Get Your GREENS! August 2024 Challenge 🧉 🥗 🥝 🥑

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,353 Member
    @SafariGalNYC that looks super healthy good work for staying in the grove whilel out exploring new adventures.
    hope the weather been good🌴⛵️

@BodyTalking love the dish you made , i may be adding beet roots soon… good job

@mkksemail your new version looks amazing…. Have fun packing 🌴

This is the Danny Boy Special
    And it tastes great.
    Pomegranate juice
    Celery
    Baby Spinach
    Avocado 🥑
    Strawberries
    Blueberries
    Greek yogurt
    Blend then add a pinch of Cacao nibs on topu73q9abq2cfg.jpeg

Life is good 🌴🌴🌴🌴⛵️🛺

@dannytrees1 - luv the Danny boy special!! Lifted up by your positivity.. indeed.. life is good! 😌
  • filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Last night we took my nephew to Red Lobster for a belated birthday. While being around cheddar bay biscuits is dangerous I did have a house salad with mango/pineapple vinaigrette & a side of broccoli to get greens in for day. I also had some stuffed button mushrooms (but as they are fungi not sure I’d count as a veg).
    hqouwx6ep3ly.jpeg
    q8sk4b9a2l5h.jpeg

For breakfast today I made an omelette that had potato and tomato in it. (Sorry no picture.)
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,661 Member
    filmgal30 wrote: »
    Last night we took my nephew to Red Lobster for a belated birthday. While being around cheddar bay biscuits is dangerous I did have a house salad with mango/pineapple vinaigrette & a side of broccoli to get greens in for day. I also had some stuffed button mushrooms (but as they are fungi not sure I’d count as a veg).
    hqouwx6ep3ly.jpeg
    q8sk4b9a2l5h.jpeg

For breakfast today I made an omelette that had potato and tomato in it. (Sorry no picture.)

If I counted chick peas, you can def count mushrooms! 🤣 Looks and sounds delish! 😋
  • Emilienewme
    Emilienewme Posts: 498 Member
    For lunch I had a salad made with Chinese leaves and cherry tomatoes from my garden (sorry I forgot to take a photo)

This was my tea: chicken, homemade chips using oil spray, carrots and broccoli
    c479uhxfy0x4.jpg

I love seeing everyone's photos 😄 we are going to see my in-laws tomorrow and they have some veggies from their allotment for us, looking forward to cooking / prepare the random selection of veg we'll be given
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Took our granddaughter out to lunch for her birthday. I went with this salad (yum!!)

qdq5i4bgnrrj.jpeg
  • mkksemail
    Oooo, that is a beautiful salad, Daria ! And that is a delicious tea, Emilie ! I also love seeing everyone's photos. so inspiring !!

My Sunday ... I had pickles and lettuce on my half sammich ... ? ✨🥬🥒🤷‍♀️😬

Life is good ! *channeling Danny trees* :)
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 314 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Took our granddaughter out to lunch for her birthday. I went with this salad (yum!!)

qdq5i4bgnrrj.jpeg

Looks yummy
    Good work 😁
  • mkksemail
    Monday Freggies !

Hi guys, sorry no pix. I had walnuts & dried pineapples with my protein tea this morning, and I had grape tomatoes, more walnuts, and more pineapples for lunch today. We're leaving tonight. I made a post about our trip itinerary, if anyone is interested :). I'll be back on Tues Sep 10 - tho I will try to check in while gone, I'm just not certain what kind of time I'll have.

Be well! Life is Good! (channeling Danny again :D )
    Cheers,
    ~ mk :)
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Breakfast (yum!!)

4tkxqe95zp9m.jpeg
  • mkksemail

Gawjuss! :)
  • SafariGalNYC
    Such awesome photos and shares!!!

Had some great grilled greens and veggies today.. also a breadfruit cassava pizza with greens on top. (Do the greens on top count? lol)

atgm7koi71y4.jpeg
    yvkx47lqt02v.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    I just had a regular green salad with chicken for lunch today
    Yes SG the greens on to count 🤣
    MK enjoy your trip.
    I went shopping today… picked up some new greens, not really sure what they are but I’m sure they will go good in tomorrow’s smoothie.
    Danny🌴🌴🌴🌴
    Go green life is good 🛺🥑
  • SafariGalNYC
    Breakfast greens- 🥬 and some fruit. (Deconstructed shake? Lol)

ot4lvw2q49bj.jpeg
    nn0w6e6bkkrl.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    Well this is a whole new shake,
    And it tastes delicious.
    Splash of pomegranate juice
    Baby spinach
    Cucumber
    Cilantro
    Celery
    Raspberries
    Black berries
    Strawberry
    Banana
    Milled Flax
    Chia Buckwheat &Hemp Topper
    Mix and add a pinch of Cacao Nibs on top, to give that taste of dark chocolate nuts

I’m really starting to love trying new greens in my shakes… it’s a extra kick of fun with a nutritious benefitbt17f2mae46w.jpeg

