Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    The daily card:
    How you think can impact how you feel. This is the mind-body connection. For example, when we are stressed, our bodies can react with a headache, lethargy, tightness in the shoulders, or an inability to sleep. Focusing on your breathing is a great way to combat the physical effects of stress. Next time you feel stressed, give your attention to your breathing. Take a deep breath, hold it, count to five, breathe out, hold again and count to five. Repeat until you feel calm.

txw84m9xdurq.jpg

Love this! Thanks for sharing!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,734 Member
    edited May 24
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I have been very tired and busy the past few days, so I don't have the energy to write a lot. Wednesday my dad was here and we went to the bigger town with the car to get some shopping done. Instead of waiting for his laundry to dry, we went for a short walk which was nice. I weeded a bunch in the afternoon and finally put in the seeds for my flower field. I am not very optimistic about it, but if at least 50% are proper flowers instead of mustard, I will be happy.
    Yesterday I was exhausted, but got my walk in again, my gym rings workout, some more gardening and I finished a puzzle. I got my new mower delivered (the old one died) and this time I decided to get an old fashioned manual push mower, so no electricity. I tested it out and already like it better than the electric one I had before. It is just much easier to grab, it takes very little effort and not having a 10 meter long cable dragging behind me is super nice. It was a lot faster because of it. It does struggle a lot in the area where I have a lot of moss. The ground is so soft that it sinks in and then the blades hit the ground so it gets stuck. I am not sure how to fix that yet. I got a big pile of vacation money, so my savings account got a bunch and I ordered some stuff I 'needed'. A lot of bird food, two pants for the summer, new vitamins and a sports bra so I can go horse riding soon.
    Boob stuff under a spoiler!
    The last time I checked my bra size was almost 4 years ago when I started my weight loss journey. I hate wearing sized bras, they always feel uncomfortable. So for years and years I have just been wearing sport bras in XL size which is very comfy. At my fattest, my bra size was 105G. When I checked it two days ago, it was 95C. I honestly didn't believe it at first. For some reason I thought I would still have massive boobs. Though to be fair, I still think they are too big, lol. I hope they keep shrinking some more. I think bra sizes are all over the place, so I will wait and see if it actually fits when it shows up. I have a feeling it may take a few stores before I find one that works.
    Happy Friday everyone <3
    1y604jewxmdk.jpg
    902tl3heijuu.jpg
    w4ur4vpe9jpc.jpg
    rsb7utzlynt0.jpg
    nz8yfv25jafu.jpg
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    5/21-12,170
    5/22-12,077
    5/23-5,788
  • Pupowl
    Options
    The daily card:
    w1saohucm1sk.jpg
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all:

My office is getting ready for a big move to another building and being in IT, that means we're involved in every part of it...well yesterday during the middle of the day, I started having a horrible stomach ache...came home and went straight to bed after eating something very light. That's why I didn't post yesterday. Thanks @pupowl for covering...I've updated the charts this evening for anything that was missing. Hope your day went well today!

Tomorrow is Friday...and boy am I looking forward to the 3-day weekend with Memorial Day on Monday. Hope everyone who commemorates, has a terrific weekend with family and friends. Be safe!
    Jessica

Hope you're feeling better today and the work project stress remains manageable
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl how was shopping with your dad?

@jessicakrall8 I hope you’re feeling better.
    Have a great long weekend.
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Tomsgal1985
    Weekly Post
    Weigh In Day: Saturday (no scale tomorrow)
    Highest weight: 239.8
    PW (Previous Weight): 220.6
    CW (Current Weight): 222.4
  • Pupowl
    edited May 24
    Options
    @CasandraW It was alright. Not very exciting shopping; just some stuff I needed. I get wood pellets for the litterbox but with my bike I can only buy two bags at a time. They are cheaper when you buy 7 of them, so now I have a nice stock. Also got a weeding tool and some sunflower seeds for the birds. I will probably plant a couple as well. At store 2 I got more vet wrap for Tinus. His neck is looking much better, but I have to keep a wrap on or he will scratch again and those little rolls run out pretty fast if you change the wrap every morning. At store 3 I didn't find what I was looking for (summer pants) so I bought them online. At store 4 I needed a bunch of new shade cloth for the windows. I have sun shades with suction cups for the upstairs windows, but they never stick on all year long and I absolutely hate climbing up the ladder to put them back every summer. It is scary and I don't want to do that alone so I need my dad for it too. So I figured out something new with the shade cloths instead. I can pull them over the outside of the window from inside and then close the window so it stays put. It is pretty easy and I think it will work just as well. Store 5 was the grocery store. I got some muffins and baklava which was very tasty. My food the past two days hasn't looked good, but I had 21 perfect days before that, so it was time for a little break! Today is back on plan. :smile:
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Friday weigh-in
    Goal zone weight: 127.0
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    it's Fri-Yay! so glad to be starting the weekend soon.

steps:
    May 21= 8979
    May 22= 10,964
    May 23= 9646
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,678 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!
    Thursday Steps
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,678 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Say it with me,

I am committed to my exercise schedule because it is important to me. The regular exercise keeps my soul/sprit calm and my mind sharp.

xoxo
    Have a Great Day Shape Shifters!

@Cyncia85 absolutely!! Whatever else is going on in my life I always exercise. If I don't there's a definite difference in how I feel both physically and mentally. Exercise is my one non-negotiable.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,415 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    May week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday, May 24
    PW: 252.5
    CW: 254.4 (↑1.9 lbs; 0.75%)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,415 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 5/21: 10,287
    Wed 5/22: 12,439
    Thu 5/23: 10,364
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 207.8
    CW 210.2

Ooof!! I hope/think this week's gain is hormonal as I feel bloated. I've been more consistently tracking food and activity with deficits and doing well with exercise. Maybe it would have been better to just not weigh in today...

Anyways...beautiful weather here! I'm planning to get out for a nice bike ride this weekend and need to catch up on chores and gardening as I was away last weekend. Have a good weekend, all!
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl I agree with the scary ladder and not wanting to do it alone. I really hate going up ladders, thankfully my husband is fearless on them. Some times I wish he would take some of my fear though and be a bit more cautious. 🤷‍♀️
    Baklava is delicious and I hope you savoured it. You’ve been doing great and will likely be right back on track again. Do you have a goal weight in mind? I don’t recall you saying in the past.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @CasandraW Yeah, I rather be extra careful! I just really hate heights and only doing it once a year doesn't exactly give enough 'practice' to get less afraid either. My dad is also not a fan of heights and the screens were my idea, lol, so I am not going to ask him either. He is getting old too!
    Thank you. This month has been awesome. My goal weight is 147 but I just picked that because it makes a 100 pound total loss. I guess I will see when I get there. I honestly never thought I would get this far.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 198.5
    CW 195.0
This discussion has been closed.