Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    @AyaTheTyga Great to see you back, I hope you get there too!

@megnolia82 The heat's been crazy lately I'm ready for a break!

@trooworld Hang in there hopefully the heatwave is gone soon, here I think Friday will at least be low 90s instead of 100s.

@19shmoo69 True that does make it real hard, the forums may be better to recruit than here. I joined via the forums.

Forgot to post my responses and update, been resting a lot and gardening, not much else going on but hoping my pain improves.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Username:AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 210.5
    CW: 210.5
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Good morning you wonderfully beautiful Slimpossible teammates. The sky is up. The ground is down. That means, even though it may feel like it, the world has not gone topsy turvy.

I managed to get another gym membership. After chatting with my son and his wife, she has agreed to be my trainer/coach. I'm not sure why I never thought of that since she has trained, competed and place in strong woman competitions. It should have been so obvious. You know how it is, the hardest things to see can be right in front of you.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 244.2
    CW: 244.8
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 That's a really good point. I have no thoughts, unless someone outside of MFP wants to lose weight and be on a team. That's great you joined a gym and now will have someone training you. I hope it helps.

@Katmary71 Oh I hope so too. Ha yeah I love dill pickles. I even made a dill pickle juice martini once, it was good! 102, wow! LOL I can relate to your hair frizz story. And the hate of the photos, I hate my wedding photos. It was a little cooler here yesterday but not much. I hope the 90s feel good to you.

Hi all. I had half day off yesterday as I am going to a convention this weekend and have to work all weekend. I also have half day Thursday and all day Friday off. Not too much going on.

No Zero Days: Tracked, drank 127.1 oz water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    Options

@Katmary71 I hope your pain is doing better today. It’s a shame the whole clinic thing went to hell. How is it with the roommate right now? I hope he is behaving because you don’t need any stress on your poor body. <3

@19shmoo69 It is great that your wife will be your trainer! She knows you and exactly how to push you to get the needed results. :)

Good morning! I forgot to post yesterday and don’t even have a good excuse. :D Today is going to be HOT!!! We will take Maggie to the surgery animal hospital for her consultation today at 11 am, and we are both nervous about what will happen. I’m just praying she will be OK and I can get my little barking diva back. This evening, I’m taking a church friend who has five kids. She has breast cancer, and we have been taking meals the day after her treatment. I’m making pulled pork, mac-n-cheese, baked beans, chips, and cookies. Right now, I need to get Joe up, do a quick workout, and get this day going. Y'all stay cool! :):) ☀️
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 I hope the consultation goes okay and you can get her into surgery PRONTO. That sounds like good comfort food and you are really nice to bring that to your friend. Stay cool yourself, in that miserable weather!

No Zero Days: Tracked, drank 127.1 oz water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

• bark2j5
    bark2j5 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was off schedule yesterday and I forgot to post.

Check in: Monday
    PW: 145.0
    CW: 144.0
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Congrats to @megnolia82 @AustinRuadhain and @TeresaW2024 WTG!

@trooworld the weather here is HOT too. I have been avoiding the outdoors. Going to give another week, can't apply sunscreen yet. My new skin is still very sensitive and the only thing I have been able to apply to my face is vaseline without it stinging it. I will make use of my rec room this week.

@Katmary71 Thank you my face it getting better every day. I am so very sorry that you are not finding any comfort with your pain. I can only imagine how you must feel. When John is down from his back it breaks my heart that I cannot take the pain away.

@DrewsAnna I have learned that after I add a reply to someone's post to hit the save draft so that I don't lose everything.

@19shmoo69 That is great that you now have a trainer. Crazy how we don't see the obvious in front of us.

@TeresaW2024 I hope all goes well with Maggie's appt.

Well, Diesel left with the trainer Kelley yesterday and I received a text from her later that day that he was having a hard time. I know he needs this but I just want to go get him and bring him home. I really hope today is a better day for him. Once she has gained her trust with him she will start the training and I will get video updates of his training sessions. I am still trying to figure out the crate thing, I have never crated any of my pups in the past. I really don't believe in that.
    Today, I don't have too much going on just going to stay busy.

