Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970, @lauren_989 I'm reposting my weigh because I forgot to tag you in the first post.

Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 177
    CW: 176.8
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,962 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    Weekly Steps:
    June 23 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 22,703
    June 24 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 5,969
    June 25 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 8,338
    June 26 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 11,750
    June 27 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 11,226
    June 28 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ
    June 29 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Thursday June 27

๐Ÿ‘ฃ 11,226
    ๐Ÿ“ Logged Everything
    ๐Ÿฅ— Yes!
    ๐Ÿซ€ 30 Min Cardio
    ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 30 Min Strength
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ 10 Min Stretch
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ Yes
    ๐Ÿง‚ Yes
    ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ or ME! Yes

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒป Happy June ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Ž

I got it all done (and it felt great to do so) but I did have a little twinge in my knee at the end of the day.
    I may have to take it a little easier today - but I am trying to end the month strong. Can't believe that July is almost here!

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @scandiao awesome for joining the step challenge in July! How many steps would you like to aim for each day (or week)?

And I will also share that my lucky number is 7 as well ๐Ÿ˜Š

• lauren_989
    Options
    j8ak0v9xkdw3.jpg
    Would your rather read a book or watch a movie?

I am following with @Megan_smartiepants1970 idea while she is recovering and posing a question. I love reading! Getting comfortable on the couch with a blanket and good book is my idea of relaxing!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw 183
    Cw 182

Happy to be maintaining while I'm away from the rv !
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Having maintained my weight for a few months now i don't feel I'm ready to lose more and unfortunately I'm not motivated enough to motivate the team! I'll therefore be leaving the group at the end of June.
    Best of luck to everyone in their continued journey. Lis
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Having maintained my weight for a few months now i don't feel I'm ready to lose more and unfortunately I'm not motivated enough to motivate the team! I'll therefore be leaving the group at the end of June.

When we lose motivation, maintaining can be a good thing. You are not slipping back into old habits/patterns and gaining back weight that you have lost. You are still down 94 pounds which is AMAZING!! If you need a break and want to go on the support team for a while that is an option as well. Otherwise, I wish you ongoing luck with your journey!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,607 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @mrsditchen !!!

Go get lots of rest @Megan_smartiepants1970

@lindamtuck2018 It is a beautiful day out, and the humidity is nice and low so that is a relief! I hope your surgery comes and gets over with quick so you can get on your trip! Have a great day!

Thank you! I love the way you are such a great cheerleader for the team. Itโ€™s going to be another nice day. I only like the hot ones when I am on a beach with a pina colda in my hand. I hope you have a great Friday.

Thank you @stacimfit :) I'm looking forward to finding myself again. LOL! :)

In away we want to lose ourselves. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Lots of ourselves. Seriously, I know what you mean. I think itโ€™s a life long journey. Good luck with your weight loss and welcome.

Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 177
    CW: 176.8

Nice! I am trying to convince my husband to go on cruise to Alaska. Are you still in Alaska?

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good morning! The weather is great again today. I am soon going to go out and enjoy some balcony time. My stomach is still off but I feel much better. My steps sucked as I laid down a good bit of the day. Today I will get moving.

June 23: 3,671
    June 24: 7,163
    June 25: 4,454
    June 26: 3,130
    June 27: 3,346

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw 183
    Cw 182

Nice loss! You canโ€™t leave. You are one of the people who I consider an inspiration in my weight loss story. I am going to be honest with you. Taking the break in May really sent me down a rabbit hole. I got in my head and bad habits slowly crept in. I am still up 5 pounds from the lowest weight. I was maintaining until I wasnโ€™t. I am not saying this will happen to you. Lots of people maintain successfully. Anyway, I will miss you if you leave. You are the person who helped me join the slimmer 60โ€™s club. Good luck with your journey. When are you heading out on your trip to the US?
  • livnlyfe1111
    livnlyfe1111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 202.1
    CW (Current Weight): 203.4

This week didn't quite go as planned, I was hoping to get under 200. I got my steps in but a couple of days my food wasn't so great. I didn't go over my caloric intake but sodium, and fat was high.

