Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options
1229230232234235289

Replies

  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Strong work on the run, @Just_Ceci ! I saw an armadillo on my run this morning. I kind of snuck up behind it (not on purpose, lol), but it just stared at me as I ran right past it. I heard somewhere that they jump straight up when startled, but apparently this one had nerves of steel. I have another 10K on Sunday; thankfully, it will be sans bridge this time :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I've been so lazy this week. I haven't been able to drag my butt out of bed. hopefully, tomorrow morning I will be able to. or i have time on sunday. i just have the last week to go.
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i would like to claim the title of "fair-weather runner" for our group. :p

    given that it wasn't raining this morning, i went out for a 8 km jog. i'm trying out two smaller runs (5 and 7/8k) and one long run (10/12k) each week. i just don't have the time for a more structured training plan, and not being able to commit has left me feeling guilty! hopefully i can carve out some DRY, DAYLIGHT hours for running over the winter. ;)

    this morning's workout was great. i've stopped running with music because i absolutely hate the buds falling out of my ears and the wires tangling around my neck. i'd rather spend the money on a new pair of runners than bluetooth earbuds so . . . i'm without music. my pace has increased since the change, what's up with that? it's probably just coincidental.

    i got great personal time for the first 5k (27:48) and managed a consistent pace for the remaining 3k. i'm happy with the improvements i've made regarding endurance and speed, but why do i feel like i'm going SO SLOW? i earned some PBs on this run, and yet felt like i was barely faster than walking speed.

    it would seem, in addition to working on my waterproofing, i also need to adjust my perception of speed.
    :)

    have a great weekend, everyone. happy running!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran yesterday afternoon with a coworker, mostly at her pace- 4 miles in 46:04. It was hot and steamy. This morning, stepped out to go for a bike ride and had to go back in for sleeves. It was so nice! We rode almost 22 miles in just under 90 minutes.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Did Day1 Week1 today.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I ran in my 3rd official 10K this morning....thankfully, there was no bridge this time :) The course was nice and flat on the campus of the University of Houston. The weather was amazing...cool with a light rain (mostly a mist); I honestly couldn't have asked for a better day/course. My time was 1:04:03...I'm pretty consistently running 10 minute (and change) miles so that's encouraging. Here's a pic of me with my race bling...these finisher medals are almost as addictive as the running! Not sure what I'll do with 'em, but I like 'em!! :)

    bu4waj817xcc.jpg
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Skye_NS, well done on all those PBs!
    Maggie, I used to be a fair weather runner but now I love it.
    Taeliesyn, you have really caught the ultra bug haven't you!
    LLduds, well done on your time and your cool medal!

    I had the Loch Ness 10k yesterday. Only ran once last week as my knee ligaments have been sore but I was determined to try my best. Ran a steady first km then pushed hard for 2km. Was starting to struggle so I settled in behind a group running at 5:50 pace (faster than my usual fast run pace) I concentrated on my breathing and relaxing and was comfortable running with them to the 7.5km point where I started to slow. Last km was hard but I finished in 59:44 which means I have reached my 2015 goal!
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Boy, apologies for not being around much, so many interesting stories and successes, you guys are truly inspirational.

    Yesterday I popped my cherry on a full marathon and have put my thoughts here on a separate thread rather than pollute here

    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260138/robin-hood-full

    Will post bling shots later, but first marathon completed, 15 months after starting running and not being able to do 2 minutes straight, in 4hours 25 minutes and 1 second. Oh that 1 second. Have fun guys and hope to be around a bit more.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    well, this weekend i did w14d1 and d2. i knew i was going to be eating a lot so i wanted to be sure to enjoy the food rather than worry about calories...plus i was in wisconsin rapids and they have a great path down by the Wisconsin River. i missed true sunrise but got a few nice shots while running.
    I had no music for d2 and found my pace was quite slow but it was very peaceful and i enjoyed it. Once my pace is better on it's own, I'm looking forward to long runs with no music
    21756354652_f512a54e74.jpg2015-09-27 16.11.59
    21777461941_c2d003a775.jpg2015-09-27 16.10.57
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 what a stunning location. :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    @Aine8046 Welcome! Great job on getting started!
    @LLduds I know you were thankful for the rain this time of year in Houston! Awesome time!
    @romyhorse idut1mt6ihk6.gif
    @ftrobbie Loved reading your run report! I am in awe of anyone who can run that far!
    @moyer566 Beautiful! I've just recently started running with no music. I'm having mixed results.