Have a blessed day!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Forgot the question last night!

WHAT PART OF BEING HEALTHY IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU AND HOW CAN YOU MAKE IT EASIER ON YOURSELF? Feel free to ask how others face this issue for good tips!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    WHAT PART OF BEING HEALTHY IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU AND HOW CAN YOU MAKE IT EASIER ON YOURSELF? Feel free to ask how others face this issue for good tips!

Being healthy is more of a mental challenge than a physical one. We all have physical limitations, we all have setbacks, we all have life drama, stress, busyness, and stuff going on. Being healthy means being resilient, having a Plan B, and overcoming those obstacles. That's the real challenge. Finding a way over, under, around, and through.

-Mica
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

WHAT PART OF BEING HEALTHY IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU AND HOW CAN YOU MAKE IT EASIER ON YOURSELF?

The eating right is the hardest part! Exercise Is fine. Yes, sometimes I have to force myself to get off my butt and move but I can get used to exercising more, but trying to eat right and less has always been a hurdle for me as someone who likes to eat, likes to eat junk and who feels like I'm missing out by not eating junk food. So far, I've been sticking with eating healthier as best as I can in my situation as someone who doesn't cook, only microwaves, and eats a lot of processed foods like frozen meals and soup which unfortunately always have a lot of salt you can't avoid in preprocessed foods. It's a bit of a challenge keeping my sodium at the recommended fitnesspals level but I try. I am eating better than I have in the past though. 🤷‍♀️

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 25 of 52

PW: 137.8
    CW: 137.8

Going to be July very soon, I was looking at our weather pattern and it say's we will have 3 months of temps 90 or above. I don't know how much yardwork I will get done in the heat. I have a friend on my game, and she lives about an hour away from me we are planning to meet for lunch, I'm so excited. I need to color my hair this weekend. The office is looking good, I work on it a bit every day. I'm eating 80 cherries a day; I love cherries and the season is almost over. I plan to eat that much so I'm ok tracking. I'm going to buy more cherries after lunch today.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WI Monday

Well I am stuck and I am sick. I am hamster sitting and it seems I am allergic to this breed of hamster. I’m a sneezy itch watery eyed mess. I feel like a bobble head. Totally worth having the cute lil ham for a week. She should be going home tomorrow and hopefully I will be back to my normal self.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow: @DrewsAnna
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I'm happy to see you posting yay, I was worried you left MFP.

@19shmoo69 That's a great idea to have your DIL train you, I hope it's just what you need.

@trooworld That would be a good martini! I'm saving some pickle juice right now, I usually marinate chicken breasts in the leftover juice. What kind of convention is it this weekend?

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Let us know how it goes with Maggie, I hope it will be an easy surgery and will take care of her pain and mobility issues. Wow that meal sounds amazing, you're such a great friend! My roommate and I are doing better, we never hashed out what happened but decided to move on. His boss has him working every day this week and he's real excited to catch up on rent and pay next month early, he was beaming when he paid off the last payment and I'm very proud of him. He was asking if I minded if he set up a workout area in my extra room and I told him to go for it. He also asked for some chores to help me out so I can rest more which was sweet.

@bark2j5 Good to see you Alison!

@txcritter69 Oh my gosh it's so hard to see a loved one in pain, I feel for you when John is down too. My brother's been having back problems the last few years and it's so hard to see, I'm used to it being me. Hugs I know you must really miss Diesel but hopefully this will help him.

WHAT PART OF BEING HEALTHY IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU AND HOW CAN YOU MAKE IT EASIER ON YOURSELF? For me it's the pain part on only being able to move so much or being on steroids where I won't lose then eating with others. The former for obvious reasons, the latter because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings at potlucks if I don't eat what they made or eating things at someone's house. Sometimes after a night out I fall off the wagon from the stress of feeling like I have to eat everyone's stuff which is silly. I hate hurting people's feelings but the back and forth of what's the right thing to do stresses me out. I do have a woman with the charity who will say “why aren't you eating the bread?” and my neighbor loves to healthy-food-shame me by saying things like “you're not getting a salad or something healthy are you?” When I go out at night I'm more likely to drink to physically get through it and that adds up fast calorie-wise. I can't tell my parents If I tell my folks I'm not eating something because of my diabetes it's kind of shaming them because they're diabetic too.