@SafariGalNYC your breakfast looks refreshing… and great to see the greens… very creative 🌴.
    Enjoy the day and don’t forget the sunscreen 😁⛵️⛵️🌴

Life is great 🌴🛺
    Danny
  • SafariGalNYC
    edited August 27
    Well this is a whole new shake,
    And it tastes delicious.
    Baby spinach
    Cucumber
    Cilantro
    Celery
    Raspberries
    Black berries
    Strawberry
    Banana
    Milled Flax
    Chia Buckwheat &Hemp Topper
    Mix and add a pinch of Cacao Nibs on top, to give that taste of dark chocolate nuts

I’m really starting to love trying new greens in my shakes… it’s a extra kick of fun with a nutritious benefitbt17f2mae46w.jpeg

@SafariGalNYC your breakfast looks refreshing… and great to see the greens… very creative 🌴.
    Enjoy the day and don’t forget the sunscreen 😁⛵️⛵️🌴

Life is great 🌴🛺
    Danny

@dannytrees1 - wow!!!!! Epic nutrition in that shake! Cacao chai and hemp!! 😋

Getting my fruit on.

More greens coming!

2klkengwtekz.jpeg

Great roti wrap and salad for lunch.

🥗

n0lzyqc9olt2.jpeg
  • Emilienewme
    @SafariGalNYC your food looks so pretty 😍 but also great scenery

@dannytrees1 curious about your shakes, once blended does it look very green?

Apple topped porridge for breakfast
    a71yb42e57wv.jpg

Salad for lunch (the tomatoes are from my garden)
    lsyggzcr15jv.jpg

Homemade turkey burger (with courgette hiding in) served with corn on the cob, kale (a bit overcooked 🫣) and sauté potatoes for tea
    upf7x5zwi42k.jpg
  • mkksemail
    Airline food Tuesday? (tho Turkish Airlines does do pretty good food. Not sure what day that was, lol. I e had 1hr 27m Monday night (on the plane).

Chose the Salmon and Ratatouie rather than the Pasta & Spinach (Cannelloni?). There was also hummus & salaş, and breakfast had egg scrsmbke with green owpoer, and tonaties, on the Side, türe was aksi a veggie & cheese biwl, and a fruit salaş, sll small portikns, but git de ne plants in.

We only had öne meal in Turkey - Pilaf w chicken and salad, under the lights of Galata Tower 🫶- can't wait to try all the wonderful vegetarian meals while I'm here.

Hm, I had pix, but I can't seem to post them from the Android app 🤔. I'll do it tomorrow, when I unpack my laptop.
    .~ mk :)

• SafariGalNYC
    @Emilienewme - thanks!! Your dishes look fab! Tomatoes fresh from the garden.. yum!

@mkksemail - I love the herbs and veg in Turkey! Looking forward to Istanbul greens!

@dannytrees1 - love the addition of cilantro 🌿 to shake! I’ve added rosemary in the morning for focus. Esp with berries and cacao nibs!

- some greens and proteins for me ..

mpo1gw3wf9f1.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    @Emillienewme no they don’t turn green.
    I think it’s because I add the pomegranate juice.
    And I do this for most shake.
    @Mjksemil good for you choosing the right foods… keep it going… it will be worth it 🌴🌴🛺
    And enjoy the trip 👍
    @SafariGalNyc. I had chicken today too… hit my protein goal at lunch.
    The story about the Clinantro is I really didn’t know what I was buying… it looked fresh and then I looked later and seen what it was💪
    It tasted great… another new staple in my adventure.

Keep the greens going everyone
    It will be great for your system

New Shake planed for tomorrow

Danny🌴🤠
  • mkksemail
    edited August 28
    On the laptop! :)

Turkish Airlines in-flight (Economy) menu. I had:
    ~ Chicken Caesar Salad, Grilled Filet of Salmon, ratatouille, celericac puree lemon butter, a dinner roll w/ butter, carrot cake, & sour cherry juice for dinner;
    ~ a couple water bottles in-flight;
    ~ and seasonal fresh fruit, assorted cheese (& veggies), scrambled eggs, sauteed potatoes, pepper, tomatoes, another roll w/ butter & jam this time, and sour cherry juice & tea for breakfast. No pictures tho, just a pic of the menu card to help me log it later (which I haven't done yet, lol, but I will!):
    rdaop9y884ub.jpg

xwxsgqskx9ws.jpg

Dinner at a street cafe, just under Galata Tower. Pilaf, Veggies, Chicken and some fries (I gave the fries to my daughter :) ):
    jqbf2tnbx7ui.jpg

Breakfast at the hotel breakfast buffet I made a friend, she was so sweet. She was American, her parents were Yemeni. She spoke native English, fluent Arabic, and was learning Spanish. So bubbly and chatty. I was taking a picture of the breakfast, and caught her, too. I apologized, but she smiled, and laughed, she started chatting, telling me how her Mom does that to her all the time, takes pictures when she doesn't expect it, lol:
    wn1bq0cruxiq.jpg

tkdbvygtresg.jpg

They had dessert too 😬. I took two of each, of the cookies, etc, to try with my husband. I only ate the fudge, and a chocolate-covered graham cracker, tho. He ate the same. We wrapped the rest for later, which we probably weren't supposed to do, but oh well, lol:
    w6uttame406w.jpg

