Replies

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 185 Member
    edited April 21
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 6 mile run, 3 mile walk
    Weigh In: 106.7lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 10)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 4/30/24
    3. Nutrition level Good daily
    4. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Sunday
    Workout: 7 mile run, 3 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.2lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 11)
  • justgirl81
    Options

@justagirl81 Looks like you went on a long hike - I hope the scenery is beautiful on your hikes. I typically walk a trail that is around a man made lake and its just around 2.25 miles.

Sherry, I love nature, God created so much beautiful scenery for us, right? <3 Glad to see you doing so well with your goals girlfriend!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    @justagirl81 thanks.
    Started to listen to Proverbs. Started with chapter 21. rewound and listened to chapter 20 as well. My church/Bible Study mentioned it - and while i have done this in the past, its been a hot second. So, I started to do it thru my bible app.

Today's take away:
    Proverbs 20:13 "Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; Stay awake and you will have food to spare."
    -Reminds me that we need to Get up and get busy.... Working out vs sleep. ALSO, reminds me of my son who seemingly is 'unable to hold a job' (disgusts me to no end).... and he has grown poor.

I love the verse:
    "Better to live on the corner of a house than to share a house with a quarrelsome wife." PV21:9

** Need to keep up the trend of being UNDER calories.

I am feeling slimmer though. Case in point, my ring on my right hand fits my middle finger on both hands. My wedding ring on my left hand, is really close to fitting the middle finger also! these are both huge indicators that I am doing something right. Took a waist measurement on Monday morning and I swear its down 1/2" or so.

==============================================
    ...Just updating....
    7 days under calories
    3 days at calories
    3 days above calories
    Mothers day weight around 105#

2100 Calories at maintenance
    -300 Calories for Cut
    1800 : New calorie target

✅✅ Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!
    ✅✅ Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)🤸🏼‍♂️ Leg day 60m
    ✅✅ Thur, April 11th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) 🤸🏼‍♂️ Cardio 60m
    ✅✅ Fri, April 12th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) 🤸🏼‍♂️ Total Body 60m
    ☑️✅ Sat, April 13th = At Maint. Cal 🤸🏼‍♂️ PiYo 50m
    ❌✅ Sun, April 14th = Over Maint Cal 🤸🏼‍♂️ Mobility and Kickboxing 60m
    ✅✅ Mon, April 15th = Within 200 of planned target 🤸🏼‍♂️ Mobility and Kickboxing 75m
    ☑️✅ Tue, April 16th = At Maint. Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that! ❌✅ Wed, April 17th = OVER Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ Yoga 30min and Steady state cardio. Urges for sugar all day. Night before sleep was horrible/sweaty icky gross. No wonder I had sugar cravings!
    ✅✅ Thur, April 18th = UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ Elliptical 40min and 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. Going back to the Gym at noon for more elliptical.
    ❌✅ Fri, April 19th = OVER Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ 🤸🏼‍♂️ Cardio 45mins + 20min Mobility. Urges for sugar all day. Gassy.
    ☑️✅ Sat, April 19th = At Maint Calories ] 🤸🏼‍♂️ Chest and back - Push up/pull up & Mobility - Headache ...caffeine detox?
    ✅✅ Sun, April 20th = UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ PiYo + Totalbody/bodyweight cross fit like work.
    ✅ Mon, April 21st = (GOAL) UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 51Min Upper body using weights + 10mins bonus using weights
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Monday
    Workout: 7 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 107.7lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 12)
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Update:

Ive been feeling good about my weight! I ranged 142-145 throughout the last couple weeks which looks good, but time to firm up. I started the Iron series by CG! Mega burn. Loved it.
  • SherryRueter
    edited April 23
    Options
    Leg day felt good. no issues with the arm - of course I tried to maintain a lighter weight and better form - which should ALWAYS be the goal. TOmorrow, cardio and Mobility. that will feel good.

