Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Yes! Thank you, it was wonderful! I'm glad you are finding something that is working for you. At first, I thought you said you were picking up the new pew....I thought, that must be heavy lol. It does sound like you have a busy day ahead of you! Good job resisting eating more than usual! You got this!

@Veta2018 It can be hard to not get stuck in negative thoughts but it's worth the effort not to. I bet Taste of Chicago was fun! Yeah it was nice trying different restaurants.

@txcritter69 I've heard to focus on protein first and then water second. I'm sure it will be hard to get it all in at first. I hope your face is better today.

@DrewsAnna Have fun with your new "toy"! :)

@Katmary71 Yes! I did have fun, thanks. Yeah I just decided to log 1200 cals and call it a day lol. Are you feeling any better today? That's too bad about the roommate, he sounds off.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am impressed you were able to read all those! Aww, welcome to this crazy world, little Brayden Lynn!

Hi all. I had fun at the Taste of Little Italy last night. I didn't eat too much as you had to walk to each restaurant and get a very small portion of food at each restaurant. It was a good way to try different places though. We didn't go to each restaurant as I got tired and was getting full. We found some new places to try. I think the favorite place for both of us was this Argentinean restaurant that had grilled flank steak with chimichurri sauce. We will definitely go back to that place. I am tired today even though I went to bed on time.

No Zero Days: Tracked, didn't snack outside of what I planned.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey folks,

@DrewsAnna Yeah on the 5th wheel, we have a pull behind and love taking it out camping. Taking it out camping with just the minimum of things proves to me that I can live that way at home.

@FushiaKat Great job on the loss, staying busy helps with not snacking.

@Katmary71 I am sorry for the problems you are have with this roommate of yours. It might just be best that you tell him to move out. Or as I would do just pack his stuff and put it outside the front door. Change the locks and tell him "It's been real, It's been fun, But it hasn't been real fun."

@vegan4lyfe2012 🎊Congratulations🎊 on that sweet lil' princess.

@TeresaW2024 I am in the process of doing a chemotherapy cream treatment to my face for precancerous cells. Sounds as though your day is a busy one. WTG on staying on track yesterday. I have been learning to do the same.

@trooworld The Taste of Little Italy sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we had a place like that around here.

Well yesterday morning was the last day of the cream for me. I could not put another treatment on my face. It is so raw and swollen, I look like I have a 2nd degree burn on my face. After talking with my dermatologist he agreed with stopping the cream and now it is the healing process.
    We went to the trainers house this morning and have set up a pick up time for Monday. Yes, I am going to miss the little 💩. I am spending all the time I can over the next couple of days with him. I just hope that there is a possibility that he will be able to get along and play with other dogs.

Have a great day.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - 25 or more years ago, my mother had to put that cream on her face to remove precancerous lesions and sun damage. It was brutal back then, and apparently nothing has changed. Horrible. It seems like they should have a better treatment by now. It does the job, but at the expense of the patients comfort and general well-being. It was a major blow to her self esteem, and she hid away from people until she healed.
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-IN UPDATES
    Please Weigh-In Now
    : @littlebabekitty @Ayathetyga @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi @DrewsAnna
    Reminder to Weigh-In Tomorrow: @askewcr

• Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 No worries about replying to it all, congratulations on Little Lady Brayden Lynn she's beautiful!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! I'm trying I served him papers last night but my lawyer neighbor let me know they wouldn't hold up in court so may do new ones in a couple days. You have one busy afternoon planned! Great job not having to make up for yesterday for a change that's awesome!

@trooworld The tasting sounds so fun, I hope you two are able to go back to the Argentinean restaurant soon. I have an Instant Pot chimchurri chicken that I love.

@txcritter69 Haha I like the parting line, sadly that's not legal. I rent from my parents so I'm trying to do things correctly so it goes away versus having someone drag him out of the house but he's not making it easy. Wow I hope your face recovers fast that sounds terrible.

Hey gang, gave the roommate 3-day papers last night. A practitioner was at work all day so I came home to rest and keep an eye on the house. I won't be around much the next two days and am hurting a lot so the rest is needed too. Have a great night and awesome Thursday tomorrow!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh In Wednesday
    PW 164
    CW 163.3

Hi everyone,
    We got our 5th wheel home. It won't fit into it's parking spot, so it's parking spot is going to in half the front yard. It's big and we have named her "beast", because at first look every calls her a beast. So, we're sticking with it.

They left it a total mess. When we sold ours, I cleaned it up for the new owners. So, I was taken a back by the mess that was left in it.

