Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I started this a few days ago but got so busy on trip that I could not finish. I am going to post and finish catching up later as I have to get my work out in and get ready to go furniture shopping, I will explain that later as well.

@laurelfit57 That is so great that you have a little helper with gardening. Ty is too cute. We grandmas will always be cool. Your day yesterday is making me tired today. LOL

@AustinRuadhain the first tomato plant I had was in a pot. when, the weather got too hot I brought it into my game room and put it in front of a window and continued to get tomatoes. Put it back out after the heat broke and kept it out until winter started setting in, put it back in front of that window and it still produced all winter long. When spring hit I put it back out and had tomatoes from it doing the same thing for that yr. That planted made it through 2 seasons before dying off.

@DrewsAnna I am not crazy about the new generation of walk leaders. I like her motivation. That is great on the loss. I will be a week behind once I get home and start the challenge.

@TeresaW2024 I had 3 closets full of clothes that someday I will fit in again. 2 yrs ago I heard a YouTuber say that hanging on to those clothes is nothing but a stressor. I did go through all of them and picked out a few favorite items that I wanted to keep and donated the rest to an organization that helped the less fortunate. Now I have a closet to hang all the door wreaths I make. LOL The rest is in the back of a closet waiting for me. I hope you have a wonderful day with your niece and the kids.

@trooworld I am sure your hubby means well. It is a big change having that surgery as you know. You will do fine.

@Veta2018 The Grand Canyon is awesome. WE renewed our wedding vows on our 10th anniversary. My FIL did the ceremony. We also went back on our 22nd anniversary.

More later
    Have a great day.

Weigh In Sunday: June 9
    SW 175
    PW 168.8
    CW 168.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 I think so! LOL That's a good length of time. I'm so glad to hear about your wrist. You should make an appt! I love feeling sore from lifting weights. Good job! That's funny about the 4 yr old. I'm glad you had fun with the kids. I hope you get something out of the workshop (and share a bit about what you get out of it!).

@Katmary71 It is really good. Yeah what I do at the cafe is a compromise. It works! Mammogram went well, thanks. I did know that it was Prince's birthday! The estate had a party at Paisley Park. If I didn't dislike what the estate was doing, I would love to go lol (I dislike that they are really selling him out after his death...he would hate everything they are doing). That's funny (but would be embarrassing!) about your pants. The donation went fine, I was really worried about it but they did single platelets vs double or triple (triple takes 2 hours! The single only took 35 mins). I felt okay enough to walk around the mall afterward. I was pretty tired though. Cherry Festival...that sounds fun!

@AustinRuadhain It did go bearably...that's a good way to put it. I am also looking forward to switching up clothes! 5 mins, wow, that's really low. I'm glad your blood panels are normal. Sounds like everything went ok, good. Good job with the exercise! Get that bling! OH that lady is amazing, I follow her on Instagram, she is something else!

@laurelfit57 Social situations are so hard. I hope the agility match goes well.

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss!

@txcritter69 Thank you!

Hi all. I'm doing really well. The zoo was nice, although we only stayed an hour (it was getting busy). We went for breakfast/coffee afterward and I got salad with my breakfast panini so I count that as a win. We went to two malls and walked around (my husband hates the mall, so I count this as a personal victory lol). I ended up with over 10,000 steps for the day. I was really tired but made dinner anyway: salmon with salad and roasted sweet potatoes. This morning, In my bariatric group, I committed to 15 mins of intentional movement 3 times a week for a "Spring Into Summer" challenge (it actually started in May, so I'm really late to the challenge but I figure I can go at my own pace even after it ends). I scheduled to go walk at the lake this morning with my dog. I want to go before the sun comes out so my dog doesn't overheat.

No Zero Days: Tracked, walked over 10,000 steps, made a healthy dinner even though I was tired.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

rdaqdwi84yin.png
  • annachangesagain
    annachangesagain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

Hey Katemary I already posted my weigh in yesterday morning. Should I write it again?
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW:223.4
    CW: 227

😞. There were some poor salty choices made over the last few days. Let’s hope it’s gone by next week.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,593 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    @trooworld - I like your movement challenge!

