itladyee Posts: 4,341 Member
    Options
    Motto:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳
    H2O - Make it Flow 💦💦💦

Daily Goals for May
    1. Calories @1650 and protein 150g.
    2. Limit Wine to the weekend, if at all.
    3. Water - Minimum of 80 ounces
    4. Exercise 6 days a week (core/strength train/cardio)
    5. Consistently hit 10k steps - Goal 20+ days.
    6. Daily reads or audible.
    7. Post work out snack
    Recap: 🙀

- THOUGHTS: None :)

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

5/19 5,083
    5/20 5,384
    5/21 11,766 ST 20
    5/22
    5/23
    5/24
    5/25

I avoid Karaoke at all costs! I did do a Midnight Train to Georgia, once!

Most toxic person you've known. And the award goes to ...my BIL. His toxicity was not directed at me but gosh he was difficult to be around.

I like the question of the day, even If I don't answer them daily🙂

@NouveauRee—I have an area in the basement marked off for my home "gym." I have a treadmill and an elliptical, and I plan to purchase a weight bench and get some updated weights. I just hope the motivation feels the same. I think it will. I've been at it consistently for almost six months now, and I don't want to lose the strength that I've gained. Now, I just need to figure out the nutrition/weight-loss part of the equation.
  • JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 22
    Options
    JamieS74 wrote: »
    The most toxic person is a toss up.
    I had a very verbally and physically abusive step mother from second grade until senior year, during that time I also had a very physically, verbally, emotionally abusive boyfriend throughout high school.
    I'm glad I've learned to not put up with anyone's *kitten*!

So 💩 translates to Kitten 🤣🤣🤣
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    So I went MIA this past week. After getting over the stomach bug, our son decided to try out for a new travel baseball team. He made the team and went straight into practice and an out of state tourney. It was a whirl wind of running all over town to find all the new gear needed before heading out. He has grown so much the last 8 months.
    With that said I missed my step check in. I weigh in tomorrow so I will enter everything then.
    Hope all is well with everyone!!

Please post your weight and your steps from 5/12 - 5/18 so that I can post the results thank you
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,835 Member
    Options
    6l3xes9cfoxn.jpg

Who was the most toxic person you've known?

I would say my x-boss - the reason I retired. He took over for my old boss when she retired, a very toxic environment. But that being said, made me retire which was the best decision ever.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 23
    Options
    Last chance to get your steps in @Myhands4God ....If I do not have them in by the morning of 5/23 I will have no choice but to zero them out

• RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 275 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    Last chance to get your steps in @Myhands4God and @lovethyneighbor....If I do not have them in by the morning of 5/23 I will have no choice but to zero them out

Please weigh in as soon as you can @lovethyneighbor ...Thank you

Hey @Megan_smartiepants1970, don’t mean to butt in on captain duties but is this what you need? @lovethyneighbour posted this earlier today. You guys both posted at almost the same time and I think maybe you just missed it:
    Weigh-In Wednesday
    PW: 233.00
    CW: 234.8
    Up a little after the stomach bug, but expected. Still down less than my number the week prior, and I am excited about that!

Wk 3 Steps:
    5/12: 5265
    5/13: 5781
    5/14: 4597
    5/15: 7326
    5/16: 5286
    5/17: 6398
    5/18: 4367

Wk 4 Steps:
    5/19: 5872
    5/20: 3603
    5/21: 5711

I feel like my legs are falling off, I've been so busy. However, since I sit all day at my work desk, it is hindering my step count.

Hope that helps! 🙂. Thanks for EVERYTHING you do to keep us all on track!

Thanks RoblinB....I got it thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
  • JamieS74
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Weigh in day

PW 178.8
    CW 176.6

2.2 pound loss 😁
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,835 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

👣 22,712
    📝 Logged Everything
    🥗 Under my calorie range
    🫀 30 Minute Cardio
    💦 8 glasses of water
    🧂 Under my Sodium Limit
    📖 🎮 or ME! Yup

🌷🪻Happy May! 🌷🪻

Knee is feeling good - just a slight ache - of course just when I am scheduled for the MRI. I will go anyway - see what the see (if anything). Probably a waste of 💵 but I guess good to know. Busy day yesterday - got all my planned exercise, plus got rest of the garden planted and washed the boat. Hoping to get out for our first ride of the year on Friday before the Memorial Day rush!
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    6l3xes9cfoxn.jpg

Who was the most toxic person you've known?

