Daily Check In Thread -- 10k+ version

Options

Replies

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Week 10 Day 1 is finished. I restarted week 9 after my 5k race. Now I'm back on track. Literally!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Finished W3D1 of HHHM2 this morning.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 110 and no matter what pace I run, MFP lists my running at an 11.5 minute mile pace. I assume it is using the calories burned from the Garmin but does anyone know why it always post the same pace?
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    woodwardtm wrote: »
    I have a Garmin 110 and no matter what pace I run, MFP lists my running at an 11.5 minute mile pace. I assume it is using the calories burned from the Garmin but does anyone know why it always post the same pace?

Short answer is : MFP is Stupid!
    Longer answer : MFP has only several 'speeds' and will round your pace to the nearest one.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Zenlabs-Week 11 day 3 done.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    taeliesyn wrote: »
    woodwardtm wrote: »

Short answer is : MFP is Stupid!
    Longer answer : MFP has only several 'speeds' and will round your pace to the nearest one.

For me, it doesn't round to the nearest one, it rounds up to the next level... so if I run an avg pace of 9:03 it will show that my pace was 10. Sometimes it messes with my head, but it does keep me motivated to stay under that next threshold... like the other day, I had a couple miles around 8:50-55 and a couple around 9:05-10, so it pushed me to get that last mile under 9 so I wouldn't show my pace as 10. Haha. But, it would be nice if MFP would fix it so there were different levels that were maybe a half minute a part.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Finished W3D2 of HHHM2 this morning. I've had a sick kid this week so all of my running is going to get squeezed in during the holiday weekend.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    I ran my long run for HHHM2 W3D3 today. I'm visiting my folks in Upper Michigan, so I got to run along Lake Superior for the day.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    HHHM2 W3D4 is done
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    rm82zn3c1mdn.jpg
    Nice little 12Km session this morning. Very slow though.

• upsaluki
    Options
    rm82zn3c1mdn.jpg
    Nice little 12Km session this morning. Very slow though.

Nice!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    [/quote]For me, it doesn't round to the nearest one, it rounds up to the next level... so if I run an avg pace of 9:03 it will show that my pace was 10. Sometimes it messes with my head, but it does keep me motivated to stay under that next threshold... like the other day, I had a couple miles around 8:50-55 and a couple around 9:05-10, so it pushed me to get that last mile under 9 so I wouldn't show my pace as 10. Haha. But, it would be nice if MFP would fix it so there were different levels that were maybe a half minute a part.[/quote]

I am running in the high 9 to low 10 minute range and it always comes in at 11.5 minute range. It is frustrating when you know you are running faster than that.

I ran a 5K yesterday that I ran last year and cut 3 1/2 minutes off my time! I came in at 30:45 which was very good for me for the course. Someday maybe I will break that 30 minute mark.
  • rusgolden
    Options
    @woodwardtm Congrats and nice finish for your 5K! -- I get it with the issue with MFP timing... the jump from 10 to 11.5 is pretty big, so when your average comes in at 10:01 or higher, it jumps to the next level, which is 11.5. Frustrating for sure!
  • upsaluki
    Options
    HHHM2 W4D1 done today. Trying to keep on schedule this week.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is where I was racing the other week.

https://youtu.be/8vckWcemiyo
  • upsaluki
    Options
    @MeanderingMammal Looks very scenic.

I was able to get HHM2 W4D2 done today.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    HHHM2 W4D3 is in the books. Long slow run this weekend. I think it bumps up to 7 miles this week.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Finished my HHHM2 W4D4 today. It was a very nice run.
  • upsaluki
    Options
    Knocked out my HHHM2 W5D1 today. I'll be running a half marathon before I know it.
  • rusgolden
    Options
    @upsaluki -- you're doing great on your HM training! Keep it up!