Introductions

Options

Replies

• sashagaye82
    Options
    Hi, Im Marsha, 31, married, no kids yet. I weigh 220, my highest weight yet. For a long time I have been around 190ish, now im 220. I need to get this under control before it skyrockets. I want this to be the most I ever weigh. My goal is to get to 170..I am working out, trying my best to eat right..share any tips or tricks that might help, thanks and hello everyone
  • AnnaZimm70
    AnnaZimm70 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Anna. I am 43, have 2 daughters, and a busy, full-time desk job. I signed up with mfp quite some time back, but stopped (I can't recall why) and am just now starting back up. I am hoping being a part of this group will keep me motivated!

I am 5'7" and weigh 190. My initial goal is to get down to 160. I may continue thereafter, but taking things a step at a time. I ran a lot a until summer of 2012 when I got off track (my husband hurt his foot so he wasn't running with me, we were moving, etc.). I want to start this back up as well.
  • NoteboomKelsey
    NoteboomKelsey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

My name is Kelsey. I am 20 ill be 21 in a few months and I am a full time student at Michigan State University. I'm am 5'2" and Im at my HW at 198. My goal is to get down to 130-120. I use to be super active in high school dancing almost 40 hours a week and teaching kids 2-6 gymnastics. Since college I have gained a ton of weight from all of the late night eating and going out. I signed up for mfp a long time ago, but I am ready to get serious about losing this weight and I'm going to need all the help I can get to get to my goal. I want to show all of my friends and family that I can do it and lose 20lbs by Christmas (which happens to be my birthday, so it will be a birthday present to myself!)
  • mentalmunchie
    mentalmunchie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chavela. I'm a 25 year old graduate student studying Marriage and Family Therapy. I have a busy schedule between work, school, and internship but I'm really trying to find time to get exercise in and eat healthy. I completed Couch 2 5k a couple of years ago and did Bridge to 10k this summer and ran my first 10k in August. My goal is to run a half marathon by this time next year. I currently weigh 178. I'm not sure what my goal weight is but I'd be super happy to drop 20 pounds by Christmas.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 'Tylee a 28 year old stay at home mum with a 9 year old girl and a nearly 3 year old Autistic boy. I have struggled with my weight since my first pregnancy, and it has gotten really bad in the last 3 years. My starting weight was 96.6 kilos (212.9 pounds) Currently I am 92.9 (204.8) and my goal weight is 60 to 65 kilos. (132 to 143)

I am walking 5 days a week for cardio, doing a 30 day weights challenge for strength, and doing fit ball and Pilates for flexibility.
  • katiecoffee
    katiecoffee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi friends!

I'm a 22-year-old recent grad who's working my first job in the newspaper industry! I've discovered that the real world involves a LOT of sitting at a desk, so I'm back on MFP trying to lose this new desk weight. Not cool!

I'm 5'10" with a starting weight of (gasp!) 196. Again, not cool! I've lost 10 pounds since then, so starting now I'm setting a fairly conservative Christmas goal of 170. If I could get down to that, it would be the best Christmas present EVER!

Oh, and in a fit of drunken inspiration I decided to run the LA Marathon. I've done a half marathon before and can't wait to recreate the feeling I had at the end. Soooooo, I need to do a LOT of running and would love any extra motivation!

I'm getting serious about this MFP thing, so please feel free to add me as a friend! Looking forward to achieving our goals together!
  • Shannah256
    Shannah256 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My names Shannah. I'm a student from uk and i want to get slim by christmas!!
    Start weight 205
    Current weight 175
    Goal weight 150
    Height 5ft 10
    Feel free to add me :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi all :-)

I have 30 lbs to go (halfway, yay!) so would love to ditch 20ish lbs by Christmas, but would be over the moon to hit my first goal of 12 stone 2 (12:2 or 170 pounds) which is a 16 lb loss.

SW: 217
    CW: 186
    GW: 155
    Stats: 44yo female, 5ft 9
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Steve a 41 year old 238lb man from England.

I've just started using MFP properly after finding inspiration in these forums - I've had the app on my phone for ages but never really used it. I'm looking forward to the weight loss challenge.

I'm used to challenging myself, but usually physically (which gives me a good excuse to eat) - I learnt how to run (C25K) and ran 2 half marathons. I've done various cycling challenges including cycling 450 miles around Europe in 4 days and this summer I cycled 160 miles and climbed a mountain in Wales all in 24 hours for charity. I've done all the training and the challenges and managed not to lose any weight thanks to my skewed view of food as a reward for exercising.

I think the key thing for me and weight loss it to monitor what I'm eating and making sure I keep at a calorie deficit - seems to be working these last 2 weeks - hope it continues.
  • KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Sarah, I'm 5ft 4, 20 years old and a medical student from England.

I'm (a shocking) 173lbs and want to lose weight to feel more comfortable in my own skin, I shouldn't be feeling this tired or this miserable and something has to change... Me!

I'm looking forward to starting this journey with you all.
  • Pegsworld1
    Pegsworld1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm so happy to find a group with similar goals as myself! I am 32 years old and have a toddler who just turned 2. My goal is to feel like me again - happy and healthy.

I gained a whopping 80 lbs while pregnant (wasn't the easiest pregnancy) and managed to lose most of the weight within my babies first year. I am feeling quite depressed about the fact that I weighed the exact same at this time last year and haven't lost a single Pound over an entire year... time to stop being lazy, making excuses and LOSE SOME WEIGHT!

My prebaby body was 125lbs at 5'6. Currently I am 145 and would love to get back to some form of my old body by December.