Nutrition has been feeling on point. Also feeling like I've lost a little. Kinda excited for a weigh in on the 28/29/30 Have not decided when.

=============================================
    ...Just updating....
    8 days under calories
    3 days at calories
    3 days above calories

-300 Calories for Cut

✅✅ Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!
    ✅✅ Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)🤸🏼‍♂️ Leg day 60m
    ✅✅ Thur, April 11th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) 🤸🏼‍♂️ Cardio 60m
    ✅✅ Fri, April 12th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) 🤸🏼‍♂️ Total Body 60m
    ✅✅ Mon, April 15th = Within 200 of planned target 🤸🏼‍♂️ Mobility and Kickboxing 75m
    ☑️✅ Tue, April 16th = At Maint. Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that!
    ❌✅ Wed, April 17th = OVER Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ Yoga 30min and Steady state cardio. Urges for sugar all day. Night before sleep was horrible/sweaty icky gross. No wonder I had sugar cravings!
    ✅✅ Thur, April 18th = UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ Elliptical 40min and 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. Going back to the Gym at noon for more elliptical.
    ❌✅ Fri, April 19th = OVER Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ 🤸🏼‍♂️ Cardio 45mins + 20min Mobility. Urges for sugar all day. Gassy.
    ☑️✅ Sat, April 19th = At Maint Calories ] 🤸🏼‍♂️ Chest and back - Push up/pull up & Mobility - Headache ...caffeine detox?
    ✅✅ Sun, April 20th = UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ PiYo + Totalbody/bodyweight cross fit like work.
    ✅✅ Mon, April 21st = UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 51Min Upper body using weights + 10mins bonus using weights
    ✅ Tue, April 22nd = (GOAL) UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 65Min Lower body using weights
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Kitri2020 wrote: »
    Update:

Ive been feeling good about my weight! I ranged 142-145 throughout the last couple weeks which looks good, but time to firm up. I started the Iron series by CG! Mega burn. Loved it.

CG is a mean little girl. Yeah, I have been playing with adding on 2-3 moves of hers (today did some of the EPIC Day 31 Legs, hip thrusts, lunges, squats. She is intense. Nice on being in the right weight / scale range. THAT always feels so mentally freeing.
  • justgirl81
    edited April 24
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 106.8 lbs
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 13)

Brief summary from a portion of a book I'm reading....
    To create good habits
    The 1st Law (about the Cue) is to make it obvious.
    The 2nd Law (about the Craving) is to make it attractive.
    The 3rd Law (about the Response) is to make it easy.
    The 4th Law (about the Reward) is to make it satisfying.

To break a bad habit
    The 1st Law (about the Cue) is to make it invisible.
    The 2nd Law (about the Craving) is to make it unattractive.
    The 3rd Law (about the Response) is to make it difficult.
    The 4th Law (about the Reward) is to make it unsatisfying.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Kitri2020 wrote: »
    Update:

Great job! :)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Leg day felt good. no issues with the arm - of course I tried to maintain a lighter weight and better form - which should ALWAYS be the goal. TOmorrow, cardio and Mobility. that will feel good.

Nutrition has been feeling on point. Also feeling like I've lost a little. Kinda excited for a weigh in on the 28/29/30 Have not decided when.

...Just updating....
    8 days under calories
    3 days at calories
    3 days above calories
    You rock Sherry! :)
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Enjoying reading everyone's successes here! I am stuck. Not really gaining, but also not losing.
    And I definitely know why. I've been slipping back into old eating habits, and slipping workouts more often.
    Ive been in this rut for over a month, so I really need to figure out how to get myself back on track.
    I always start the day off with great goals, but then by the end of the work day it all goes out the window and I start snacking.

So now I just need to get inspired by all of you and get myself back on track too!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @ScienceofTeaching - Snacking in my opinion is always the key.
  • SherryRueter
    Options

To create good habits
    The 1st Law (about the Cue) is to make it obvious.
    The 2nd Law (about the Craving) is to make it attractive.
    The 3rd Law (about the Response) is to make it easy.
    The 4th Law (about the Reward) is to make it satisfying.

