Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Thank you! I hope this trainer is the right trainer for precious Diesel. I hope the chemo cream therapy helps. That's good you are getting a jump on it. Good luck with the appt for Diesel!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you lol! Yeah we generally don't have spiders, just once in a while throughout the year but we do get a slew of them in around July and August. lol...I have always hated liver and onions! I bet your arms were screaming when you washed your hair. Your dinner sounds amazing! I'm glad Maggie feels better. What are "Brunt cauliflower oreos"? I get the cauliflower but what's the brunt part?

@Lislisa123 Congrats on the loss! You worked hard and it paid off.

@Maryirisfroehlich @littlebabekitty Congrats on the losses!

@micaroo4 I'm glad the brain bleed has stopped. Sending good thoughts your brother's way, Mica. Thanks for the article. I know a lot of people have trouble in the mornings but I'm actually a morning person. I still got good tips out of that.

@Katmary71 Oh I'm glad to hear you are starting to come out of it. That's really high pain! I've never had Ethiopian cabbage that I know of (although I've had plenty of cabbage at Ethiopian restaurants, so maybe I have!).

@19shmoo69 I hope you enjoyed it.

@tammymccrady6278 Way to go, Tammy! You are so close to goal. You got this!

Have you guys seen the recipe for Cottage Cheese Pizza Bowl? I know that sounds gross but it actually looks really good. I will post a link to the video below. I didn't do too much yesterday, just worked and then picked up groceries from Sam's Club. I made dinner but I didn't like it, it was Moussaka Beef Rice Pilaf. It sounded good but ended up being too tomatoey and needed parmesan cheese added to it.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OleyJWrlNCk
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146
    CW: 145.2

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,222 Member
    Options
    The June Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Jun 16th. Join us for the Summer Wellness Challenge! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10917977/june-week-3-group-challenge-summer-wellness-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Last night I went to a concert with my daughter. The concert was Magdalene Rose, Joseph O'Brien and Seventh Day Slumber. This morning we were awakened by my daughter letting us know something was wrong with my son. Some of you have been praying for him for the past year. It seems he had a grand mal seizure. After talking to the EMS person that may have been what he had last year. This time it may have happened in his sleep. Now we need to push to find him a neurologist. I would prefer a Christian neurologist. Prayers for both please.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Congrats to everyone that has lost weight this week!

@micaroo4 That is great news with your brother. I am really glad to see that the bleed stopped. I had a friend that was in an accident and hit his head on the steering wheel. He did not see a Dr. and 3 days later he died in his sleep from a brain bleed.

@tammymccrady6278 That is really great work. You got this. Don't beat yourself up about the 3yr badge. You are still here trying and that is what counts.

@Katmary71 I am glad to see you are starting to feel better.

Things went great with the trainer yesterday and Diesel will be going to stay with her for 3 weeks June 24th. Not crazy about the cost but I have to do something. He is really needing some behavior management. His possessiveness with me is getting bad. John and I were staying on the driveway and John gave me a kiss and Diesel jumped up on me and pushed me away from him and then he tried to nip and John. I don't know what I will do with myself for 3 weeks without him.
    Today I will be in the kitchen most of the day making German cheesecake and German potato salad for our Father's day BBQ tomorrow.

Have a great day!
  • annachangesagain
    annachangesagain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone

annachangesagain

Weigh in day : saturday
    PW: 164.4 lbs (74.6 kg)
    CW: 163.3 lbs (74.1 kg)

I am glad I saw a change. Yesterday was my birthday and I decided to get a day off and not count calories and I had a big dinner thought I will wake up with no change. But I was really focused the rest of the week .
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @lislisa123 Congrats on losing the weight you gained and then a little bit more! :)

@microo4 Good news that your brother’s brain bleed stopped. I agree that why he fell and the possibility of doing it again is a real source of concern. That is awful that he ends up in the ER so often. Good article :)

@tammymccrady6278 Wahooo on being back on track! Just stay focused on your goal, and you will make it! :)

@trooworld It was supposed to be burnt cauliflower. I love cauliflower, but burnt is gross. I have no idea what brunt is, either. :D Cottage cheese recipes are all the rage right now. People are making pizzas, flatbreads, ice cream, etc. I haven’t tried any of these recipes, but I’m intrigued. I do like cottage cheese, and it’s a great source of protein. :)

@19shmoo69 Oh no, your poor son! I will pray for him and that you find the right neurologist. :/

@txcritter69 I’m glad things went well with the trainer. Hopefully, Diesel will come back a happier dog who loves you but doesn’t feel he has to protect you from everyone. :)

Hello everyone! We are in a heat wave here in Georgia, and I don’t like it one bit! Summer is the worst! :anguished: I did my leg workout this morning but really struggled. I was fasted 14 hours, and I think I might need to eat before doing leg day going forward. It just takes too much out of me. After slamming down a smoothie, I felt better, cleaned up the house, and helped Joe with his shower. I plan to make an iced coffee and relax with my puzzle and Diligent Mind podcast. I am learning a lot about this program and might have some good results to share soon. :)
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 and @trooworld Thanks, wish it was more. Hopefully next week I can lose a pound or two.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 209
    Today’s Weight: 208
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @megnolia82 So glad you're seeing a difference on the scale! I've been trying to think that way too with this flare up, emotionally I want to drown myself in ice cream but it will make my pain worse too so I'm scared to give in which is growth right? I hope feeling hungry helps some, we DO tend to act like we need to eat right away when we really don't.