I'm excited to get started and have the support of you all! Feel free to reach out to me for advice, support, motivation, fitness tips, etc

Peggy :)
  • aatlchavens
    aatlchavens Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amanda. I'm a 31 yr old Coastie wife, mom of 3, and student. I have PCOS and tend to lose weight very, very slowly (which is why it has taken me three years to lose almost 60 lbs, with only ups and downs of the same 5 lbs over the last year) but I'm tired of this. I've been stuck at about 160-165 for the last year and want to be at my goal by Christmas. You guessed it....another 20 lbs.

I'm fairly active. I run a few times a week, I am doing ChaLean Extreme for the 2nd time, I play softball in the summer and am planning on playing volleyball this fall/winter. I just want to get back to my pre-kids weight!
  • Sunshinedreamr
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Jessica. :) I'm a 26 year old grad student who also works and has an internship. Three years ago I dropped 30 pounds on Weight Watchers, and in the last few months have managed to gain 10 of those pounds back. I don't want all that hard work I put in on WW to go to waste so here I am! I currently weigh 153, so if I can lose 20 pounds by Christmas, I will pretty much be at my goal. :) I've also gotten into running over the past few years -- I completed Couch to 5k a couple years ago and just recently completed Bridge to 10k. I'd really love to start incorporating more weight lifting into my exercise routine. But more than anything, I think I just need to stay motivated when it comes to healthy eating.
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Suzy and 25 year old PhD student, I have been overweight all my life but after coming back from America and weighing my heaviest, I have lost 85 pounds but there is still more to go, I am currently on 158lbs so losing 20lbs by Christmas would be the best Christmas present ever! I am active and do spinning/pilates/yoga/gym/swimming/running.
    Also am always happy for more friends for support and motivation :)
    Good luck everyone we can do this!
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Jessica and I'm 31 and a stay at home mom. I have yo you dieted several times and I'm ready to put that to a stop. My goal is to be at 198 by Christmas eve. I have about 18.4lbs to go. I have to start making goals for myself in order to stay on track. I look forward to making this goal with all of you by my side. :happy:
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm a married mom of 2 little boys. I'm a nurse, but I work part-time- no excuse for me to not workout. :embarassed: I have gained 65 lbs since having our youngest son 3.5 years ago. The weight during pregnancy was easy for me to lose, apparently it's afterwards that's been the problem. The weight thing isn't new to me- I've struggled since my teen years. I want it gone for good.

I know that 20 lbs gone by Christmas is a perfectly feasible goal!
  • boflexn
    boflexn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow fat busters! Im a 49 yr old nurse,Im also a retired fitness/bodybuilder competitor {yes we get old and fall of the wagon too! lol} Ive been in great shape most of my life, then ''life happened''over the last 3 years {divorce death of mom relocation's closing of bizz,menopause} as a result I put on 37lbs of ''grief weight'',in 2 years,Im ready to let it all go,Im no victim nor do I wanna look like 1.... I went back into the gym this year with ALL my wisdom of fitness and diet with very little results and it frustrated me,went to doc and discovered I was post menopausal,and chronically deficient in lots of stuff,so now Im back! Im just starting and plan to diet down 1st 2 weeks,then go back into the gym, I am a true ''lover'' of weight training and even in my dark hours Ive always continued to lift,I was just eating cake while I was doing it hahaha... Im turning ''50'' right before Xmas and I refuse to take this weight into the 2nd half of life,plus I have ''a great wardrobe Id like to get back into,my mission is to wear my guess jeans (that I haven't worn in 2 years) on Christmas day,Im on a serious mission,Im trying to get back2me,I welcome all friends on a journey as well,MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US!! woohoo!
  • BeckyJo19
    BeckyJo19 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm Becky...31 yrs old, 5'9". I'm a mom of 2 little ones and I work full time at a desk job. So far I've lost 50 lbs on my journey. 20 more lbs would put me very close to where I want to be. Really excited about this group!
  • Lizzy0657
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Lizzy!!! I am 45 years old...married with no children. Unless you can call having 3 Kitties children. I do. I call them my babies. I love them. Anyhoo, I am woman who has alot of health problems...and I really need to lose weight...so I may have a better quality of Life. I was told that if I dont do something now....I can die at a very young age. And I dont want that to happen.

I have alot of things going on in my life....when it comes to my Health...And one being that I am PKU. PKU is a metabolic disorder that you are born with. And I have suffered with it all my life. And finally these days they have come up with a New Drug to help treat my disorder and make me feel better. So, I guess you could say I am a guniea pig. I have my own Special PKU Dietitian...and Genetic Dr working with me with my diet. My dietitian and I have decided to start making daily Food Journals. Which I believe will help me out alot. Because I have let myself go for a very long time. I couldnt focus on anything else but my PKU for the past 10-15 years. I am finally feeling alot better with the new Meds. Praise God!!!

Now, I want to focus more on what exactly I am eating....how much...and try to keep track of it all Daily. Also, I do not exercise at all. This is a Huge Problem that I have...because I am so Lazy. And I need alot of motivation...for me to get up and do something. So, I saw this group....and so how wonderful you all are doing just by joining.....and wanting to make the Best of It. I love that. I need to make the Best of it also.

I dont work....I am disabled because of My PKU. And I am hoping that one day I can go back to work. (but one step at a time).

I look forward to getting to know everyone on here. And I would like to say NICE TO MEET ALL OF YOU!!!!

WOULD LOVE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS TOO!!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!! AND YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Lizzy!!!!
  • Lizzy0657
    Options
    I am 242 pounds....and my Goal is to get down to 155 pounds!!!! I this is where I am most comfortable. Good luck everyone!!!