New Members ~ welcome, welcome, welcome! πŸ‘‹

mkksemail
mkksemail Posts: 1,661 Member
edited August 13 in Social Groups
Welcome new members! πŸ˜„πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

This group is born of a May Green Smoothie challenge that a MFP member, Tatilove1988, made last May. @SafariGalNYC and I met there, and as the Newsfeed was dying this summer (OMG can you believe they did that!?), SafariGal came up with the idea to reboot the challenge. The summer was filled with this and that, by both of us, so it took until now to get it started :).

The group will hopefully flesh out, and have more trimmings, but for now, it's brand new, and all you have to do is jump in and start posting your GREENS (and/or other fruits/veggies 😁) on the August challenge thread.

Welcome, and let's see your choices! Cheers,
~ SafariGal and mkk :)
Β«1

Replies

• mkksemail
    Welcome, @DorcasMJackson !! So glad you asked to join us 😍😊 - you found us before we even posted the Group on the Recipes Forum or the Challenges Forum, so I know you're excited to Get Your GREENS, too~1 I am verry bad about my greens, so this challenge group is going to be wonderful for me. And SafariGal is verry good about her greens, just wait until you see her concoctions and read the ingredients lists - you will be inspired!

Cheers,
    ~ mk :)
  • mkksemail
    @tatilove1988 , I've sent you an invite, and am hoping you're going to join! This group is born from the May Green Smoothie challenge that you created last Spring! (wow what a great idea! :D).

Cheers,
  • mkksemail
    Welcome, @Dallasd7820 ! Dallas is my Fitbit friend, from the stepping group formed in Dec '21. She was part of the crew that inspired me to reach my 19-mos long 10k/day stepping streak, which I sadly broke last September, after I fell and injured my knee 🦡

Cheers,
    mk :)
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 314 Member
    Hello all… I’m in on this 🌴🌴🌴
    I’m also a big Smoothie fan… I normally add powder greens, but I like adding new stuff in the blender.
    This morning I threw in some red grapes… it was delicious.
    Congratulations ladies on getting this going again… great work!
    Tomorrow I will add some real greens.
    Have a great day 🌴πŸ’ͺ
  • mkksemail
    I’m also a big Smoothie fan… I normally add powder greens, but I like adding new stuff in the blender.
    Have a great day 🌴πŸ’ͺ

Hello hello hello !!! I'm happy to 'meet' you :). I met SG on a May Green Smoothie challenge, she and Tati really inspired me, but I never made it past the "smoothie curious" stage! I stuck with salads. I've invested in a Vitamix during Amazon Prime Day sales, tho, as well as a long, complicated list of ingredients I got last month from an RN who was in a Prolon FMD Fasting group with me, that included Greens Powder, @dannytrees1 , so I'll be doing greens powder shakes/smoothies with you, for sure! We have an August Get Your GREENS challenge thread going on here. Post your shake, pic/no pic, doesn't matter :).

Cheers!
  • mkksemail
    Welcome, @Dallasd7820 ! Dallas is my Fitbit friend, from the stepping group formed in Dec '21. She was part of the crew that inspired me to reach my 19-mos long 10k/day stepping streak, which I sadly broke last September, after I fell and injured my knee 🦡

Cheers,
    mk :)

LOL, Dallas told me this morning in our Stridekick stepping challenge that she might not be able to make it in - she'd deleted MFP from her phone, and can't remember the password. She said she had 3 other fitness apps on her phone, so she ended up deleting MFP.

We'll see! I'd love my Vegan Stepping Friend to join us :).
  • dannytrees1
    Have a great day 🌴πŸ’ͺ

Hello hello hello !!! I'm happy to 'meet' you :). I met SG on a May Green Smoothie challenge, she and Tati really inspired me, but I never made it past the "smoothie curious" stage! I stuck with salads. I've invested in a Vitamix during Amazon Prime Day sales, tho, as well as a long, complicated list of ingredients I got last month from an RN who was in a Prolon FMD Fasting group with me, that included Greens Powder, @dannytrees1 , so I'll be doing greens powder shakes/smoothies with you, for sure! We have an August Get Your GREENS challenge thread going on here. Post your shake, pic/no pic, doesn't matter :).

