Yes Please INTRODUCE YOURSELF Here! Let's Get to Know You!

Options
1235»

Replies

• walkintofit
    walkintofit Posts: 3,749 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done?
    ..59 sparkpeople and here
    What do you like to do for fun?
    ..reading, walking, hiking, taking long drives
    What major city do you live in or near? State?
    ..Twin Falls Idaho
    What are you health/fitness goals for this season?
    ..st, eating better
    How would your pet or friend describe you?
    ..loyal, fun to be around
    What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can.
    ..cup of coffee,
    What is your favorite TV show?
    ..Fire Country, 1888
    Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house?
    .. clean house
    What always cheers you up?
    ..sunshine, margaritas, friends
    2 fun things about you?
    ..love spontaneity, gets left and right mixed up
  • Katynben52
    Katynben52 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot

What do you like to do for fun? Boating, swimming (floating in pool), traveling, visiting with friends, I love to read and getting to take it easy!!

What major city do you live in or near? State? Richmond VA

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Just keep on getting healthier & stronger

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Recumbent Bike

What is your favorite TV show? I'm always amazed at On Patrol!!

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house? I love the results!

What always cheers you up? My husband, daughter and granddaughters and talking with friends

2 fun things about you? Getting closer to retirement.

Anything else you would like to share? No
  • sandman09
    sandman09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? 0!

What do you like to do for fun? camping, visiting national parks, photography, theatre

What major city do you live in or near? State? Indianapolis, IN

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Avoid added sugar

How would your pet or friend describe you? Lazy

What is the last thing you finished? bottle of water

What is your favorite TV show? Chicago Fire/ Blue Bloods

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? wash the car

What always cheers you up? A clean house

2 fun things about you? I do construction and travel for work. I am from Northwest IN, but have lived in TX 3 different times, NM, NY, DE, VA, FL, AL, and now Indy.

Anything else you would like to add? had lost 70 lb and kept it off until my oldest was born. did ok until my second came around. Now I am close to my heaviest again and I cant keep claiming its baby weight since my baby is 4! I have tried several times to lose weight recently and it just wouldnt work. trying to reset my body this time and hoping for the best.
  • marz1pan
    marz1pan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is my first one!

Hiking, walking, playing with the kids, reading

Austin, TX

Weight loss. I have done a lot to make fitness and healthy eating part of my life, but have struggled with this piece

Funny, loyal, outdoorsy

A chocolate chip cookie. I guess it's name was Sarah.

Parks and Rec

Exercise

Music. Videos of the kids as babies

2 fun things about you?
    I worry for a living. I enjoy a 20 mile hike and summiting mountains.

Anything else you would like to share?
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 969 Member
    edited March 23
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I think 5 or 6.

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy playing word games.

What major city do you live in or near? Orlando, Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Continue to eat clean food. Eat at home more. Keep moving daily. Lose 1-2 pounds a week.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Follower of Jesus. Good listener.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A really good audiobook. The Likeness by Tana French

What is your favorite TV show? Young Sheldon

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise

What always cheers you up? Spending time with my husband

2 fun things about you? I love grammar & etymology, but I’m probably the only one who finds them fun. 😆

Anything else you would like to share? I’m an Obliger, according to The Four Tendencies, by Gretchen Rubin.
  • Sp33dy143
    Sp33dy143 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

I came with the Sparkpeople wave... this will be my 11th challenge since joining MFP. I was a member of SP for 11+ years and did countless 5% challenges over the years on The Teddy Bear Team.

We love to camp, garden and spend as much time possible outdoors enjoying our pool and exploring our beautiful country. I try to learn something new every day and enjoy online games that have lots of puzzle solving. We spend a lot of time cheering on our grands during baseball, basketball, flag football, golf, and soccer seasons.

We are about 30 miles south of Los Angeles and 100 miles north of San Diego. We live in Orange County California in the quaint coastal community of Seal Beach.

Still recovering from our 1st round of Covid I’m concentrating on increasing my formal exercise and staying true to the quote… “Never Quit.”

I’m a hugger and never the first one to let go… I’m probably more emphatic than I should be but God doesn’t make mistakes.

What is this word “finished”??? At 77 I’m always working towards something and there’s always something to be working towards. I’d name it LIFE. But I haven’t finished it yet either.

I love all categories… but right now “The Crown”

Honestly, exercise. Because I have a lot of pain issues. I can’t walk like I use to or do any real exercising anymore. I use house cleaning for my minutes each day because that has to be done. Hopefully losing weight will help me to exercise and visa versa.