To break a bad habit
    The 1st Law (about the Cue) is to make it invisible.
    The 2nd Law (about the Craving) is to make it unattractive.
    The 3rd Law (about the Response) is to make it difficult.
    The 4th Law (about the Reward) is to make it unsatisfying.
    I should post that on my fridge.

I agree...make it easy. LIKE when you are trying to get out of debt, pay off the smallest debt first.
    then snowball that into the second smallest debt to pay off.

take a small change. something that is easy - conquer that. (me giving up packets of sweetner)
    then find another small change - conquer that. (adding more fruits and veggies - which replaced some sweets).

To make my sugar habit "invisible, unattractive, difficult" I have tried to make the rule that I do not go to the coffee station at work. (I sorta have to walk by it enroute to my desk...or do I ??? because there is another path I could take that would avoid it. That would make the "sugar/sweets" area more invisible.

I find the sugar habit disgusting. I mean, WHO in the HELL eats SUGAR... Plain? WHO AM I? so I really don't do this a LOT anymore. I've really almost have this down to zero. IF I'm being honest, maybe 1x every 10 days. To make it more Invisible, difficult, I will use the other route to my desk. I already find it unsatisfying and unattractive. I find that sugar and sweets STEAL my joy. Make me sad and depressed. ITs taken me a while to realize this. Because it does "In the moment" make me feel happy. But, that is deflated shortly after. I think THINK I am on the edge of giving up 90% of all sugar in my life. cake, ice cream, protein bars, the whole bit. Because one leads to another. and another. and another. Fruit and veggies and whole foods don't do that. ANd my health is better (should be better) if I am more whole foods based and less sweets/snacks based.

• justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 7 mile run, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.4 lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 14)
  • RachJ1991
    RachJ1991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and I'm so glad I did! I would love to hop in on this if y'all don't mind. I need accountability to help push me to stay consistent.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @rachJ1991 YES WOuld LOVE to have more people posting

• justgirl81
    edited April 25
    Options
    Thursday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 107.7 lbs
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 15)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Welcome RachJ! <3:)
  • SherryRueter
    Options

This all means Im still doing maint. and NOT doing a deficit.
    I keep trying.... The mental F** It keeps kicking in though.
    Trying today for a 5 day streak of green checkmarks. Revisited food plan/menu ideas. Perhaps I was just in a funk because I didn't have foods that sounded entertaining to me.

IF I can stay with green checkmarks, then I will weigh in on the 30th or May 1st. No point in weighing in if they are all red x's.

...Just updating....
    8 days under calories
    4 days at calories
    5 days above calories

-300 Calories for Cut

☑️✅ Tue, April 16th = At Maint. Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that!
    ❌✅ Wed, April 17th = OVER Calories 🤸🏼‍♂️ Yoga 30min and Steady state cardio. Urges for sugar all day. Night before sleep was horrible/sweaty icky gross. No wonder I had sugar cravings!
    ☑️✅ Sat, April 20th = At Maint Calories ] 🤸🏼‍♂️ Chest and back - Push up/pull up & Mobility - Headache ...caffeine detox?
    ✅✅ Sun, April 21th = UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ PiYo + Totalbody/bodyweight cross fit like work.
    ✅✅ Mon, April 22st = UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 51Min Upper body using weights + 10mins bonus using weights
    ❌✅ Tue, April 23nd = OVER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 65Min Lower body using weights
    ☑️✅ Wed, April 24th = AT UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 65Min Cardio/stretching
    ❌✅ Thr, April 25th = OVER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 65Min Total Body
    - ✅ Fri , April 26th = (GOAL) UNDER Calories ]🤸🏼‍♂️ 65Min Upper body using weights