They also didn't tell us that once it's unplugged the batteries only last maybe an hour. There also a number of other things wrong, so I'm feeling taken a back by the lack of honesty from these people. Oh well, we'll get these things taken care of.

On the bright side, I've been getting a lot of steps walking to and from the trailer & house. I haven't been eating all that good though. Things will slow down eventually.

I'll post some pictures soon, we are really excited about going on some new adventures.

I'm really tired, so I'm off! Y'all have a great evening!! 🙂
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WI Monday

Sorry I am late

PW 215.2 I think
    CW 216.2

Not sure why up and not down. I haven’t sat down since I arrived. Anywho, something will give at some point because I am very active and walking hills almost daily. Wohoo!

I’ll be back later to catch up.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That is such a good way to check out new restaurants and get in a lot of steps. I’ve always wanted to go to an Argentinean restaurant, and I saw last week that we now have one. I will have to check it out!

@txcritter69 I hope your face heals perfectly and you won’t have any more issues. I am sure you will miss your baby! :)

@Katmary71 I’m praying that everything goes OK with getting the roommate out of your home. <3

@DrewsAnna It’s a shame that people just can’t be honest. They were probably worried that it wouldn’t sell. I like your attitude that you will just get it the trailer to what it needs to be. I look forward to the pictures and stories of your adventures. :)

@AmbersWay I know it’s so annoying to have the scale go up when you don’t think it should. It could be all the movement has you retaining some water. Just keep doing what you know is right. :)

Good morning! Well, yesterday started well, but then Joe had a dizzy episode right outside Chick-fil-A, and keeping him from fully passing out was very stressful. This nice man held the door for us as I got him to a seat. I was so stressed and hungry that I got a sandwich and fries instead of the salad I had planned to get. I was mad at myself and frustrated that my stress-coping method always seemed to turn to food. Once home, I turned on a podcast and got my head back to where it needed to be. Baby steps, huh? Today, my bestie, who has been out of town for the last few weeks, is coming for coffee. She is so sweet and calm all the time so it will be good to spend time with her. Have a great day!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyyyy!!!!

It's Thursday!!!!

Ice Breaker Question

If you were a potato product what would you be.

I would be chili cheese fries or a loaded baked potato.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @txcritter69 It was a lot of fun. Well, if you ever come to San Diego, be sure to visit Little Italy, it's a treasure! Your poor face, that must hurt. I'm glad you talked to the dermatologist. I really hope that the time at the trainer's helps Diesel. I know what it is like to have a dog that doesn't get along well with other dogs. It can be so stressful. Our last dog was like that. Violet and Daisy are okay with other dogs, luckily.

@Katmary71 It was a lot of fun. Thank you, me too! Can you share a link to the recipe or tell me where I can find it? I'm sorry you are in so much pain, hugs my friend.

@DrewsAnna The "beast" sounds appropriately named! That sucks that the people weren't honest and didn't clean it. How awful. Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW2024 It really was a great time. You will definitely have to check out that restaurant! I'm sorry about the incident at Chick-fil-A, that must have been really stressful and scary. Baby steps indeed. I'm glad you are getting bestie time! Have a great day.

Hi all. We were supposed to have a Skinnytaste recipe called Foil Packet Cheesy Sausage and Peppers last night for dinner with some veggies. It was my husband's night to cook. The frustrating thing about him is that he sometimes will ignore a recipe entirely (despite me already tracking it) and make it up. That is exactly what he did with the foil packets. There was no marinara. There was no cheese. It was just a slightly greasy mess. He didn't make the veggies but made a salad with Caesar dressing. But I didn't say anything because he was home all day and cleaned some of the house for which I was grateful. Today is his birthday and so I am making a dish that is one he likes: Loco Moco. Not the healthiest thing but he likes it. It's a Hawaiian dish involving a ground beef patty, gravy, egg, and white rice. Other than that, I had a migraine in the middle of the night. I think I was grinding my teeth too hard or something because my head feels better since I got up. Oh, and I also got a "smart" water bottle called the Hidrate Spark PRO. It was expensive but I think it will help me drink more water and more accurately track my water. We get a $300 "wellness" reimbursement per year from my company and I'm hoping I can get reimbursed for the cost: https://hidratespark.com/products/hidratespark-pro-21oz-smart-water-bottle