Family, nature, and music.

2 fun things about you?

I’m always up for a board game and love hosting pool parties.

Happy Spring 2024...

93tgbgbldfwm.jpg

• kittyCarol707
    kittyCarol707 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? Eight or nine. I took a break during the winter challenge and missed it immediately.

What do you like to do for fun? I enjoy reading, growing flowers in my small yard, bird-watching and picnics.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I'm about halfway between Denver, Colorado and SLC, Utah.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I'd like to lose 5% of my weight.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Loyal and fun.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. The last thing I finished was a short book by Marguerite Duras. Just before that, I finished The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. I loved it.

What is your favorite TV show? Midsomer Murders

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Wash a car.

What always cheers you up? British Crime Dramas, especially funny, campy ones.

2 fun things about you? I love wordplay and long, lingering meals with friends.

• Golfma4
    Golfma4 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? Since starting on SP in 2011

What do you like to do for fun? Games on computer and with friends - Canasta, plus reading

What major city do you live in or near? State? Winston Salem, NC

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Lose 10 lbs

How would your pet or friend describe you? loyal - persistent

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Just finished watching "The Voice".

What is your favorite TV show? The Voice

What always cheers you up? My 2 yr old grandson

2 fun things about you? Love being outside - Love working with flowers

Anything else you would like to share? I feel blessed to know Jesus and love being with friends and family who share this faith. Thanks to all those who volunteer time to keep the challenges going.
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,725 Member
    edited March 27
    Options
    Many, lost count

walk my dog to the park and back

Baltimore, MD

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    master sleep & reach my favorite weight

”She gets me!”

A 36-hour sous vide cook of chuck roast (fortunately, no power outages)

Only Murders in the Building

Exercise

beautiful music or art

2 fun things about you?
    I dance to muzak in the grocery store.
    I cannot see dust.

I try to avoid as much medication as possible.
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I calculated when I started that I'd already done one, I'm now working my way through the second.

What do you like to do for fun? Walks in the countryside.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Exeter, in Devon, in England.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? The next 5%

How would your pet or friend describe you? Kinda slow! He's a cat and VERY assertive.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. A book by Jane Casey 'A stranger in the family'.

What is your favorite TV show? Detectorists. It's about two dull men who go metal detecting and it's fab.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise. I haven't got a car and I avoid housework wherever possible.

What always cheers you up? A walk, the spring, cuddling my cat.

2 fun things about you?

Um . . . I volunteer for a charity one day a week, pricing books. The oldest book I've had in my hands was published in 1664. My favourite place is Venice. Probably. Maybe Rome. Maybe Hyeres on the French Riviera.

• pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Lots

Build with Lego, crochet, walk, Read

Virginia Beach, VA

What are your health/fitness goals for this season?
    lose weight, continue to eat healthy, exercise

kind, good listener, energetic

I built a Lego pet nook

Not really into TV

Exercise, I hate cleaning.

Let me build with Lego.

2 fun things about you?
    I like to take a generic Lego building and modify it. Sometimes, I'll buy 2 cheap ones and come up with something different using all the bricks.
    Currently, I am building a courthouse. Hubby is helping. We each work on something. All that is left is the furniture. We are waiting on the bricks to finish it.

• EmPea888
    EmPea888 Posts: 117 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? I did a couple when we were all SparkPeople and I did the Fall Challenge 2023 and had a great result. I thought I could go it alone and I have put some of that weight loss back on but not all of it. The important thing is that I'm back! B)

What do you like to do for fun? I love singing and dancing.

What major city do you live in or near? State? I live in London UK - I'm in the outer city but I get in to the centre regularly.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I would like to lose 5% of my current body weight - I have a longer term goal to get in to Onederland by my 60th birthday in October. I would also like to raise and maintain a higher daily step count and get back in to resistance training and yoga/Pilates. It will be a little change at a time.

How would your pet or friend describe you? I don't have any pets but I imagine if I did they would just be clicking their fingers to summon me.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I have just finished 1 month sugar and flour free - which is the thing that gave me confidence to go back to tracking my food fully again and aim for a weight loss target.

What is your favourite TV show? The Queen's Gambit - easily my favourite TV show ever.

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Exercise - at least then I have a choice about what I do.

What always cheers you up? Visiting my friends' permaculture farm on the south coast. Also, the song 'Groove is in the Heart'.

2 fun things about you? I'm thinking of dying my hair pink and I have a funny left eye but that's OK as I can tell good jokes.

