• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,960 Member
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    WEIGH-INS DUE NOW FOR THE FOLLOWING
    : @littlebabekitty @rjv230 @AmbersWay @Jactop @reshii_devi @bark2j5
    Reminder for Tomorrow's Weigh-in: @TeresaW2024 @FushiaKat
  • Katmary71
    Woohoo Mission Slimpossibles hitting 3rd place! @txcritter69 @annachangesagain @laurelfit57 Great job top winners!

@megnolia82 I agree it seems insanely easy to get off track fast, very frustrating. I'm at a similar place real flared up right now from my treatment last week then started eating gluten again, it definitely takes a toll on the body.

@sleeepygirl79 I'm glad you're able to run and hope your breathing will go smoother. Wishing for the best for you!

@DrewsAnna Way to go on not eating everything at DQ, that was smart thinking. I've been fighting the urge to get a Blizzard for a week. The shoveling sounds like great exercise!

@micaroo4 I hope the bunny comes back, good luck with the windows tomorrow.

@trooworld Violet lunging at people sounds exhausting your arm must hurt! Garden sounds good I hope you're harvesting tomatoes soon. I've only had a couple ripen so far but in a few weeks things will be crazy. What a beautiful lake!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sending lots of prayers to you and Hunter!

Hi team! Not feeling too hot but wanted to get on here and say hi, still real flared up so I'm going to rest and turn off all electronics and read and nap for a bit. Have a great night and awesome Tuesday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 562 Member
    Thanks so much everybody for all the well wishes for my agility match. For the first time my brain did not blow up at a match, what I mean by that is it used to just get so overwhelmed with all the colours, sights and sounds (I had absolutely no filter) that it would shut down from the overwhelming amount of information going into my brain all at once. I did get a little stressed, but once I realized that my brain was continuing to function all was good. I was able to focus on the course and what we needed to do and not pay attention to everything else in the environment. I definitely made some mistakes, but it was just operator error lol. Vannie had so much fun! I didn't realize there were going to be so many runs, we did seven! In class, I do maybe three runs, I was exhausted as was Vannie when we were done.
    Instead of taking the dogs for a walk today I thought I would just take them to the park to play fetch totally lazy on my part. I knew Vannie would be tired today as well, so I thought just a few chuckit balls and she would be good, which she was. I have a command for her, if I sort of twisted my leg to the side and say hup, Vannie will jump on that leg and launch into my arms. After we played, I said hup to Vannie, she looked at me and spun around so her back was facing me, that's what she does when I am just going to pick her up in my arms. She was done and there was going to be no jumping today🤣.
    I did a spin class first thing this morning and Ty obedience class this afternoon, I am staying home and not moving from my couch tonight watching the game by myself, I don't think I can move 🤣.
    Thanks again so much everybody for the support, it really meant a lot!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,770 Member
    Good morning Slims!
    Workmen are coming today for the windows. I'm nervous and excited. It will be great to have new windows, but it's just freaking awful to have strangers invading my space and disrupting the house. I've moved the furniture 3 feet away from the windows, which basically means everything is pushed into the middle of the rooms, and has to stay like that until they finish. If they don't finish today, then I can't put my house in order until tomorrow.
    I got a text from my brother yesterday, telling me he had a little accident. It seems he fell down the stairs during the night on Sunday. He has no memory of the fall. He woke up with a headache, his head stuck to the pillow from the dried blood in his hair, a big lump on his head, a shoulder injury and a back injury. This isn't the first time he's fallen at night and had no memory of it. 4 years ago he woke up on the floor with broken ribs. I know he takes something to sleep, and I wonder if he's sleep walking. He said he might go to the doctor today to get the back and shoulder injuries checked out. I suggested that he get an Apple Watch, which has fall detection and you can set up 911 notifications. He says he doesn't wear a watch. Boys are stupid. No offense Darren.
    -Mica
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 245 Member
    Username:TeresaW2024
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    SW (1.1.24) : 252.0
    PW: 247.4
    CW: 246.7
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,498 Member
    @AustinRuadhain @bark2j5 Great weigh-ins!

