Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Just a little update: I walked by myself today listening to my jams which helps me tune out the world around me and helps me walk faster. My quickest speed used to be 23 mph on map my walk app but today I surprised myself and actually got down to 21mph. I had a lady stop me at the park and tell me I was walking fast. Lol. Which was nice to hear since I'm usually a slower walker.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PEOPLE WHO NEED TO WEIGH IN NOW:
    @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @AyaTheTyga @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi
    Reminder for Tomorrow's weigh-in: @TeresaW2024 @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    Options
    TUESDAY QUESTION: WHAT IS DIFFERENT TODAY THAN A YEAR AGO THAT YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I ended up going to the ER last night, on steroids and will hopefully be feeling better sooner than later. My answer to the question is a result of my back fusion/fusion revision surgery that my upper body isn't as bad as the rest of my body and arms improved and my BP isn't as high as it used to get when I was bad enough to go for help which means I don't have to stick around after I get a Torrodol shot for my blood pressure to not be an emergency too and it was still working when I went to bed. I don't need my walker as much either thank goodness.

My brother fixed my driver's window, the motor had died and I couldn't roll it down, that's such a relief to have done now. I went to work for an hour then came home and got in bed until I went to Steve's and stuck around for dinner as well. I owe them all Blizzards for the free work and car wash so that's tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

Just popping in real quick to say I'm still here. I'm really terrible about checking in. I'm gonna try to do better.

Today, I finally ate some veggies. I went shopping on Saturday and bought a whole bunch of veggies, so I wouldn't have any excuses. I made a salad to go with with my homemade enchiladas and it really tasted good. I'm proud that I ate my veggies 🥬🥒🍅
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 246.7
    CW: 244.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 I'm so sorry you are struggling with depression right now. I hope it passes soon. HUGS.

@TeresaW2024 You should! It was so fun. Wow, those are some good things to do but definitely hard! The meditation...it is hard to do but remember you won't achieve perfection, everyone's mind wonders, just practice practicing! I would have a hard time with the boredom one. I'm glad you didn't die from no makeup lol. Ooh I couldn't do that cold one lol. Congrats on the loss!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad you had fun.

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss! Even with a super busy week, you lost! Way to go.

@lislisa123 Wow, what a great NSV! Congrats!

@Katmary71 You must have felt absolutely miserable to go to the ER. I'm so sorry! I hope the steroids do their job and you are feeling better soon.

@DrewsAnna Good job with the veggies! You should be proud.

TUESDAY QUESTION: WHAT IS DIFFERENT TODAY THAN A YEAR AGO THAT YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR? Honestly, not too much is different (unfortunately). I guess that I track more regularly and that I am drinking more water. Oh, and that I am in the process of qualifying for bariatric surgery.

Hi all. I attended a Zoom support group for bariatric patients through my doctor's office. There were only 4 people including the therapist holding the session and me. But I got some good tips and it was worth going to. The biggest tip I got was also the simplest: follow your doctor's directions to the T. I plan on doing that for sure. Tonight, my SIL got us tickets to Taste of Little Italy. It's unfortunate that it is on a weeknight but it is what it is. I am getting off work early to go to it. I tracked 1,200 calories as I have no idea how else to track it as the event is just a bunch of restaurants giving out small plates/bites of food.

No Zero Days: Tracked, didn't snack outside of what I planned.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    TUESDAY QUESTION: WHAT IS DIFFERENT TODAY THAN A YEAR AGO THAT YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR?

The big thing is I am 99% carnivore. Last year I was "trying to eat right".
  • TeresaW2024
    Options
    @micarro4, The cold shower isn’t fun but could be much worse. The water in the summertime here in Georgia isn’t freezing. After a hard workout, it actually feels kind of good. Some people take ice baths. I say NO way!! :D

@lislisa123 That is great that you got your walking speed to 21mph. Keep it up! :)

@Katmary71 I'm so sorry to hear about your ER visit, but I'm glad you didn’t have to stay. I'm praying you feel better today. Blizzards are my idea of a good payment! :)

@DrewsAnna Good job on eating more veggies! That is something I need to work on, too. It’s so easy when it’s hot to make a quick sandwich with some chips. I love enchiladas!! :)

@trooworld I’m glad the Zoom meeting went well. I think many people probably go into such a big decision as bariatric surgery and think they can do some things their way as if the tried, and true knowledge of the doctor isn’t one of the most important things to do for getting the results you want. Enjoy your Taste of Little Italy! I would love that! :)

@19shmoo69 I’ve looked into the carnivore way of eating, and I think if I was on my own, I would probably give it a try. I could eggs and bacon every day of my life! :)