@FushiaKat That's very exciting you're meeting a friend from your game, you'll have to let us know how it goes! I went to Costco this morning and meant to grab cherries and didn't, I'm kicking myself now!

@AmbersWay Oh no I hope you clear up when the hamster leaves, feel better!

Hi team! Have a Salsa (Cook-off) planning meeting tonight for the charity, our Salsa Cookoff is about a month away so I'm on early tonight. I put it in Teresa's response but things are going well with my roommate, he was saying we're better than ever now which was sweet. I had the one practitioner (best friend of the owner) call to see if he was staying as she's looking for a place to live again and it was nice to say we're doing great. Gave my nephew a ride, got my glasses fixed at Costco and shopped, and had my x-ray earlier so I'm wiped out and hurting but hangin in there. Have a great night and Wednesday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,213 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ....You have a new member joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @Karlo7428 :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    WHAT PART OF BEING HEALTHY IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU AND HOW CAN YOU MAKE IT EASIER ON YOURSELF?

Lol. Being healthy is the challenge itself. Think about it. I know I need to eat properly but I try and take short cuts when I can. Some might be thinking but Darren you only eat meat. How can you take shortcuts? Well..... remember my pickle dip addiction? That's not meat.

Another is I know I need to move consistently with an elevated heart rate. Then I realized I watched a marathon of Law and Order Criminal Intent, day after day after day.

Then there's sleep. Huh.....I don't statistically get enough of that.
  • TeresaW2024
    Options

@txcritter69 I hope Diesel will adjust quickly. It will go better for you both! Please change your mind about crate training. Dogs not only need it, but they actually love it. We started Maggie in a crate when she first came home. We have a crate in our bedroom and in the living room. The crate is her haven where she feels safe. There isn't a day when she doesn’t put herself in her crate and growl for us to close the door. If the door is open, she is on “guard duty,” and once we close the door, she will lay down and take a nap. Also, the vet surgeon was very happy that she already loves her crate because after the surgery, she will be in it a lot. It’s not punishment. :)

@micaroo4 You nailed the question! I’m learning that it really isn’t about us having our “diet plan” but a plan to conquer our brain. How we talk to ourselves and think about our bodies makes a huge difference in if we will ever have success. Get healthy and the weight loss will follow. Love having your wisdom in this group! :)

@lislisa123 Eating right is hard! The first step for you is to try to stop feeling like you are missing out on junk food but to tell yourself that junk food isn’t part of your healthy lifestyle and that you deserve to be healthy. Every time you make the right choice for health, give yourself a huge high-five and be proud. And when you slip up, don’t beat yourself up. That kind of talk never helps us! Just move on and try to do better next time. As far as only eating processed foods, you can slowly change that by watching YouTube videos or reading recipes for simple home-cooked meals. My mom was a terrible cook, and I had to teach myself. You can, too! :)

@FushiaKat Uggh my yard would be a dessert if it relied on me to do it. :D Summer is the worst! I hope you have a great lunch with your friend. My sister brought home a huge bag of cherries and I had forgot how good they are! <3

@AmbersWay Ohh no that is sad that you are allergic to the hamster! :(

@Katmary71 Good, your roommate is acting like he should! Maybe he just needs someone like you to teach him how to treat people and be responsible for himself. :) I know your pain is such a huge part of your life, and have always admired you so much for your perseverance not letting it rule your life. Ugh, I feel you about not wanting to hurt people’s feelings over food. You need to tell people that you are on a health journey and eating foods that hurt your body isn’t part of your plan. But I get it! Having my sister here is hard because she drinks and eats when she is stressed, and I so often go along with her because I know it’s her outlet and how she will open up and talk about her issues. I know that I could be a long stronger if she wasn’t here. Us Slims need a deserted island to run away, too. :)