Cheers!

• dannytrees1
    Perfect… I see the thread now.
    Thanks for the warm welcome
    πŸŒ΄πŸŒ΄πŸ‘πŸ›Ί
  • mkksemail
    You're most welcome ☺️! I'm so happy to have fellow travelers on this Get your GREENS journey.

And, wonderful, see you there πŸ₯€πŸ˜

• mkksemail
    edited August 15
    Welcome to Get Your GREENS, @BodyTalking ! So happy you're here! >^.^<. BodyTalking is from the Hogwarts Summer Term Challenge (Slytherin Team) that just ended. We were teamies 🐍 together πŸ˜πŸ’š.

SafariGirl (who has been gently coaxing me to return to my GREENS pursuit, intermittently throughout the summer) has already approved your membership. It's nothing fancy here, just sharing your daily GREENS , to get and give inspiration. SG is an artist, you will soon see ! 🀩. We have an August Get Your GREENS Challenge thread underway, jump in :).

Cheers,
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,813 Member
    Thank you @mkksemail
  • mkksemail
    You're most welcome! πŸ€—
  • mkksemail
    Welcome to Get Your GREENS, @BodyTalking ! So happy you're here! >^.^<. BodyTalking is from the Hogwarts Summer Term Challenge (Slytherin Team) that just ended. We were teamies 🐍 together πŸ˜πŸ’š.

SafariGirl (who has been gently coaxing me to return to my GREENS pursuit, intermittently throughout the summer) has already approved your membership. It's nothing fancy here, just sharing your daily GREENS , to get and give inspiration. SG is an artist, you will soon see ! 🀩. We have an August Get Your GREENS Challenge thread underway, jump in :).

Cheers,

Welcome to Get Your GREENS, @filmgal30 ! Tickled GREEN that you've joined us as well. FilmGal is also from the Hogwarts Challenge. She's not in the same house as @BodyTalking and me, tho I can't exactly recall which House she is in, just now 🀩.

Cheers,
  • filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 4,186 Member
    @mkksemail Hello, thanks for the warm welcome! I really need to amp my f/v. I was originally in Slytherin for several terms (it’s my wizarding world house) but for dual houses I am a Slytherclaw so when they needed a prefect I said I would do it. That was for about a year’s worth of terms, but I’m still in Ravenclaw. Shhh-don’t tell, some times I really think hard about switching back. Looking forward to seeing how everyone gets their greens in so I can up my own f/v intake.
  • mkksemail
    Ahhh, you were a πŸ’šπŸβœ¨ Snake ! Slytherclaw - I love it! I thought you were a leader at Hogwarts, but I couldn't recall for certain. I've done two terms now, both summer terms! This new term just starting will be my first "regular" term. Looking forward to it !

Yesss, I really need to amp up my f/v, I'm so grateful to SafariGirl for the idea to start this challenge group up. We have an August Get Your GREENS challenge thread (other veggies, fruits work too!). Jump in, and enjoy the inspiration ! I love it so much. I'm still a Smoothie Virgin, lol. I bought a Vitamix last month, during Amazon Prime Days sale to replace our decades-old blender that was not up to the job, but I haven't jumped in yet. I've stuck to avocado toast, salads, and roasted veggies so far.

We'll be travelling for a couple weeks, starting next Monday (10 days in Istanbul, 4 days in Copenhagen!) - when we get back, I'm unpacking the Vitamix and diving in.

Cheers!
  • mkksemail

Cheers,

Welcome to Get Your GREENS, @filmgal30 ! Tickled GREEN that you've joined us as well. FilmGal is also from the Hogwarts Challenge. She's not in the same house as @BodyTalking and me, tho I can't exactly recall which House she is in, just now 🀩.