Good morning! I’m very happy with the weight loss I had this week! I made a rule for myself that I wasn’t going to step on my scale until Tuesday morning, so I had no idea if I was doing well or not. I think the one thing that is helping the most is not snacking between lunch and dinner and definitely not after dinner. Also, getting back to lifting weights is helping. Now, I want to see what I can do this week! :) I’m home all day and have some laundry, my weakless challenge stuff, read my book, and work on this very hard puzzle I’m doing. Have a great day! :)

My very first thought was that my niece and her kids aren’t living in my house, which was happening a year ago. That was a very hard time for us all. I hated giving up my exercise room, and I’m so thankful to have it back. Ohhh and that I got my puzzle area back! :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Rich did a DNA test and discovered quite a number of half siblings, first cousins, an aunt, and an uncle. Getting to know the ones that are willing to meet up and talk on the phone has enriched both our lives. Learning some of the history of the family that gave Rich up for adoption has been a lesson in history about Maine in the 1950s.
    -Mica
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 - Thank you for the advice. Wow, those are some tough challenge goals. I think I might complain a lot and don't always notice that I'm doing it. So that would be the difficult one for me. I like to turn the hot water down the last few minutes before I get out of the shower. (Not cold but cooler) Cooler water is good for the hair and skin. It closes your pores. I think I could do that one though. Glad you got your exercise room and puzzle area back. It's tough not having the space. My living room is also my office and exercise room...lol. Congratulations on your loss this week.
    @lislisa123 - That's great your walking speed is improving. I listen to music while I walk too. I like to walk to the beat and just tune out the world.
    TUESDAY QUESTION:
    WHAT IS DIFFERENT TODAY THAN A YEAR AGO THAT YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR?

Wow...So much has changed since last year. I am grateful I decided to change my lifestyle by eating nutritious foods. Last year, on an average day, I would not eat all day and then eat an oversized dinner and munch on junk food till bed. Today, I eat a few small portioned nutritious meals throughout the day with an occasional after dinner snack. I guess, I grew up thinking you're supposed to eat dessert after dinner. You know...a three course meal.(salad, entree, dessert) Now, I actually think about food differently. The last time that I ate a few Pringles, I didn't even eat the whole serving. They just weren't as tasty as I remembered. It's not like that with everything. I'm still a sucker for chocolate. I portion it out and get out of the kitchen. Although those nuts can be tricky. I had to reduce my portions size in half because I have a bad habit of sneaking back into the kitchen and grabbing a few more. Now, if I decide I want more, I'm just grabbing the other half.

@Katmary71 - That has to be difficult, sounds like you deal with more painful days that good ones and you don't let it stop you. Your strong and always stay busy. I hope you get some relief soon.
    @DrewsAnna - Great accomplishment. V is for veggies and there really good for you.
    @trooworld - Thank you, I'm tying to not get stuck in my negative thoughts. I've been to the Taste of Chicago. I'd rather eat a bite of a lot of different foods, more than a lot of one food.

I'm almost halfway through my Ab's challenge(Day 14). The sit-ups are the most difficult. I do them in sets. Today, I did 3 sets of 20 and then the final 5 sit-ups, 85 crunches...phew, 42 single leg raises, 42 double leg raise...ouch, and a 55 sec. plank. Last year, I did a 1 min. plank challenge for 30 days, but I still watch every second click by so very slowly...lol. I feel like my stomach is less flabby. I took a picture when I started the challenge. It will be interesting to see the changes when I'm done.
    💪Mission Slimpossibles - June Strong!💪

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

@Veta2018 I am sorry you are in a battle with depression right now. Take a deep breath, stop and smell the roses. I slip in and out of it. This yr. My goal has been to Wake up every morning and tell myself that I am happy with what I have. "Today I Choose To Be Happy!" I have been letting go of the grief and/or any demons that try to change the outcome of my day. The Ab's challenge sound like it is going great. I had to put in off until I finish this chemo cream treatment.

@TeresaW2024 Great loss! I like your mind self-care program. It does sound challenging.

@laurelfit57 I am glad to see you had a great time camping.

@AustinRuadhain Great job on the loss.

@lislisa123 Congrats on the speed increase during your walk! WTG!

@Katmary71 I am sorry you had to end up in the ER. I hope you were able to find some relief.

@DrewsAnna Great job on getting those veggies in.

@troowold One thing I have noticed with my DIL is her portion sizes of food. The fact that she really focuses on protein first.

I woke up this morning and my face is swollen, it feels awful. The countdown is on to the end of his week. I have an appt with the dog trainer tomorrow at 10 to see where Diesel will be spending the next 3 weeks. I am going to keep this short. I have to get something done around the house today.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT TODAY THAN A YEAR AGO THAT YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR?
    That I am seeing the better of things in my life and learning to not focus on the bad. I have been truly learning to enjoy even the smallest of things in a day that brings a smile to my face.