@19shmoo69 How are you doing on balancing here and Lose It? I'm having some issues especially not feeling well, I've ended up friends with people on there and in groups here then Instagram, Facebook, and email groups. Not sure how many I'll stay in but this group is one of my top priorities as far as the social side of things. That's so weird I've had other friends have issues with my personal feed, not sure why. I'm surprised how outgoing you are on LoseIt right now I think the change is good for you! Did you and your daughter enjoy the concert? I'm not familiar with them hope it was fun!

@trooworld Sounds good thank you! A lot of times I'll struggle more with water when I'm not feeling well because I don't want to go to the bathroom a lot, lol. I hope the meeting goes well and you're truly seen. Yay puppy pics! I'm sorry to hear about the migraine. I think you and I just happen to think similar, we really have a ton in common which is why I'm so lucky to have you as a friend. Hahaha love the vacuum does it have a trap so it can't crawl back out? I used to be so scared of spiders then I moved where I am now and have to deal with black widows by myself, yikes! I need to try that pizza cottage cheese bowl! I'll take a pic of the Ethiopian cabbage it came out really good.

@micaroo4 Wow that sounds like some hardcore windows are going in I hope you love them. Oh no I'm sorry to hear what a hard time your brother is having, prayers to him. I'm glad your brother got outside I really think doing that every day is extremely important especially when hurting to not sink into a depression. Hope the girlfriend helps too! You CAN get treated bad if you're a frequent flier at the hospital unfortunately, they're more likely to believe one's a hypochondriac or drug seeker than that they're not finding something.

@TeresaW2024 Poor Maggie I hope everything goes well for her. Poor Maggie I'm sorry to hear about the teeth and knee, hope she's getting extra loves. I'm glad to hear Maggie is doing well. I LOVE chimichangas, so smart to bake them instead! I honestly think all my favorites were always just the worst thing on the menu, that was my go-to order for the longest time. I joined the Diligent Mind group it will be fun to check out. Iced coffee and a puzzle sounds awesome!

@txcritter69 Thank you. Yikes that situation with your MIL and the cake isn't good at all! Love seeing the camping trips you look beautiful and happy! I hope things go well with the trainer, that's scary about Diesel snapping at John I hope the training will help.

@FushiaKat I miss the feed too I really wish they hadn't done that. Your dinner sounds amazing!

@laurelfit57 Embroidery is a great idea let us know how it goes! Have a great time camping, sounds like an exciting month for you! Oh no poor Ty I'm sorry to hear of the bite!

@DrewsAnna Hugs you'll get it off!

@LisaLisa123 Way to go on getting the weight off that's awesome! Burning 800 calories is a challenge I don't think I even did that on the stair treadmill before my relapse! I don't believe videos that give big estimates since it depends on our weight, height, and fitness levels too but the HIIT-type stuff does seem to burn more. Body Project had some fun ones with medifications, other than that Leslie Sansone was good and I have some great chair cardio ones that aren't bad on knees like Donovan Green, Kym Perfetto, Pahla D, and Caroline Jordan.

@tammymccrady6278 Wow that's a great weigh-in wtg! Please still come here I'm one of the captains and I'm not doing great with my weight, we're a team and can help and inspire each other. You're so close to goal congratulations on being even closer (AND YES YOU CAN!)!
    !
    @annachangesagain Happy Belated Birthday to you! I'm glad you had a happy weigh-in too yay!

I did it all caught up, yay! Been resting most the day but did get my produce box and a ton of fruit at the farmer's market. I've been reading a Nicolas Spark's book and was hoping to finish it but just had a bunch of work my brother sent me so I'm going to water and get that done and take a bath. My brother's family and I are going to my parents for Father's Day early to help in the yard, not sure how much help I'll be but I'm taking my own car as my brother and his family like to stay longer than I'd prefer and I like to be in bed around 8:30. Better get moving have a great Sunday and Father's Day everyone.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    6l2zcjzan2vt.jpg
    5knyh5xcn2h7.jpg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 it's easy to be outgoing on Lose It. Most of the posts on there is "Hi I am new". Since I started the MFP EXODUS GROUP I feel a bit compelled to at least say welcome. In the Slimpossible group it is difficult for me. I'm not going to address stuff that is female based. I won't say stuff that I know my reply could be right but it may seem as rude. Then there are times I'll read the other replies to catch up and it seems there's a topic discussed that even going back and rereading past posts I have no idea what is being talked about. Then there's the talk about husbands, brothers and "boys". How do I respond? I'm the only guy in in this group.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!
    My brother went to the Maine Blues Festival and performed as scheduled. I have no idea how he managed to do that with his head injury, but he really wanted to perform, so he pushed through it. Not his best performance, but he's glad he went.
    -Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hello, it's Sunday-

@fushiakat- I'm so sorry about your cat. Hugs to you.