I would have to say my ex husband ...he was verbally abusive , controlling etc.

Hmm, there have been a few toxic people in my past.

One that I can think of was an ex boss, she would turn things around to make sure I did them wrong and then shout at me and then make me cry and then hug me. This went on over and over until I got a different position in the company, told me I would fail and then she never spoke to me again and made it really awkward at events LOL Finally when covid happened, they didn't call her to return to work but I went back and it was good without not having to see her.. But the company had a handful of of these kind of managers so other things happened, thankfully not as bad as the experience with the first one so finally a few years later I, myself left and got a job that I absolutely love and am appreciated at! Totally day and night difference that has made in my life :) I've thought about emailing the old HR lady with my email and signature of the new job title I have here with the new company just to prove that I was capable at the position she turned me down for but I don't need to prove anything so I haven't and it's been over a year now :) I never told anyone where I was going so... I just had to get out of there!!

Thanks for the vent HAHA!! Have a great day everyone :)
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Everyone, I started HIIT training on Sunday.. I did it Tuesday as well and boy do my legs feel like they are falling off. Does anyone have experience with that?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    e2d8svslfald.jpg

Would you ever start a business?

Yes I am thinking about starting a business called All Occasions Fabric photo albums and my daughter would like to start a business called crochet corner ...I am not sure when I want to start this ..I am thinking when I hopefully get to move to Colorado ...I soooooo want out of California
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 23
    Options
    hqo9nq3kjbp6.jpg

MAY WEEK 3 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Hotspur11 - 111,644 steps
    2nd @JamieS74 - 90,077 steps
    3rd @Slimmersixties - 87,104 steps
    4th @ILive2Walk - 71,403 steps
    5th @itladyee -58,120 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 568,605 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYBODY :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @aactuallyaash 1/7
    @itladyee 3/7
    @Hotspur11 7/7
    @Slimmersixties 7/7
    @iLive2Walk 1/7
    @Stacimfit 1/7
    @myndieet 0/7
    @lovethyneighbor 1/7
    @JamieS74 7/7
    @MommieJeannie 1/7
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,341 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

5/19 5,083
    5/20 5,384
    5/21 11,766 ST 20
    5/22 7,423 ST 15
    5/23
    5/24
    5/25

I've considered starting a business in my earlier days...tried some "traditional" stuff > Tupperware, Avon, Mary Kay etc. Nothing really got off the ground. I never could get my arms wrapped around all it would take to do a business on my own.

If (Big IF) retirement gets boring, I may do some type of consulting but full blown business building time has probably come and gone :)
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    @lovethyneighbor please weigh in and I need your steps from 5/12 -5/18 so that I can post the results soon thanks

Hi @Megan_smartiepants1970, we must have posted at the same time. My check-in is just above your request. :wink:
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 23
    Options
    Hi all,

Phone trouble all day and then this news hit me.. Very emotional about it as I'm not sure what the impact on me will be.. The first thing I do every day is reading my newsfeed..

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024#:~:text=Starting the week of May,shared exercises within the app
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lovethyneighbor please weigh in and I need your steps from 5/12 -5/18 so that I can post the results soon thanks

Hi @Megan_smartiepants1970, we must have posted at the same time. My check-in is just above your request. :wink:

I got it yesterday ... You are all set ...Sorry for the confusion :)
  • JamieS74
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    Hi all,

Phone trouble all day and then this news hit me.. Very emotional about it as I'm not sure what the impact on me will be.. The first thing I do every day is reading my newsfeed..

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024#:~:text=Starting the week of May,shared exercises within the app

I feel the same way. I'm so disappointed! I come to mfp just as much as I do Facebook and Instagram 🤣🤣 and actually prefer it over FB
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 386.2
    CW - 386.0

Hope everyone is doing well. Another tiny loss, but still a loss. My birthday was a few days ago- was nice being mobile on my birthday since I definitely spent a few immobile. Much love yall.

Happy Belated birthday...You have done amazing on your journey and I am so very proud of you ...Keep being amazing ..hugs
This discussion has been closed.