@19shmoo69 Move away from the pickle dip! :D

Good morning! Well, Maggie does not have a luxating patella. It’s a torn CCL (ACL in humans). The vet surgeon was very nice and informative. Hopefully, the kneecap won’t need anything, but he won’t know until he gets in there. She is having the surgery tomorrow and will come home the same day if all goes well. She will have a cone for two weeks. Ugh!!!! And it’s a strict 12 weeks to heal. The vet also called her a little too chubby and that she needs to drop about 3 to 4 pounds. She weighs 20.4 right now. So no more cheese and limit the treats. We will be don't he same diet! :D Today, I need to take Maggie to the vet for a dental check and then go to the church to meet the pastor. We are interviewing two people for the cleaning job and hopefully will get done so I don’t have to think about it.

Question:

WHAT PART OF BEING HEALTHY IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU, AND HOW CAN YOU MAKE IT EASIER ON YOURSELF?

It’s my own mind, and allowing outside influences is the hardest part of becoming healthy. Being in the Diligent Mind Self-Care group is showing me how much negative talk I do to myself every single day. Also, my perfectionism is a big issue. Not that I’m perfect. Just the opposite. It’s me starting out all gun-ho, and then because I can’t do it all, I end up not doing anything or always chasing the next big thing. I’m really trying to stop that behavior. Then there are my sister, church potlucks, and other outside forces that are hard to deal with. But I can deal with it and I’m NEVER giving up, so that is my big win that I really do believe is one of the biggest keys to success.

• trooworld
    Options
    @bark2j5 Congrats on the loss!

@txcritter69 Good idea to stay inside. I'm glad you are getting updates from the trainer, I was hoping you would. I'm sorry Diesel is having a hard time. I hate crating my pups but I do it so they won't get into fights + when we were just locking them in the hall, Violet started eating the walls so that wasn't good either. Keep us updated on Diesel, please!

@AmbersWay I hope you feel better today.

@Katmary71 It was! lol That's a good idea to marinate the chicken in it. It's the American Library Association (ALA) conference. It should be fun but it sucks I don't get a real weekend! That's good that things are better with the roommate. Hugs.

@Karlo7428 Welcome to the team! :D

WHAT PART OF BEING HEALTHY IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR YOU AND HOW CAN YOU MAKE IT EASIER ON YOURSELF? It's really hard to pick one thing. For me, it's all a challenge. My husband is a challenge as he brings things into the house that I shouldn't have and when he cooks (we share the cooking), he doesn't measure the oils and doesn't follow the recipes. This makes it hard to track. I am a challenge to myself: I go to the cafe at work or vending machines BUT this has been much better lately (I set a rule to only go once a week), I have a pretty sedentary job, then have a long commute and come home and just sit. This is getting better, I've been walking on the weekends. I had trouble with water intake but that has gotten a lot better since I got a smart water bottle. How can I make it easier on myself? I have been making tweaks to things, so I am in a better place now.

Hi all. I woke up today to ants in the kitchen, so I spent a good amount of time cleaning that up. Every year, we get ants about this time of year. We have a method to get rid of them involving borax, sugar, and water. It works very well. We put it on cotton balls and they take the poison back to their nest and die there. I had a pretty good day yesterday, I ate on plan and tracked everything. I had good water intake. I've been doing a snack I really like: 2 pieces of Wasa crackers, 2 laughing cows, and 4 slices of turkey breast deli meat. I received a call from the surgeon's assistant because I had called the insurance company and they told me the surgeon hadn't submitted my paperwork yet. When the assistant called, she said that they don't submit it until they have a surgery date because they don't want the authorization to expire. She said July and August are all booked up but to message them in 2 weeks. So, maybe that means I could have surgery in September or by the end of the year? I'm excited and nervous.

No Zero Days: Tracked, drank 117 oz water.

This discussion has been closed.