@19shmoo69 - I hope your son is OK and you find a neurologist. Approximately how many people- are in the MFP exodus group? Happy Father's Day to you!

@micaroo4 - I hope your brother is OK and that you enjoy your vacation

@Katmary71 - I hope your flare up settles down soon.

@txcritter69 - I hope Diesel's training goes well.

Absolutely nothing is new with me, except that my hip is doing better- not 100% but much improved.

I didn't realize how much I would miss the timeline. It's bad enough they took it away, but then they also have to leave that ugly, boring page as the first thing I see when I log in? Jeepers.

Lisa
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    PW- 256.2
    CW - 262.2

I'm sorry I missed my weigh in this week. My youngest and I have been sick. I forgot what day of the week it was.
    I've gained a lot this week and I know it's stress and comfort eating. Once I get over this sickness I will refocus on health choices.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71, I’m so excited that you joined Diligent Mind Self-Care!! It will be great to talk to you about it! :) Have you started on the workshop videos? I was on serious information overload and spent yesterday rewatching them all and taking notes! Tomorrow, I’m starting my Weakless Challenge. I'm not going to lie—I’m a little nervous about some of the stuff he wants us to do. That recipe looks good! I have never heard of Berbere before.

@19shmoo69 I get that it could feel a little weird to be in a henhouse like you are here, but that is OK. Every henhouse needs its rooster. ;) Seriously, I like having you here and reading your posts. We are all in the same weight loss boat together, and supporting each other is what it’s all about. Plus, the topics of coffee, weightlifting, and corny jokes are universal. Happy Father’s Day!! :)

@Cornada, I had to go look at the home page of MFP to see what you are talking about. I have this group bookmarked, so just come here. You might try that and save yourself from looking at that ugly page. :)

@865jessica I hope your child is feeling better and that you will feel better, too, and can refocus your health choices. Never give up on yourself, and that gain will come back off. :)

Good morning! Maggie is now in the habit of getting me up as soon as the sun is up. Whatever, I took a shower and now have some extra time before Joe needs to get up. Not much going on today other than church. I need to put together a grocery list for next week. I’m keeping it super simple next week since it’s going to be so hot. Have a good day! :)
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday: June 16
    SW 175
    PW 168.6
    CW 168.6

No change is good. Hopefully next week I will see a loss.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss!

@19shmoo69 I'm so sorry about your son. I hope you find what you need in the neurologist.

@txcritter69 I'm so glad things went well with the trainer. I'm sure you will see a big difference in his behavior. Are you going to continue training after the 3 weeks? Enjoy your day, good luck with the cooking!

@annachangesagain Congrats on the loss and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

@TeresaW2024 Oh hahahaha! I am intrigued by the pizza recipe. I may try it. Good idea to eat for fuel before leg day. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

@Digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 The meeting went okay, not great but not bad, it was just an informational meeting and I did not have the opportunity to show my strengths. Oh well! I agree, I am lucky to have you as a friend, too! <3 I think it does have a trap. It came yesterday but I haven't opened it yet. Black widows! Ugh no way! I'm glad the cabbage came out well. I hope you have a good day. Oh now that I look at the recipe, I've had that! It's delicious. Thanks for sharing. That looks like a good, authentic recipe.

@micaroo4 Wow, that's incredible he was able to perform.

@Cornanda I'm glad your hip is doing better.

Hi all. I was away from home pretty much all day yesterday. I got in almost 12,000 steps! If I had worn my watch when we walked the dogs, I would have gotten 12,000 steps. We walked the dogs together in the morning and then I went for some groceries. Then I met my old boss at the photographic museum. We walked around in there and went to my favorite used bookstore and then for coffee. When I got back, my husband wanted to get out of the house so we went to a couple of bookstores and then for a beer. I picked out 3 books, the 2 on the right are new books, the one on the left is from the used bookstore. I can't wait to read them. It was a nice day, about 78F, and sunny. I enjoyed my day.

No Zero Days: Walked over 11,000 steps.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

1x5odenbejrv.png
    dhiztdgxpgp4.jpg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Megnolia82 Sunday weigh in

SW: 228
    PW: 210.8
    CW: 207

This week was pretty good. I did a good job with my eating and was able to be fairly active.

Happy Fathers Day to the dads in the group! I hope you have a wonderful day today and spend some time with those you love most.
This discussion has been closed.