Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
udddrllzjc27.png
Here is your Team chat room for June 2024. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land here any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows - contact them any time!

Our Moderators:
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8
Lauren- @lauren_989
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @Megan_smartiepants1970 and [open]
Mission Slimpossible - @Katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @ashleycarole86 and @lauren_989
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @19shmoo69
Weight No More - @rachelrjh and @BodyTalking
WaistAways - @MaddawgMadsen
Shape Shifters - @LaurieWrobo and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The June challenge runs for four weeks, from June 2 - 29.

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win, and may everyone else get to work on next week!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every single week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard. In March we are aiming for every team to hit 50% green every week - let's do this!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or can be moved to the Support Team for as long as you need. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love :heart: Introduce or re-introduce yourselves right away, and let's get June on the road!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,082 Member
    edited May 31
    Options
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @KateTheBlonde, @Running4Bipolar, @Rebecca0025, @ZaraMarie61,@Start090, @yodo10088, @MLL0319 and welcome back @lindamtuck2018 to our amazing team....I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for for awhile now and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the captain of this marvelous team.. I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota who turned 6 years old on 10/10 (and a Siberian Husky named Aspen who turned 6 years old 12/22) ... I lost my 2 grandma kitties Kylie 17 1/2 and Mocha 17 recently within 4 days apart and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who turned 18 on 10/5 and graduated high school on June 9th my little girl is not little no more ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year who wants to be a veterinarian once she receives her diploma ... I have a son named Austin who is 24 (had a birthday on 10/24 who is married with 2 kids and was in the Navy now he has graduated from the academy and is a cop.. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My goals for June.. Since I am injured I am not on Keto at this time I am just eating regular food.... meal prepping with my daughter's help ....drinking 140 ounces of water daily and getting at least 5 hours of sleep.... I had a lot of health issues...but I am happy to say that I am off all meds ..I am no longer type 2 diabetic ... I had kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..As many of you know I am out of commission for who knows how long due to playing ball with the pups in the backyard and falling in one of the craters my dogs dug up...I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore tendons and ligaments ...I had surgery on 10/19 where I have a plate and 4 screws and I had an infection where one of the screws is ..... I had my 2nd foot surgery on 12/15 3rd foot surgery happened on 1/31 where he put a rod in my foot (which is giving me problems)
    4th surgery happened on 3/31/23 where I have 2 new rods in my leg and more screws in my foot
    5th foot/leg surgery happening on 7/7/23 ...6th foot surgery happened on 8/25 where I have a plate and more screws.. 7th surgery happened on September 16th when I lost my balance and fell in my home .. and had to have the rod that I bent replaced 8th foot surgery happened on Dec 16th...9th foot surgery happened on February 7th...I just had my 10th foot surgery on 3/28/2024 where he put 2 plates and 8 screws in my ankle..... Crossing fingers, toes and eyes that I am done with surgeries....I somehow have a fracture on the top of my foot and near my ankle...I am in a soft cast with 2 rods on each side...I want this darn foot to heal already so that I can start PT and get back to walking (boy do I miss it )

If there is anymore you want to know about me just ask
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,597 Member
    edited May 31
    Options
    Hi my name is Linda and I have been with F2F since I started my journey in February 2019. I have lost almost 115 pounds. I know it has taken a long time to lose it but I think going slow will help me keep it off. I am hoping to lose 5 to 10 more pounds then onto maintenance. I took the month of May off and I am eager to start back.

About me:
    I am 59 and will be 60 in two weeks. I live in London, Ontario with my husband Garry. We have three kids, Amy, Daniel and Sarah who are all living on their own. I have 4 beautiful granddaughters ranging in age from 2 to 18. My oldest granddaughter moved in with us in February so we are still adjusting. I am excited as my youngest, her husband and kids are moving back to Canada. I am looking forward to spending time with my grandkids as I only have seen them a couple of times aside from video chats. My pastimes include reading, playing cards, playing games on my iPad and going to shows. I like to travel and hope to do more once my husband retires.

Weight loss and exercise:
    I don’t really follow any particular diet except counting calories. For exercise, I mostly do short walks. I do swim but haven’t been there lately. I was supposed to have back surgery today but they had to postpone it. I am hoping for a new date soon. For those that don’t live in Canada, our healthcare system is a mess. It’s been over 5 years getting from the first visit with the family doctor to getting to see a surgeon. I have nerve pain from both neuropathy and my back. Hopefully, the surgery will help. Maybe I will take up running afterwards. 😂 I plan on joining a gym after and do strength training. They have a gym that has no frills and is very inexpensive not to far from me.

Goals:
    Lose at least two pounds in June
    4,000 steps daily
    Walk at least twice a week
    Weather permitting, sit outside each day

Welcome to all the new members. I hope you guys have great success with the group. It has been a lifesaver for me.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 825 Member
    edited May 31
    Options
    Hi everyone 👋🏾

My name is Samantha. I'm 42 and I've been a member of the team for a little while. I had surgery on my legs in May so I've been out of the challenge for about a month now and I'm going to join again for June.

My new step goal is going to be 4,000 steps. I'm hoping I can make it because today I walked for 20 minutes and by the end of that 20 minutes I wasn't feeling that great.

In the time that I've been on my challenge hiatus, I've probably gained some weight. I haven't weighed in since I did my weigh-in for the surgery so I'm a little bit nervous. Especially since I haven't been dialed in on my diet.

Hopefully I can get back into things and slowly get back into the gym. Right now I'm just focusing on moving as much as possible.

