Airport VIP Lounge Chat

Options

Replies

• CateAussie
    CateAussie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, from Tasmania, Australia. I am busting to start this challenge! I think I will have a Dry April to help as I think my glass or 2 of wine at the end of the day is using up too many valuable calories that would be better spent on nutrition. It's rarely any more than that, but it's an enjoyable habit that I think is holding me back from losing weight.
    I am hoping this challenge will get me off to a good start on my quest to get back to my happy weight. I am currently 18 kg over that weight. It just keeps gradually going up. I think the problem was losing too much weight very quickly 17 years ago. I love playing golf & am playing twice a week at the moment & I walk our dog every day.
    If anyone wants to add me as a friend here, please do :smile:
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,301 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Sleep is the best cure for waking troubles.—Munia Khan
    I AM: True love is right around the corner.
    Action for Happiness: Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    Happy National Napping Day!!!!
    Happy World Consumer Rights Day!!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.—Nelson Mandela
    Day 15/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 74 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.98 miles yesterday.
    Work 8AM-2PM then going to get my gym workout in before coming home just might have to go lower or no weights. I bruised the knuckle on the middle finger of my right hand and can’t grip a DB very well. That will teach me to wear gloves during truck unload.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,094 Member
    Options
    Diane: I liked it. It was great.

Good morning everyone
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,616 Member
    edited March 15
    Options
    Good afternoon all, happy Friday. Yesterday was busy plus computer problems which are not solved but at least I can use it. It is chilly and is raining on and off. Nothing else too new. Have a great rest of the day .
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    @CateAussie, WELCOME to the 5% Challenge!! Many enjoy wine, I am not sure how they do that and stay in calorie range. Perhaps someone can answer this? @Kurtize?
    @Patti241, we have many new ones with us this challenge. What would you like to give them for a little bit of advice or why you enjoy the 5% Challenge? Please. THANKS!
    @Macrat12 same, Sarah what piece of advice would you like to give to a new member? THANKS!
    @Kurtize, same question and GOOD DAY!! Oh man on Weds the computer issues many of us had on MFP was MFP and not our computers, but sites need to be updated to stay current and we totally appreciate that!! It was rainy and chili here today also. Tomorrow it'll be in the 50s (our high used to be this time of year 39! Our low is normally 24, well not any more. I MISS SNOW!!
  • macrat12
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 my best advice to someone new is take the journey one meal at a time, one workout at a time and one day at a time. Oh and to trust the process and remember that this is a marathon not a sprint as we have a long way to go and a short time to get there. We're gonna do what they say can't be done.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Macrat12 Sarah TY TY TY GREAT ADVICE!!

Mine is to please remember what we eat is 80% Of what we lose, is exercise important? Absolutely!! It's 20% of the weight we lose (In general) but it also tightens up our muscles, and helps us with digestion and being able to move easier into a healthier life. WE ARE WHAT WE EAT!
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Look closely. The beautiful may be small.—Immanuel Kant
    I AM: My confidence is constantly increasing.
    Action for Happiness: Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    Happy National No Selfie Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.—Ernie Banks
    Day 16/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Day 76 of 2024 miles in 2024 and I had 5.74 miles.
    Off today so getting caught up on Law & Order: Organized Crime and podcasts. Also getting my workouts done before church.
  • Sableness
    Sableness Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    For those interested, Aldi’s carries a very nice sugar free wine.

The winter challenge was a washout for me. My motivation went into hibernation, and I lost nothing. Must shake up my routine next round.
  • lavalily
    lavalily Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    Aloha! E Komo Mai! (welcome) to everyone for a brief In-Between Challenge! I see some familiar faces from SP and other groups. (Lucy)
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Hope your day is full of sunshine and happiness even if weather isn't. Hugs

Today's Inspiration.
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning how to dance in the rain.
    - Vivian Greene
  • CateAussie
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome & the tips :)
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Macrat12, WOOHOO Love a day off!! Hope you got some ME TIME!
    @Sableness , Is the wine sour or did they use another type of sweetner? I don't drink, just curious. I am so sorry it was a hard winter for many. When I go through what you are, I start as if all over with tracking my food, and drinking water. These always seem to refocus me. TY TY For posting, we do care.
    @lavalily , So great to see you here!! WELCOME Lily!! With quite the smile on my face at that!
    @Kurtize, seems I met you today!! Hehehehe!! We are both leaders on one of the teams. Joyce is a new leader and was going through some training today. She's a LOVELY Lady and awww Kayla (her sweet dog!) is way to cute!! LOL She tried so hard to sit with you, I was giggling inside!! Izzy was still watching (one of my cats of 2)
    @CateAussie , We are thrilled to have you here with us as you start to head into FALL!! Does it get cold where you are? Many of us are heading into SPRING. Though there are other members who also are heading towards fall also.
  • Sableness
    edited March 16
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 and @CateAussie: I think the sugar free wine at Aldi’s is quite good, and I’d say it’s a medium red, not too dry, not too sweet. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it. My friend who likes only sweet wines adds Splenda to hers. 😬 Aldi’s also has fabulous eggnog wine around American Thanksgiving in November. It is not sugar free, and it’s way too tasty!
    @Dianedoessmiles1: thanks for the support. I gave some thought to what works for me, and tracking is the first thing along with NEE, No Evening Eating. Only Eve gets evening treats. The little rascal is going through a picky spell again, and it’s an ongoing challenge to feed Her Highness acceptable meals.
  • CateAussie
    Options
    It doesn’t get too cold where I live thank goodness. I wish we had an Aldi in Tassie but have just ordered some AF wine from a large bottle shop & will pick it up before we visit our son & his partner next weekend.
    Thanks for the welcomes. It is making me even keener to start!
  • Dgrodis
    Dgrodis Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    After so much rain here in Pa, I am happy to say yesterday was sunny and today is starting off that way.
    I just wanted to say hello and have a great day.
  • macrat12
    Options
    Insight Timer Quote: Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.—Albert Einstein
    I AM: I deserve peace, love, and health.
    Action for Happiness: Look around and spot three things you find unusual or pleasant.
    Happy National Make up your own holiday Day!!!!
    Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!
    Pliability QOTD: You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.—Wayne Gretzky
    Day 76 of 2024 miles in 2024 complete and I had 5.05 miles.
    Day 17/31 2 miles a day in March.
    Off today so it’s clean sheet day then hoping to catch up on the rest of the Real AF podcast episodes and Thursday’s Live Stream Call from the 1st Phorm app.
  • Sableness
    Options
    I’ve tracked my breakfast, kept it light knowing there’ll be a splendid picnic buffet at the memorial service/St Patrick’s Day party I’m going to this afternoon. I’m wondering how the large family will handle the no alcohol rule for county parks. I managed to French braid my hair, haven’t done that for awhile. I’m wearing small shamrock earrings and my mom’s jade necklace.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    We had so much rain but needed this winter in California but it's been lovely weather the past week & 70's this coming week. I've been able to spend much time outside walking my dogs, taking them to the parks & cleaning the patio. I finally got rid of all the leaves but forgot till my husband reminded me that our patio cover in full of leaves still so I'm cleaning it off today ugh. I've become a little bit lazy in tracking lately so getting back to it
  • Kurtize
    Options
    Good afternoon, hope your day is going well. Met @Dianedoessmiles1 yesterday via zoom. Looking forward to meeting the other leaders on the team on zoom Monday. This is a new adventure for me.
    Happy St Patrick's day.
    9fmksl0hhkz2.jpg