Cheers,

Yeaaaa, we have another Snake joining us! πŸ’šπŸβœ¨. @DaffyGirl88 is also from the Hogwarts Challenge Slytherin House Team. Welcome !! We have an August Get Your GREENS Challenge thread up and running, check it out, get some inspo, post your own pix, dive in! :disappointed:

Welcome as well to @daria0919 ! Pleased as broccoli that you both are here πŸ₯¦ 🀣. Are you a Hogwarts Student too, Daria?

Cheers,
  • mkksemail

Cheers,

Cheers,

Yeaaaa, we have another Snake joining us! πŸ’šπŸβœ¨. @DaffyGirl88 is also from the Hogwarts Challenge Slytherin House Team. Welcome !! We have an August Get Your GREENS Challenge thread up and running, check it out, get some inspo, post your own pix, dive in! :disappointed:

Welcome as well to @daria0919 ! Pleased as broccoli that you both are here πŸ₯¦ 🀣. Are you a Hogwarts Student too, Daria?

Cheers,

Ahhh, yes!, @daria0919 is a Snake, too! πŸ’šπŸβœ¨
  • mkksemail

Cheers,

Cheers,

Cheers,

Ahhh, yes!, @daria0919 is a Snake, too! πŸ’šπŸβœ¨

Wooohooooo, @Emilienewme has also joined us from the Hogwarts Challenge, House of Snakes πŸ’šβœ¨πŸ. Welcome, Emilie, Welcome !! Emilie is so talented, y'all - she made an entire dress for the Hogwarts House-wide challenge in the Summer Term !! πŸ‘—πŸ€―πŸ˜πŸ€©πŸ˜Ž

Cheers,
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited August 24

Cheers,

Yes! I am a fellow Slytherin @mkksemail 🐍

• mkksemail
    Wooop! πŸ’šβœ¨πŸ 😎
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,813 Member
    edited August 25
    Hi @daria0919 good to see you here & in Slytherin :)
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Hi @daria0919 good to see you here & in Slytherin :)

Happy to be here @BodyTalking!
  • mkksemail
    Welcome, @gabriellebelmore ! Gabrielle is from my Fitbit stepping group - she was part of the crew that helped me reach my 19-mos 10k/day stepping goal!

She also just joined Hogwart's Challenge, not in Slytherin house, tho. I think maybe Gryffindor? Not sure about that.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,381 Member
    Happy to be here and this is exactly the motivator I need for September! Thanks so much for thinking of me and sending an invite @SafariGalNYC πŸ’š
  • 22DuathlonDon
    22DuathlonDon Posts: 9 Member
    Hello! Thanks for the invite!! I have a green smoothie every morning!
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,673 Member
    Hi all, happy to be here, thanks for the invite
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,353 Member
    @jamcnewman @22DuathlonDon @Hotspur11

Welcome!!!! πŸ€— let the festivities begin! ⚑️πŸ₯¦
  • Nutbugs2
    Nutbugs2 Posts: 83 Member
    Howdy. I have a LOT of weight to loose. I started 1 weeks ago and I am doing a smoothie for breakfast and dinner and then a big pescatarian lunch. So far >7#. I'm hoping to get some smoothie ideas. Looking forward to the festivities
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,353 Member
    Nutbugs2 wrote: Β»
    Howdy. I have a LOT of weight to loose. I started 1 weeks ago and I am doing a smoothie for breakfast and dinner and then a big pescatarian lunch. So far >7#. I'm hoping to get some smoothie ideas. Looking forward to the festivities

Hi @Nutbugs2 - welcome!! Can’t wait to see your smoothies!

I guess it’s smoothie September!
  • aalley5
    aalley5 Posts: 3,230 Member
    Thanks for the invite! Getting enough greens is hard for my digestive system. I do eat a lot of different veggies and fruit. I have a green protein powder I use for my smoothies. It's okay. I have a nice juicer for making veggie fruit juice and do a juice cleanse once a year.
    It looks like the white rabbits is dying. No new members stayed this round. It's a bummer, will see how it goes. We're already starting week 8!
    I hope all is well with you.