It feels good to be back!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi everyone 👋🏾

My name is Samantha. I'm 42 and I've been a member of the team for a little while. I had surgery on my legs in May so I've been out of the challenge for about a month now and I'm going to join again for June.

My new step goal is going to be 4,000 steps. I'm hoping I can make it because today I walked for 20 minutes and by the end of that 20 minutes I wasn't feeling that great.

In the time that I've been on my challenge hiatus, I've probably gained some weight. I haven't weighed in since I did my weigh-in for the surgery so I'm a little bit nervous. Especially since I haven't been dialed in on my diet.

Hopefully I can get back into things and slowly get back into the gym. Right now I'm just focusing on moving as much as possible.

It feels good to be back!

Glad to have you back ...Take it slow ..don't over to it ...You got this :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We have a new member joining our group ...Please welcome @livnlyfe1111 :)
  • JamieS74
    JamieS74 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,943 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Darlene and have been with F2F for a few months now. I am in another group with @lindamtuck2018 and she is such an inspiration I followed her here. Great group! I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2022 and have lost almost 75 pounds to date. I'm still a work in progress, but I am getting there - 15 pounds to my goal weight. I was hoping to get to the ideal range for my birthday in August - but the last few pounds have been SLOWLY creeping off. I realize that is unrealistic and have changed my goal to October. After hitting ideal, want another five pounds for a buffer to stay under the ideal limit - with a goal of January 8, 2025 (the 2 year mark of my weight loss journey). I can do it!

My Goals for June:

👣 Average 8k Steps (lowering due to knee injury - may increase later in month if I heal)
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🫀 Cardio 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Stretching routine - 1 day per week
    💦 8+ glasses of water
    🧂Stay under sodium goal
    📖 🎮 or ME! Read, play a game or Me time daily
    ⚖️ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,943 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members! @KateTheBlonde, @Running4Bipolar, @Rebecca0025, @ZaraMarie61,@Start090, @yodo10088, @MLL0319 @livnlyfe1111 You've got this! My biggest advice is to just keep going. Life is filled with a lot of ups and downs - enjoy the ride and you will get there. I promise! And be nice to yourself!

xn6r6hmh1vhc.png

• NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Happy June Downsizers🌸 Welcome all new and returning members! Something exciting and motivating about starting a new month! I’m actually starting June off higher than May so it’s time to buckle down. There were several events in May but I can’t keep using that as an excuse. There’s always going to be a birthday or holiday or some other event or celebration or even just the weekend! My June goals include getting back to basics and tracking the below areas daily for progress.

🟢 10K Steps
    🟢 Resistance training 3x per week
    🟢 Gallon Water
    🟢 <10g added sugar (fruit and natural sugars are okay)
    🟢 At or under baseline target calories (not net - I usually do net but ate a little too many exercise calories in May and I’m up so it makes me believe exercise calories are inflated and I’m not tracking as precisely as I should)
    🟢 Sleep 7+ hours (this is a tough one with my current schedule and commitments but I need to prioritize sleep for my overall wellness)
    🟢 Screens off by 8
    🟢 Loose 3.7 pounds to be in the next decade. I’ve been hanging out in my current decade way too long!

Hope you’re all ready to crush it in June! Let’s do this DownSizers🤗
  • livnlyfe1111
    livnlyfe1111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm excited about this challenge as I am trying to get healthy and stay motivated. I work from home so I have not been very active but this past week I started exercising and doing IF. My goals for this month are below:

Steps = 5000 (minimum per day)
    Increase water intake = 90 ounces
    Lose 5lbs in June!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2
    Options
    Would the following people post their steps for May... I need 5/26 - 6/1 Thank you :)

@aactuallyaash 6/1
    @Hotspur11 5/26 - 6/1
    @RoblinB 5/26 - 6/1
    @iLive2Walk 6/1
    @Stacimfit 5/26 - 6/1
    @lovethyneighbor 5/31 - 6/1
    @JamieS74 5/31 - 6/1
    @MommieJeannie 5/26 - 6/1

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    hu8y2y46p6mw.jpg

Are you a planner or a procrastinator?

I am a planner :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am about to set up the step challenge for June... if you are interested in joining please post your screen name and a pledge of steps you plan to hit either daily or weekly ... I always post the results at the end of the week :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,597 Member
    Options
    hu8y2y46p6mw.jpg

I am a procrastinator. It drives my friends and family insane. I do get it done in the end.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK

PW: 141.7 pounds (May 4th) (gained 0.6 pounds)
    CW: 144.8 pounds (gained 3.1 pounds in 4 weeks)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,245 Member
    Options
    The June Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jun 2nd. Please join us for the "Treat Yourself Well" Challenge, a unique and creative 7-day challenge, you're sure to enjoy!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10916790/june-week-1-group-challenge-treat-yourself-well-challenge/p1?new=1

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • myndieet
    myndieet Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step Challenge - Goal 6000

5/26 sun 3119
    5/27 mon 1104
    5/28 tue 1036
    5/29 wed 1180
    5/30 thur 2970
    5/31 fri 946
    6/1 sat 765

This still isn't going as planned.. 🤔
  • myndieet
    Options
    Welcome new and returning members 😃🙋‍♀️
  • myndieet
    Options
    hu8y2y46p6mw.jpg

I am a procrastinator. It drives my friends and family insane. I do get it done in the end.

I'm both! 🙈 I plan a lot and then I don't do anything with it.. 🤷‍♀️
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I’m planning to push my steps this month. For the step challenge, 8000 please
    Thank you!