No Zero Days: Tracked, didn't snack.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    Ice Breaker Question: If you were a potato product what would you be?
    I would definitely be a big ole pile of fries smothered in melty cheddar cheese and bacon and topped with green onion and served with ranch dressing. Why? Because I'm really extra lol.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 – How scary that Joe started to pass out. Seems like it was a super busy day. Does that have anything to do with him feeling lightheaded? It’s ok that you stress ate…you did a nice job not overdoing your Tuesday and you got yourself right back on track listening to the podcast. I’d say you managed the stress extremely well. Enjoy your BFF coffee time!
    @trooworld – How compact is the area for the Little Italy event? Like a couple blocks? Just wondering how many restaurants there are…my mind can’t imagine so many restaurants in such close proximity. And that sucks that your husband didn’t actually make the recipe…not only since that’s what your taste buds were expecting, but also because you’d already tracked it. And sad face that there was no cheese LOLs. Vegan cheese isn’t like the real thing (yes, I can remember how real cheese tastes even tho it’s been 12 years), but I still love it! Hope your migraine stays away. Fingers crossed with the water bottle reimbursement. Love your potato extra-ness!
    @txcritter69 – I hope your skin settles down quickly for you.
    @Katmary71 – Need me to fly out to Cali and kick some bad-roommate booty? In all seriousness, I’m sorry you’re dealing with this when all you intended to do was help him out.
    @DrewsAnna – Congrats on the Beast! I can’t even begin to tell you how jealous I am of people that are able to get campers and do the camping thing on a regular basis. I’d have to say that’s the one thing that sucks about me not having a hubby/SO. Living in SW Michigan, going “up north” is something a lot of people do around here and I feel so left out :( Can’t wait to see the photos!
    @AmbersWay – I’ve been out of the loop…where are you vacationing/visiting? Do we get to see any pictures of the hills?
    @19shmoo69 – Little late on my reply, but I don’t have any issues with you putting in your opinion on things. Just cuz you’re a guy doesn’t mean you can’t give us another viewpoint. Besides, you live with females, so you know how we are! And side note – my therapist is male. I definitely don’t have any issue.

Life is exhausting, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I know I’ve been a tremendous help to Hunter. Now if only I could be a tremendous help to my health and stop all the binge eating. I saw an advertisement for Eating Recovery Center, where I could possibly do treatment virtually. If any of you have any familiarity with this center and don’t mind sharing any thoughts, please private message me. They take Blue Cross, so I’m seriously contemplating it.

Sorry about not being in the green the past few weeks. I start off the morning so nicely…make it through lunch just fine. Then it all goes to heck by dinnertime and then it’s a poop show all evening long. I had a good session with my therapist on Monday and he’s helping me with being able to say “that’s a hard NO” to people so that I can recharge instead of always feeling drained by everyone around me. My personality is the type that doesn’t want to disappoint anyone, and it’s always to my detriment.

So onto a recipe request – what is your favorite way to use frozen soup veggies? We have several bags, but I don’t want to make them all into soup. The contents are: carrots, potatoes, corn, green beans, lima beans, okra, peas, celery and onions.

Ice Breaker Question – If you were a potato product, what would you be?
    Potato sticks – fun and nice when I want to be, but solid enough to stab a gum if needed. (This answer has been provided by Hunter LOLs)
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 269
    CW: 270
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Ice Breaker Question – If you were a potato product, what would you be?
    Pierogies
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @AyaTheTyga @Jactop @reshii_devi @askewcr
    Reminder to weigh in tomorrow: @Cornanda @sunflowerhippi @lisalisa123 @maryirisfroehlich
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    7ovyr61yka1m.jpeg

Wanted to cook but to hot to turn oven on so have an Athenian pizza coming.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Oh no I'm sorry to hear of the mess and dishonesty of the 5th wheel owners.

@AmbersWay Sounds like you're getting great exercise, I'm sure that number will go down soon!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you. Oh my goodness poor Joe, I'm glad you had someone helping out too. Sounds like a perfect time to spend the day with your sweet bestie!

@19shmoo69 You're making me hungry! I'd be gnocchi (no clue why I just want to be)

@trooworld You win for best potato answer I love it! Here's the Instant pot Chicken Chimchurri recipe:https://pressureluckcooking.com/instant-pot-chimichurri-chicken/ Happy birthday to the hubby!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'll let you know on flying out! Right now we're trying to work through it and have had a few good talks, he's helping with some yard work right now which I really appreciate so we may get through this. I haven't heard of this center, I hope the therapist is helping you and am glad you're working on not wearing yourself out. Tough situation I hope you find the right balance.