And here are a few more pictures - our hotel room has a balcony with a view of Galata Tower, and Aya Sofya, too, in the background:
    uivba531yhgh.jpg

tj1vx7y0iuv9.jpg

At dinner - we ate at a street cafe, just 1 block in from Galata Tower. The younger couple is my daughter and her husband, the older couple is my husband and me. The arts-y type photo is a picture my daughter took, and put on her Instagram :) :
    0hjfghutb973.jpg

ezwaltezuxrc.jpg

8olxazufcrct.jpg

And lastly, Istanbul is famous for their street cats! 😸😻🐈. This is my daughter feeding some chicken to three young kitties 💜:
    8txrznv3f8l3.jpg

up0epyzgr1id.jpg

Cheers!
    ~ mk :)

• filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 4,186 Member
    Hello, Sorry first full week of school, but training 4 new people is kind of crushing me & not letting me have enough time to keep up with my own work. It was supposed to be for a vegetarian lunch, but I only had time to eat some French Fries (not pictured) so i added some left over breaded chicken and had this salad for dinner-used a packet dressing (usually only use 1/2 but went crazy & used all this time). onp2ar0wkm8v.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    Busy day for me , doing firewood.
    No shake today.
    Made these wraps for lunch
    Bbq chicken and Cilantro on whole wheat, and a new ginger lime Perrier 8r52krxkm7sc.jpeg

Have a great day 🌴🛺
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,813 Member
    I didn't take a photo because it looked yucky but I had a gloopy breakfast of chia seeds, psyllium, oats, raisins, honey, yoghurt and plenty of water for consistency.
  • Emilienewme
    I am going back to work next week so I did a bit of meal prep today

I made a batch of celeriac and cauliflower soup to freeze ready for a quick lunch
    hg6bwj3g25f0.jpg
    ziv4kjvz95qb.jpg

Some homemade healthier granola for breakfast (sorry, no greens but it is really easy to make)
    ff4y0o8uaz6u.jpg

And this was my tea: basa fillet with some brown rice, boiled beetroot and cheese topped courgette
    4fq4bc27kp33.jpg

@mkksemail love looking at your update
  • dannytrees1
    Good morning everyone 🌴🌴🛺🤠
    Shake time
    Chia, Buckwheat and Hemp
    Strawberries
    Roasted flax
    Banana
    Spinach
    Celery
    Cilantro
    Greek yogurt
    Mix
    Then add Cacao nibs on top.
    It’s my Danny boy special 🌴🌴
    Rock on… have a safe fun dayyai9aeskm9pu.jpeg

• SafariGalNYC
    edited August 29
    Awesome eats @dannytrees1 @mkksemail @Emilienewme @BodyTalking

Living up all the fresh seafood 🍤 and greens 🥬 down here in the Caribbean.

Seafood and local greens & veggie stew for lunch.

82vp6tyihssr.jpeg

bz7n9i1rq1hg.jpeg

Early mornin 🏝️ . 🌊 A new day!
  • SafariGalNYC
    Good morning everyone 🌴🌴🛺🤠
    Shake time
    Chia, Buckwheat and Hemp
    Strawberries
    Roasted flax
    Banana
    Spinach
    Celery
    Cilantro
    Greek yogurt
    Mix
    Then add Cacao nibs on top.
    It’s my Danny boy special 🌴🌴
    Rock on… have a safe fun dayyai9aeskm9pu.jpeg

That is some greens inspiration right there!! I’m going to have to try cilantro in my shake!!

Don’t have many add ins while I’m away.. but I love all the omega 3s and minerals in your shake. (Flax, chia, hemp) I try to do a bunch of those - for a host of reasons. 🌿

• SafariGalNYC
    edited August 29
    Grilled chicken with ratatouille Provençal on top.. mixed greens with cucumbers on the side.

Went to hydroponic farm and got a mixture of red oak leaf, red gem, green gem, green oak, red tango and green tango lettuces. 🥬 🌿

ftcpqdhq9940.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    Hey everyone 🤠
    More green for super
    Salad .. Homemade of course.

Lettuce
    Cucumber
    Celery
    Cilantro 💪
    Hemp and that seed I can’t spell
    Starts with a C
    Buck wheat

Splash of dressing
    Feta

Have a great night everyone ck6p2by6s3nl.jpeg
  • dannytrees1
    @SafariGalNYC
    Good work on finding that farm.🤠👍
    The morning shake could be interesting 🌴
    Hope the adventure is going good 👍

@Mkk I hope your trip is going well
    Enjoy your holiday 👍🌴🌴🌴

Everyone keep your greens going
    I believe it’s making a difference to me ..
    Danny