Anything else you would like to share? I have had to stop pretending that I can have certain foods in moderation, some people can but I really can't. No sugar. No flour. No starches. No blood sugar peaks and crashes.
  • DRC200971
    DRC200971 Posts: 785 Member
    Options

How many 5% Challenges have you done? I'm originally from Sparkpeople and since switching to MFP, I believe I missed one season.

What do you like to do for fun? Read, gardening and watching grandkids sporting events

What major city do you live in or near? State? Peoria, IL.

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? Contribute consistently 120 minutes of daily exercise and stay within my allot carbs per day.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Dedicated, loyal

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. I just finished starting 70 banana peppers.

What is your favorite TV show? Fire Country

What always cheers you up? My two cats. It's hilarious watching them chase each other.

2 fun things about you? I'm a season ticket holder to both our local college team and minor league St. Cardinal affiliate, even though I'm not a Cardinal fan and I like to take trips with our local charter bus company. It's nice to have them make all the arrangements.

• aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited May 13
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? To many to count!

What major city do you live in or near? Sarasota State? Florida

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? To get back to my Goal weight

How would your pet or friend describe you? Cuddly and warm

What is the last thing you finished? making a birthday card. Give it a name if you can. Hummingbird & Flowers

What is your favorite TV show? Resident Alien

What always cheers you up? Being in nature and seeing happy people.

2 fun things about you? Making greeting cards and giving them to family and friends.

Anything else you would like to share? Went for my colonoscopy where they found cancer. Had colon resection and chemo therapy for 3 months. Blood test and CT scan are all normal now. Thankful everyday for that and pray for those that are not. Chemo was one of the toughest thing I've ever done.
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options

This is my second or third…. I started before electroconvulsive therapy so it’s a bit fuzzy if I completed the second one.

I like to crochet, budget, organize, and create new recipes in the kitchen! I’m currently working on a baby blanket, and I am going to start a pink and white blanket for one of my cousins.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada! The heart of North America!

I want to be able to do the stairs at my new place without getting winded.

Kind, giving, although also blunt and sarcastic! And I have a sense of humour.

A package of garlic Idahoan instant Mashed Potatoes LOL!

What is your favorite TV show? I don’t watch tv normally. I like audiobooks and music. I have a Disney plus account simply because a friend and I watch Dr. Pol when she comes over to help me with my laundry and to clean my place. My favourite movie, though, is Rent!

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Clean house! My mom got one day off a week so we would always crank the music on that one day and do a major clean of the house. One of my favourite memories is walking home from school one spring day to the windows open and music pouring out of the house and my mom waving out the window when she saw me. I loved cleaning days because it was the only day we got to spend with my mom in her element: taking care of my brother and I as a mom and not the breadwinner.

Metallica or My Chemical Romance

2 fun things about you?

I once jumped out of a perfectly good airplane and I travelled to Belize on a mission trip one winter early in my pastoral career. The sun made me sick and I swore to never again go to Central America. I lied, though, and was back a few years later, this time to the Dominican Republic for a wedding. I handled that trip much better.

Anything else you would like to share? I am excited to be back and am excited to be working towards my health goals again!

koo3fgv7upwz.jpeg
    This is my niece who is the most important external reason for me to get healthy. Those words on the picture are my core values, the things that motivate me to continue moving forward.
    v6eflwz59bjn.jpeg
    I crochet cat blankets for my local humane society!
    c4y3sxdn2t4t.jpeg
    My two boys. Clyde is the darker one and Khonchu is the lighter one. They are both rescues my sister took in and then, when the doctor ordered her to get rid of her cats, I took them in.
  • slstrake1975
    slstrake1975 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    How many 5% Challenges have you done? A lot. I was an extra leader for a while too until I had to be in the hospital for a week and because of a mental illness could not do it anymore. I am looking to at least be a member again.

What do you like to do for fun? I love to read and write in my journal.

What major city do you live in or near? State? Syracuse, NY

What are you health/fitness goals for this season? I am trying to lose a little weight but not anything major. I am almost at normal weight and am learning good food to eat from the book Food by Mark Hyman and have read a book on the ketogenic diet as well.

How would your pet or friend describe you? Friendly and nice.

What is the last thing you finished? Give it a name if you can. Not sure what you mean. I finished reading a book yesterday called Warrior of the Light by Paulo Coelho.

What is your favorite TV show? General Hospital

Would you rather exercise, wash a car or clean house? Wash a car because it would be the shortest in time.

What always cheers you up? Reading a book.

2 fun things about you? I was dancing in my living room on Saturday and I like to go to the beach.