Hey gang! Roommate and I talked and are trying to work through it, he jumped in and helped with some yard work and we're on the right track so far we just needed to put our egos aside and make up. I have a team building event to go to tonight with the charity. Things at work are sad, the owner's depressed about losing the business and we're trying to decide how to pack everything up. She did give me the Russian Healing blanket which helps with over-stimulation (my middle name with CRPS) so I'm excited to start sleeping with it plus I met with her today for CRPS treatment tips. I'm trying to find non-money ways for my payments as some of the practitioners haven't been paid in a couple months and it's what I agreed to originally and seems easier though I haven't been seeing any practitioners as I want them paid for their time if that makes sense. Have a great Thursday my friends and let's make Friday awesome.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

@trooworld It's too bad your husband won’t always stick to the dinner plan. But hey, at least he cooks! I have to plan and make every meal, which is why we eat a whole lot of sandwiches. :D Happy birthday to your man! I think that water bottle is cool, and whatever gets you to drink more water is worth the cost. Hopefully, you will get reimbursed so you can buy more cool things. :) I love your answer to the potato question!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Joe’s dizziness could have been because of what he helped me do at the church. It was way more physical than he normally does. I need to be much more careful with him and myself going forward. I know you are under a lot of stress, and it is hard to stay on track with your self-care, which is why I joined the Diligent Mind Self-Care program. Hopefully, the cost will be worth it for me! I don’t know anything about the Eating Recovery Center, but you should research it and talk to them if you think it will help. We must learn that it's not just weight loss we are seeking. But the need to be healthy. Once we chase health the weight loss will follow. <3

@micarro4 Yum, I love a good fried pierogie! :)

@Katmary71 OK, I’m glad you are working it out with your roommate. You have a huge heart when it comes to people. Just be careful that you aren’t taken advantage of. I’m glad you will have that healing blanket, and I hope it gives you the relief you need. :)

@laurelfit57 Ohhh, how sweet it is that Ty and Vannie can cuddle and be best buddies. Here is to hoping it lasts! :)

Good morning! Last evening, we were scared by Maggie. She went to run out into the backyard and immediately did something to her left leg. She collapsed and couldn’t stand and was flopping around, looking terrified. I was terrified! I carried her into the house and gave her a pain pill that we had from her dental surgery. She rested, and about an hour later, she was better and could bear weight on the leg. So maybe she hurt her foot or pulled a muscle? Anyway, no more free run of the yard until we fix that left leg! I’m hoping they will schedule surgery soon after we meet them next Tuesday for our consultation. Not much else going on today. I will do a leg workout and make curry chicken salad for dinner. Have a great day!

Ice Breaker Question
    If you were a potato product, what would you be?

Oh, the potato product question! I’ve been waiting for this one! :D For me, the answer is clear. I'd be a Chick-fil-A waffle fry. I mean, who wouldn’t want to spend their day with the Lord’s chicken, right?
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

@micaroo4 It is not fun in any way, and I am pretty much staying home and hiding as well.

@Katmary71 I am glad you are getting somewhere with your roommate.

@DrewsAnna I am sorry for the way the owners left a mess in your 5th wheel. It is sad how some people just have no respect.

@AmbersWay All is good and you are right it will all work out in the end.

@TeresaW2024 I am counting down the day until Diesel leaves for 3 wks. While he is gone I have to figure out what kind of create to buy and where to put it that is out of the living room. Also where to put his raised bed for his place that will be in the living room.
    Sorry about Joe and glad that there was someone to help out. We all slip but you got back up and back on track. I hope spending time with your bestie turned your day around.

@trooworld Diesel has the potential to be a real good dog. A lot of what has become a behavior problem is my fault. I really hope the trainer is able to reprogram his mind and fix his insecurities. I am sorry that your hubby did not stay on course with dinner.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Life will always get in the way along this journey. Just keep moving forward

@laurelfit57 It looks like the time way did the trick with the two of them.

If you were a potato product, what would you be?
    I would be a baked sweet potato with butter, brown sugar and marshmallow topping just slightly browned. I love a good baked sweet potato.

Well yesterday I laid around quite a bit. My face was just burning and stinging. I could not find any comfort. I did manage to cook dinner and get the furniture in my living room moved to my daughters house.
    This morning I woke up with 90% of the burning and stinging gone. Now it feels like the whole top layer of my skin is burnt to a crisp and now the itching and peeling process begins. Lots of moisturizer over the next few weeks. My new furniture is arriving today. So I am going to jump off here and get some cleaning done before it get here.
This discussion has been closed.