Why are you willing to try "Sober October"?

124»

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,283 Member
    @globalhiker You are amazing! You've come so far.
    Same thing happened to me, I overate some candy (before bed) which was a terrible idea. I had a headache from the sugar! I did not eat candy last night And no headache!
  • RubyRed427
    @xbowhunter Bravo! Sparkling water never tasted so good! I'm beginning to love it even more. I put it into a wine glass with an orange slice.

My husband drinks too. He has his cocktails (2) and then before bed a scotch to "help him sleep". I am just not wired that way. He can stop at 2 drinks easily. Wow- what is that like?
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,529 Member
    Like some others here, I am going away with husband, his sister and her partner for weekend at their cabin in the mountains. The 3 of them are drinkers. I'd say her partner has total control. I don't think I have ever seen him drunk. Must be nice; I am not familiar with that feeling at all. Anyway, I am bringing my 00 beer and tons of seltzer and stuff I put in it. I am not even worried at all that I will cave. I am over alcohol. I only have JOMO now. Joy of Missing Out. Happy weekend and peace to all.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,112 Member
    Like some others here, I am going away with husband, his sister and her partner for weekend at their cabin in the mountains. The 3 of them are drinkers. I'd say her partner has total control. I don't think I have ever seen him drunk. Must be nice; I am not familiar with that feeling at all. Anyway, I am bringing my 00 beer and tons of seltzer and stuff I put in it. I am not even worried at all that I will cave. I am over alcohol. I only have JOMO now. Joy of Missing Out. Happy weekend and peace to all.

JOMO! love it I will use that line... lol
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,112 Member
    I have a good one for you all.

My father-in-law is an 80-year-old school Italian. I told him I am now living alcohol free. I can tell by the look on his face he doesn't get the concept.

He tells everyone his doctor said it is good for your blood to drink wine every day. Oh boy he needs a new doctor... lol
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,598 Member
    edited October 4
    I'm thankful for you @RubyRed427 - and the rest of the gang here.
    AF yesterday, of course. I'm not waking up without a stuffy nose, it's nice. But I sleep only for 4.5 hours or so, then just wake up in the middle of the night like my brain thinks it's 6am and it's not.

I love JOMO! Joy of Missing Out, LOL. I'll remember that one on my trip.
    Yesterday I had a craving for a sour flavor so I bought a Sparkling Ice brand zero sugar classic lemonade. It hit the spot. Then I started thinking about making my own lemon-ginger drinks, like in a blender. Guess what Google said:
    "Adding raw ginger to lemon water makes for a health combination that helps in burning belly fat faster due to the presence of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which can help reduce inflammation, boost immunity, and combat oxidative stress in the body".
  • RubyRed427
    edited 11:57AM
    Good morning friends! It's Saturday morning here. I woke up relieved to not to have a hangover (that's two Saturdays in a row) I drank my lemon water, put a load of clothes in the washing machine, poured some coffee. It is a peaceful feeling.

Last night, we had 10 people over for a special occasion; most drank water or seltzer water. Two drank some wine. It was refreshing literally and figuratively. In the past, I didn't notice all the people who just don't drink at a party. I am positive I would have drank at least 1.5 bottles of wine if I was drinking. I simply cannot stop pouring or filling my glass.

13 days AF

Have a great day! @globalhiker I'm looking forward to adding ginger to my lemon water. Can you use powered ginger?

Can't wait to see how everyone is doing this weekend! Weekends are now LONG, because you have endless time to do lots of things without planning your next drink.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,598 Member
    1 month, 4 days AF done. Not feeling grand or sleeping well but I'm making the effort to get dressed and go to the gym for 2 classes maybe it will get my endorphins going and meet up my gym friends there to catch up on gossip.

Now I remember I would drink wine when I wasn't feeling well or needed energy. Tension headache, upset stomach, exhausted, aching and soreness from too much exercise, no problem it only took like half a glass of wine to erase those yukky feelings. But I felt good so didn't stop at half a glass. Wine is just not a good medicine.