@Katmary71 Yeah it was exhausting lol. I hope so too about the tomatoes! Thanks! I'm sorry about the flare up. Are you flared up because of the heat or something else?

@laurelfit57 That's great that you didn't become overwhelmed! I'm glad Vannie had fun. Vannie is so well-behaved, so good with commands! I'm so impressed by her. Sounds like you've been busy.

@micaroo4 That's scary about your brother. I hope you can convince him to get an Apple Watch.

@TeresaW2024 Congrats on the loss! Yes, he did write that. He has written so many things for so many people. Yes, she is afraid of EVERYTHING, I mean, if a leaf blows near her, she jumps back lol. That lake is so enjoyable. I wish I lived next to it. It's about 10-15 mins away. Fresh eggs, how nice! I hope you had a nice lunch with the birthday boy. Good job cutting out snacking, that's not easy! That poem nails it. Thanks for sharing.

I did well yesterday, no ice cream, and no snacks besides some watermelon. Yesterday we had that professional development day at work. They provided lunch. I had half a sandwich, chips, and a little salad. On the way home, I thought to myself, since my husband is cooking tonight, I will take one of the dogs for a longer walk. But when I set out, my dog wanted to turn around after she went to the bathroom. I told myself, I will walk on my walking pad. But when I got back to the house and changed my clothes, the moment of inspiration was over and I sat in my chair. I will work on this. We had Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl last night. It was really good. My husband added roasted cauliflower. It was a restaurant-quality meal.

No Zero Days: Tracked.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,498 Member
    za9up3ptqst7.png

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What can I do to consume more water today?
  • micaroo4
    DISCUSSION QUESTION: What can I do to consume more water today?
    Ok, my first thought is why is that even a goal? I do consume a lot of fluids, sometimes water, but I don't keep track. I've probably had 6 cups of beverages this morning, and none were plain water. I'm plenty hydrated, and I drink what I like. I'm the heretic of the group.
    -Mica
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 880 Member

9l12orxs956c.jpg

I have been feeling like crap lately, mentally. My family had a family event ( my sister's son's christening ) a few days ago. I didn't want to eat badly but I didn't have a choice as we were to head to my sister's place right after the event where food was served for lunch. They had cake too, one of my weaknesses ( sweets ). I ate a big slice that I was given thinking at least the taste would be worth the calories and it wasn't. I was so bummed that later for dinner, I was like well, since I already was bad today, let me be bad for dinner and get Pollo Tropical so I can at least enjoy something I ate today. The food was all right taste-wise but nothing to be excited about, and then I just felt bloated and had that awful aftertaste of that garlic sauce all night until the next morning, as if it was a silent nasty reminder of my bad eating. I weighed 3 pounds heavier too! I know some of it is probably salt/water retention but still, it was upsetting to see such an impact from one day of eating.

I thought to myself, I'm going to walk my butt off this week to lose what I gained during my off day, but of course, I live in Florida and it's the wet season, where it rains every day. So, now, I'm stuck inside trying to walk in place or doing workout videos from YouTube hoping it's enough to lose the weight by Friday. All from eating bad one day with food that wasn't even worth the calories/fat. Ugh! If I end up gaining weight this Friday, that is why.

Hopefully, you guys are having better luck with your week.
  • micaroo4
    @FushiaKat - I'm so sorry that your beloved cat Tessie passed away. 😢 I know how hard it is to say goodbye to furry snuggles and kitty kisses.
    -Mica
  • micaroo4
    My brother got x-rays and a CT scan. Nothing broken, but he has a small brain bleed. They are going to monitor him for 6 hours, then send him home. He'll have to consult with his PCP about the shoulder and back pain.
    -Mica
  • Katmary71
    WEIGH-IN UPDATE
    PLEASE WEIGH IN NOW: @littlebabekitty @rj230 @Jactop @reshii_devi @bark2j5
    Tomorrow Weigh in Reminder: @DrewsAnna
  • Katmary71
    @trooworld Thank you for getting the question again, I'll get the rest of this month I'm behind a few weeks here and don't want you feeling stuck with it. I DO really appreciate what an awesome co-captain you are! Yum last night's dinner sounds awesome. The flare is from the treatment we did, we worked on my tailbone nerves and it flared them up real bad (pretty common with CRPS to have inflammation after a treatment as a reaction but this is probably the worst I've had, my issues started in the pelvis from laser burns).