@sleepygirl79 - Yep -- back to work! You got this!

@txcritter69 - You sound like a tomato whisperer! Or maybe it was the inside time. My tomato plants have never made it that long.

@19shmoo69 - Nice loss!

@micaroo4 - Good for you and your outdoor adventure, even if yo did get wet! :-)

@laurelfit57 - I hope your match is going well!

@TeresaW2024 - I finally got started on Bridgerton this season and am now caught up and waiting for the second half of season 3!
  • AyaTheTyga
    AyaTheTyga Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Aya The Tyga
    Weigh in Sunday
    PW 166.0
    CW 164.9

Loss 1.1
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW
    : @megnolia82 @littlebabekitty @vegan4lyfe2012 @rjv230
    Tomorrow Weigh in Reminder: @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi @bark2j5 @AustinRuadhain
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Ouch you must've been hurting bad then getting a “cherry” lecture would be mortifying! I had a neighbor poke me with a broom in the thigh and he was screaming that he'd gotten rid of mine, I had no clue what he was talking about but knew it was bad so I punched him and he fell then ran in the house crying and his twin ran up to hit me and I pushed him in the street and he followed his brother crying inside. Their Mom came out yelling she was walking me home to talk to my mom about beating up the twins and when I said they were telling everyone they popped my cherry she turned around and followed them in the house without saying anything. I think we've swapped these stories before I'm having deja vu! With CRPS being a malfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system learning how to stimulate the vagus nerve has been very helpful. Glad you had fun with the girls!

@laurelfit57 Games are a tough one for food! I'm glad the coaches have been so supportive at the agility match. Hope no scores helps with the stress.

@micaroo4 I hope there's a break in the rain, sounds like you got some good workout time in.

@txcritter69 Did it end up being a good trip? I hope so!

@trooworld True I don't think Prince would be thrilled either with how he stood up to studios and wanted to honor music with how things are going. WOW I didn't know that, I've only done regular donations. You're the Queen of walking today go you! The bariatic group sounds fun is it local or online?

@annachangesagain I got it, it came in after I had posted weigh-in info but when I went back to reply to everything I logged it. Thanks for checking!

@sleepygirl79 Crazy how much salty causes us to retain water, I have to take all my rings off within an hour of eating it or they're stuck on my fingers.

Hi team! I wouldn't exactly call today a cherry festival at the farm we went to but it was fun, there was a bunch of products for sale and I got an apple turnover that was real good and some cherry sangria. I had a teen run in between me and my friend when we were getting in line for doughnuts and she got in my face when I went to go around her. I ended up getting screamed at about being entitled when I just wanted to lean on the wall near my friend as I didn't bring my walker but no one was actually going to listen or cared for the truth so I ignored them (learning I don't need to fight everyone). Got cherries too of course. I need to go get my prescriptions and Walmart order, have a great Sunday!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png
    pnl6i90liowo.png
    qwj03he8vvgr.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    l0ajdeiq45ga.png

By Pounds
    f5rxjjbmw3no.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    l8n8equq0wba.png

By Pounds
    4g8mlbvzbf3e.png

Team Winners
    c5k6ns9q0gba.png

Percentage of Members in the Green!
    swwmeza3x719.png
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, it’s been a long time since my last check in. I’ll enter my weigh in tomorrow morning. This week got away from me.

June is always insane in school. We have 3 weeks of classes left and it sort of feels like skiing downhill on an ever steeper slope. I’m pretty sure I’ll blink and it will be July.

I’m struggling a bit with my eating the past couple weeks. I’m frustrated that I can undo a month’s worth of hard work in just a few days. So, like I’ve done many times before I will commit to getting back on track.