    Another ride for me yesterday- almost 34 miles. Today I will run!
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    Oh that 1 second.

    Seriously! It's bugging me and it isn't even my time!
    :wink:

    Commented on your other post, but want to say again - WELL DONE!
  • maggiekat7
    maggiekat7 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @moyer566 : i've just transitioned to running without music. i never thought it would be possible, but i don't find it miss it at all.

    @Just_Ceci : have a great run today!

    @Aine8046 : welcome, can't wait to read more from you!

    @romyhorse : way to reach your goal!!!

    @LLduds: your bling posts are great motivation for me!

    I waited for the kids to load the bus for school and then went for a quick run on a new route. I have no idea how far I managed, as my GPS crapped out for 20 minutes of the 28 minutes I was out. Gah! Now I'll have to go tomorrow and check! :p
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »

    I waited for the kids to load the bus for school and then went for a quick run on a new route. I have no idea how far I managed, as my GPS crapped out for 20 minutes of the 28 minutes I was out. Gah! Now I'll have to go tomorrow and check! :p

    Register on Strava or Endomondo or any of the other running sites and you can plot your route. No need to rerun it, you can check it now. Sometimes the tech fails, you still did the run, rejoice that you got out and did it. Well done.

  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    maggiekat7 wrote: »

    I waited for the kids to load the bus for school and then went for a quick run on a new route. I have no idea how far I managed, as my GPS crapped out for 20 minutes of the 28 minutes I was out. Gah! Now I'll have to go tomorrow and check! :p

    Register on Strava or Endomondo or any of the other running sites and you can plot your route. No need to rerun it, you can check it now. Sometimes the tech fails, you still did the run, rejoice that you got out and did it. Well done.

    You can do the same on MapMyRun.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    maggiekat7 wrote: »
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    Oh that 1 second.

    Seriously! It's bugging me and it isn't even my time!
    :wink:

    ....

    ROTFLMAO, I've got over it, it gives me more opportunity to beat it next time ;)

    Have fun

  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Bling

    alVOk3Ul.jpg
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Great work everyone, looking forward to seeing the pictures from home (Damn work blocking!)

    My pacing duties went well over the weekend, I ran the last 47k with my Pacee (in 6:31) and he(we) came in second overall, only 8 minutes behind the winner, legs have been a bit sore since then, but nothing horrendous.
    Unfortunately I now have visions of doing the miler myself... wtf does my brain grab onto these stupid ideas? Next looks like it will be a big one then, 100k somewhere to qualify for the miler, 24hr track race 6 weeks before the miler and then 100 miles. I could theoretically use the 24hr to qualify for the miler, but I'd like to have gone to/over 100k more than once before tackling 100 miles.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »
    Great work everyone, looking forward to seeing the pictures from home (Damn work blocking!)

    My pacing duties went well over the weekend, I ran the last 47k with my Pacee (in 6:31) and he(we) came in second overall, only 8 minutes behind the winner, legs have been a bit sore since then, but nothing horrendous.
    Unfortunately I now have visions of doing the miler myself... wtf does my brain grab onto these stupid ideas? Next looks like it will be a big one then, 100k somewhere to qualify for the miler, 24hr track race 6 weeks before the miler and then 100 miles. I could theoretically use the 24hr to qualify for the miler, but I'd like to have gone to/over 100k more than once before tackling 100 miles.

    You love a challenge and HM doesn't cut it anymore. Awesome work. 100 miles now that is pushing the boat out. The training plan for that is going to be awesome. Well done and once again you are an inspiration, running 47km as a pacer.

    179915.gif




  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    179915.gif

    Dude you deserve that ^^^ more than me.