Oh well, today is a new day right???
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,154 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ..... I am still in a lot of pain but I am managing ... not sleeping well but that is to be expected ... I will get the step challenge for June Week 3 done today from my couch :)

@livnlyfe1111 Please post your steps from 6/16 to 6/22 so that I can get week 3 done ...Thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Sorry to see you go .... I would recommend going on Support before leaving our team ...
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    The team chat for JULY is open! Continue to weigh in and post stats HERE through the end of Saturday, but go to the new month for introductions, and to set goals and commitments:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919002/downsizers-team-chat-july-2024/p1?new=1

The July Habit Tracker is also up and running:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10919005/habit-tracker-july-2024#latest
  • lauren_989
    Options
    Weigh-in's due through Saturday:

@yodaloo88
    @aneedlecraft
    @jimboden3
    @FindingSamMon
    @MLL0319
    @itladyee
    @liketoyak
    @inshapeCK
    @RoblinB

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope you had a better day today. I saw your post about the step challenge, let me know if you need me to keep tracking weigh in's.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Weigh-in's due through Saturday:

@yodaloo88
    @aneedlecraft
    @jimboden3
    @FindingSamMon
    @MLL0319
    @itladyee
    @liketoyak
    @inshapeCK
    @RoblinB

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I hope you had a better day today. I saw your post about the step challenge, let me know if you need me to keep tracking weigh in's.

I can do it from my couch ...I am in a lot of pain but I think I can manage ... Thank you for your help I greatly appreciate all you have done for the few days ...I am on meds so we will see how I do LOL
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    046b8arbyb27.jpg

JUNE WEEK 3 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE
    1st @iLive2Walk 86,911 steps
    2nd @lovethyneighbor 86,681 steps
    3rd @JamieS74 85,878 steps
    4th @itladyee 61,001 steps
    5th @RoblinB 59,573 steps
    GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!
    As A Group We Walked 615,794 steps

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 3/7
    @itladyee 4/7
    @Slimmersixties 4/7
    @iLive2Walk 4/7
    @FindingSamMon 7/7
    @Stacimfit 4/7
    @myndieet 7/7
    @lovethyneighbor 5/7
    @JamieS74 7/7
    @Bluetail6 0/7
    @livnlyfe1111 0/7
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw 183
    Cw 182

Nice loss! You canโ€™t leave. You are one of the people who I consider an inspiration in my weight loss story. I am going to be honest with you. Taking the break in May really sent me down a rabbit hole. I got in my head and bad habits slowly crept in. I am still up 5 pounds from the lowest weight. I was maintaining until I wasnโ€™t. I am not saying this will happen to you. Lots of people maintain successfully. Anyway, I will miss you if you leave. You are the person who helped me join the slimmer 60โ€™s club. Good luck with your journey. When are you heading out on your trip to the US?

Unfortunately she dropped out Linda
  • Slimmersixties
    edited June 29
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Pw 183
    Cw 182

Hi Linda, thanks for your reply. I appreciate your comments. I'll be honest with you, whilst i know things have to change the group isn't the same without you as captain! You were a huge motivation to me as we both passed by the 200lb mark and reached our low weights! I've started feeling its a chore to come to the page .... rather than i could nt wait to be here every morning to see how folks were doing! I also have some huge personal issues going on and just feel nows the time to go. Who knows i might be back after my trip to the usa in September! Good luck with the rest of your journey xx
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,962 Member
    edited June 29
    Options
    Weekly Steps:
    June 23 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 22,703
    June 24 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 5,969
    June 25 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 8,338
    June 26 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 11,750
    June 27 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 11,226
    June 28 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ 13,056
    June 29 ๐Ÿ‘ฃ

Friday June 28

๐Ÿ‘ฃ 13,056
    ๐Ÿ“ Logged Everything
    ๐Ÿฅ— Yes!
    ๐Ÿซ€ 30 Min Cardio
    ๐Ÿ’ฆ Yes
    ๐Ÿง‚ Yes
    ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŽฎ or ME! Yes

๐Ÿ˜Ž๐ŸŒป Happy June ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ˜Ž

Ending the month strong! Today we are going to see South Pacific at the Goodspeed Theater - so fitting since we just got back from our trip. Hubby and I are alone this time - Allyson (my daughter) is taking this one off. Since she isn't with us, we decided to skip the out to dinner afterwards - kind of tired of restaurant food. Looking forward to it.
This discussion has been closed.