I’ll see you in the morning!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I've been meaning to check in, but I've been so tired. I traded in the ab challenge for a shovel for a couple of days, I'm definitely not used to that kind of work. I was so tired and sore that I was just passing out after I ate some, not so good for me, food. Today, I went for a little hike up to a waterfall with my daughter and a couple of her friends. Their kids and 3 fur babes. I didn't take mine and I'm kind of glad I didn't. It was about a 3-mile walk (hike) round trip. Going up hill was definitely hard for me, but I made it. Afterwards, we went to Dairy Queen. I had chicken strips and a blizzard, I gave my rootbeer and french fries to the kids. Tomorrow our weather is supposed to cool back down to the lower 70's, I'm so thankful for that. I hate the heat.

I got my new watch and I'm loving it. Those who have Garmin watches, my name is either AnnaDrews or DrewsAnna, send me a connection request. I have one.

@AustinRuadhain I traded in the ab challenge for a shovel for a couple days. I'm done putting beauty bark in my gardens so I'm done with that shovel for now. I restart the ab challenge tomorrow. I accepted your connection request, I looked at your newsfeed, girl you exercise a lot. You are definitely doing great.

@TeresaW2024 That was a cute story about your niece feed her baby brother ice cream. It reminded when my two oldest were babes, the oldest alway wanted to help with her baby brother. One morning I woke up to butter and Captain Crunch cereal all over the crib, the wall around the crib, (thank goodness I had floors and not carpet in that bedroom.) She said, "Mom, he was hungry". Lol.... It took forever to clean up that mess.

Y'all have a great rest of your evening, TTYL...

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!
    It's a beautiful day here. It would be a great day to bicycle to work, but I'm just not prepared. I would have too much stuff to haul (lunch, snacks, beverages). I prefer to ride unencumbered. I did my strength training workout this morning, and took an early morning walk for 3 miles. Saw a whole family of baby skunks; I counted at least 5, they were sticking together like glue. Didn't see the mama.
    I've got workmen coming to the house tomorrow to replace windows. Unfortunately, there's a baby bunny who has been hanging out under my shrubbery; he'll be disturbed when they start working, and he'll probably run off and not return.
    -Mica
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Weigh in megnolia82

PW: 208.8
    CW: 210.8

No more pity party. Time to smarten up.

Here’s the stupid thing: I know I’ve eaten terribly the past week or two. And my body is screaming at me! I’ve had headaches, my feet hurt? My bra is too tight. My food makes such a big difference in my daily quality of life. I can’t keep making these poor choices.

Onward and upward, my friends!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place! A special shout-out goes to @txcritter69 @annachangesagain and @laurelfit57 for leading the way! Woot woot!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you!

@AyaTheTyga Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes, me neither. Yeah, I try to do what they need most (besides plasma). Thanks. The bariatric group is online but there are some local members. Cherry sangria sounds good and a turnover, yum! I'm sorry about that confrontation, that's awful, what a little jerk.

@megnolia82 This month is flying by. Would it help you to get back on track to set a small goal each day? Sorry about the gain.

Hi all. I made it to the lake yesterday morning with Violet. We walked around 2 times, which is double what we did the last time. It's a bit stressful to walk with her as she's constantly lunging at people out of fear. I should have distracted her with treats but I didn't. My husband and I went for coffee a bit later in the morning and then to a bookstore later. I dug up our beets we were growing in containers, they sprouted leaves but never grew the actual beets: I think because I overcrowded them. I planted some mini peppers in the box instead. Hopefully they will do better. My lettuce grew really nicely and the tomato plant has tomatoes (although they are still green at this point). Life is good. Today, at work, we have a professional development day where we attend peer-led workshops all day and food is provided. It will be sandwiches and chips. It's a distraction from work. Here's a pic of the lake. There is a walking path around it, both shaded and sunny.

No Zero Days: Tracked, walked at the lake, made a healthy dinner even though I was tired.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

52cp3a8xbob7.png
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    SW: 215.0
    PW: 196.2
    CW: 197.0
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Baby time! Hopefully by midnight tonight!
This discussion has been closed.