Have a blessed day
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Today, our "new to us" 5th wheel toy hauler is coming. We are nervous because we only have a tiny little space to park it in and we won't be able to open the slide outs. It will finally be be home. I'll be able to get things into it that I packed up a month ago. Lol... it's like I have 2 homes in my house.

Y'all have a good day 😊
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Veta2018 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't posted.

Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday June 9
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 128 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 123 lbs.
    Maintenance Goal 123-127 lbs.

Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday June 16
    SW (Starting weight): 180 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 123 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 125 lbs.
    Maintenance Goal 123-127 lbs.

I've been feeling depressed and the tears flow too easily. If I reflect on my thoughts, it keeps bringing me back to my past. I can't change the past, I can only change the future, and I haven't determined how to do that yet. I've made the changes with my health which kept me content for awhile but now I'm searching for something new. I just want to run and run. Run away from these emotions. I ran so hard that my calves are now very sore and tight and took me out of my daily exercise routines for a few days while they heal. Now I've been consuming my time with my garden.

💪Mission Slimpossibles - June Strong!💪

Sending hugs feeling the same this week.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @Ayathetyga @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi
    Tomorrow weigh-in reminder: @DrewsAnna
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Hi there happy to see you! Great job on the veggies! I hope all goes well with the 5th wheel.

@trooworld Thank you I was pretty miserable! That support group sounds awesome I'm glad it was so helpful. Guess that's a case where people have learned the hard way and you can learn from them when they offer tips. How fun hope you have a blast at Taste of Little Italy even though it's during the week. That WOULD be real hard to log,

@19shmoo69 Is carnivore still going good for you?

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Congrats on the weight loss! Not snacking is tough I'm glad you're doing so well. Let's make this week awesome! It must be so nice having all your space back.

@micaroo4 I bet it's been fascinating having all these new family members.

@Veta2018 Your eating sounds so much more healthier now, it's a wake-up call to learn how unhealthy one was actually eating. Thank you. The amount of stuff with the ab challenge is tough now isn't it! I think my highest today was 110 crunches, ugh! My abs are sore but it's not like nerve pain so I'll be ok. Hugs on the depression, thinking of you of hoping the garden brings you peace.

@txcritter69 I hope your face is feeling better when you read this, ouch. That will be hard to have Diesel gone for so long, I hope this trainer is able to help.

@FushiaKat Thank you Kat! Something tells me you burned more than 6 extra calories what the heck?!

Hi gang! Not much new, had a decent work day. My roommate texted me accusing me of following him this morning, I don't know if I drove by him on the way to the store but that's pretty odd. I've been working on “pay rent in 3 days or you'll be served eviction papers” to serve him today. He came to the clinic and grabbed a desk in the room I was in and went in a different room with it and closed the door so he's not striking me as being very stable. Not much else going on, I'm making skinnytaste's sweet potato black bean bowls for dinner and still waiting to hear from my brother. Have a great night and wonderful Wednesday!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 197.0
    CW: 200.0

Super sucks, but life is pretty hectic right now.
  • TeresaW2024
    Options
    @micaroo4 How awesome that Rich has so many new family members to get to know. And how blessed he has to have you to share learning about his history with. :)

@Veta2018 Just give the cold shower a try since you already kind of do it. It’s very good for the lymphatic system, too! I loved reading about what is different today than a year ago. You have the mindset that I am trying to get for myself. I like a little something after dinner, too, and keep Lily’s sugar-free dark chocolate chips that I will sometimes have a small amount of, or I pop two or three Icebreaker wintergreen mints, and the sweet and minty taste really cuts that immediate need for a dessert. Good job on the Ab’s Challenge! Abs are the hardest thing for me to work. I really need to get better at doing something. :)

@txcritter69 What happened to your face? I hope you will like where Diesel will be spending his next three weeks. I couldn’t imagine sending my Maggie off for three weeks, so I know you will miss Diesel so much. Will you be able to visit him, or is it going to be best for you to stay away? :/

@Katmary71 Girl, you must get rid of this roommate and protect yourself! You never know about people. I admire that you cook for yourself. I sometimes think when I lose Joe, I will drink protein shakes and eat toast at every meal. :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yayyy Brayden is here! She is beautiful, and look at your happy face! <3

Good morning! I have a busy day today. First, I need to run to the UPS store to pick up the new pew Welcome cards I created, take Joe to his Dr. appointment, go to the church to do my work and put Joe to work putting new cards in the pews, go to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, CVS for prescriptions, Aldi for some needed items, and then to the bank with the church deposit. I am skipping my workout this morning and might do some jumping this afternoon if I have any energy. I did have a success yesterday that I wanted to share. On Tuesday, I often eat more than usual because it’s right after I’ve weighed in, and I have the whole week to get back on track. Well, NOT yesterday! I thought about having snacks and ice cream last night; both times, I caught those thoughts and told myself NO. A Tuesday is no longer going to be an excuse. I got this!! B)
This discussion has been closed.