-QUESTION Answer: I actually just made tea and am planning on an extra nutrition drink to hopefully help me bounce back so that will help with water plus I had some Diet cranberry juice too.

@laurelfit57 Wow that's an impressive amount of runs! Sounds like some good exercise today for you and the pups. A rest night sounds good enjoy the game!

@AmbersWay I used last week's number thank you! Don't sweat being behind just jump in when you're able to.

@micaroo4 I don't like strangers in my house either. Yikes I'm so sorry to hear about your brother, how scary! I'm glad to hear he didn't break anything, hope the monitoring goes well and he's home soon.

@TeresaW2024 I'm excited to hear about Diligent Mind Self-Care program, love the poem thanks for sharing. Where did you find this? I hope the breakfast went well!

@lisalisa123 Hugs I'm sorry you're struggling. What kind of workout videos do you like to do? I can send you some if you're interested, maybe something will inspire you. I hope that salt comes off fast, I know it still sucks to see the higher number on the scale.

@FushiaKat You did miss last week I kept looking back for it as I don't think you've ever missed a weigh-in! I put your previous weight down for last week's when I was logging this week. I'm so sorry to hear about Tessie, what a beautiful baby.

Hi team! Trying some stuff to get this flare under control, it's the worst one I've had from using micro current but my CRPS started in the pelvis and tends to flare. The nerves were burned via laser during endometriosis surgery and it later turned into CRPS so who knows why it's this crazy bad but I'm burning everywhere (using some patches that are helping a bit). I'm skipping a charity meeting tonight hopefully I'll be bouncing back soon as this SUCKS. Hope you all have a good night and a great Wednesday.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 562 Member
    edited June 12
    @teresaw2024 congratulations on the loss!! Sorry, I do tend to go on L O L. That program that you were doing sounds very interesting.

@trooworld I promise you Vannie definitely has her sassy times lol. It is so easy for that "moment to pass" and not do what we had the best of intentions to do. I have a really hard time getting any type of exercise in the afternoon. Your husband sounds like such an amazing cook!

@Fushiakat I am so sorry about your cat, she was beautiful♥️

@micaroo4 I'm sorry to hear about your brother, I hope things go well and he can get home.

@katmary71 I am so sorry that you are still dealing with your flareup, I hope you can find some relief soon. Hopefully an evening of rest will do you some good.
    Just a heads up, I am going to try to do my way in on Saturday morning. We are camping for the weekend, I am heading out first thing Saturday morning and won't be back until Monday morning.

I think I am still trying to recover from the agility match🤣🤣🤣. Met my friend for a lovely lunch, I ordered a Mediterranean salad and it was delicious! There was beet hummus, pickled red cabbage, falafel, grilled chicken, it was so good! I went to Marshalls and got a few summer tops, I really needed them! I have been on my couch from about 7 o'clock, I can't move.
    I was just telling somebody the other day how lucky I was that Ty has not chewed up any of my stuff, not sure why I had to say that out loud! Last night in the space of half an hour she chewed up one of my favourite walking sandals and the bottom shelf of my patio coffee table. This morning when I was bringing in groceries from the garage (max of five minutes), she finished off the rest of the coffee table shelf, was really loving just cuddle down there and enjoy her chew.

vwjya2jn05aq.jpeg
    4xv7ethp1lw9.jpeg
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 857 Member
    @TeresaW2024 thanks for the pep talk! You’re right, I know what I need to do!
    And yes, I do have summer plans :) camping and purging the house! I’m so overwhelmed by clutter I need to really downsize everything.

@trooworld great suggestion! A daily goal will help keep me grounded and on track when things seem to be flying out of control.

This week I’m focused on skipping the stuff that I know will hurt my body. Two days in and the scale is responding.

Anyway, time to get going! Have a great day :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,257 Member
    News feed is officially gone for me.
This discussion has been closed.