Introductions

Options

Replies

• halloweenie09
    halloweenie09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello.
    My name is Tiffany and I am 33 years old living in Los Angeles, CA. July 2013, I decided to finally get serious about my weight loss, again (I lost 70 pounds in 2006 while on Weight Watchers but have gained it all back). I just joined MFP yesterday, found this challenge and instantly joined the group. I always like to participate in challenges because of the encouragement, tips and tricks and generally feeling of community that I can receive and give to others.
    My starting weight was 256 and I am now 239. Don't know what my end goal is yet so right now I am just focusing on eating the right amount of calories and going to the gym 4 - 5 times a week. However, I am determined to lose 20 pounds by Christmas so I can find a cute new dress for my birthday/New Year's celebration in Las Vegas (crazytown!).
    I am looking forward to meeeting and supporting each and everyone one of you. Feel free to friend me, I'm super fun! :tongue:
  • susmita29
    susmita29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Susmita, I'm almost 39, 5'1", married, with a 4 year old and 6 month old. I'm trying to lose the baby weight to fit in my old clothes. I have about 25-30lbs left to go (currently 151, would love to eventually get to 125 pre-child weight), and have lost 14lb so far. I sit at a computer job all day, so getting exercise in can be difficult sometimes. I've been really putting in the effort to workout 4-5 days a week, and now trying 2x/day (early am and lunch or after work before getting the kids). I would love to make the 20lb by x-mas goal, but even 15 would be great!
  • christienyca
    Options
    Hi! My name is Christie. I am so excited to find this group! I turned 33 this week and I decided this is going to be the year I get back on track. I have two awesome daughters ages 4 and 5 and while pregnant my weight sky rocketed to 220 pounds. It took me two years to get down to 124 pounds (my lowest weight ever). Unfortunately since then I gained back 40 pounds. I have consistently worked out during the time I gained back the 40 pounds, but I have not been eating great. The goal of loosing 20 pounds by Christmas will be a perfect starting point for me.

My plan is to get five workouts in per week, eat healthy, track my food and weigh in weekly. I am so happy to find a group of people with the same goals to help me stay on track. I know we can do it!
  • monkepinay
    monkepinay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lucy and I'm 26. My start weight was a little over 223, and I'm currently somewhere between 211.8 (yesterday) and 213 (today). I'm quoting Krista down there because I'm in the same boat as her. I started using MFP a while back, but not very consistently. I started using for real on August 5th when I was at 221.6.

My main goals for losing weight is because I have a lot of health problems that make it very difficult for me to conceive a child, and that's all I really want in life... right now.
    My name is Krista. I'm 33 years-old and TIRED of feeling like crap all the time. My starting weight was 225 and my current weight is 215. so I'm currently down 10 pounds...which is amazing!! I started using MFP (for real) on July 22! I've decided to join this challenge so I can be held a little more accountable...I don't have the motivation I was hoping to have, but I'm slowly getting into it more!
  • no_more_weighting
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Eliska, I'm 32 and I'd love to lose 20 lbs before Christmas! :-) I'm currently 204 lbs (only 4 to go and I'll be so happy to see the dreaded number start with 1.) My GW is 150 lbs and the heaviest I've ever been was 220 lbs. I've recently found out I'm a Celiac and changing my diet has totally changed my life (for the better!) :-) I do agility with my chi/yorkie and that's also one of the reasons I want to be fitter & a better runner. I've started the C25K program not long ago and it's really helping me. Feel free to add me and be strong everyone, we can totally do this!! :-)
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I'm Suzanne, live in Toronto, 42 (but don't act it) and would LOVE to hit my goal weight by Christmas. More realistic would be 15 lbs. I started MFP on January 2, 2013, once I got over my hangover. :D

F, 42, 5'8"
    SW: 240
    CW: 183
    GW: under 160

I work a desk job, so find it's easy to stay on track with breakfast & lunches during the week. Dinners and weekends are way more difficult. Plus, I love to cook, eat and drink. The solution is so simple, I don't know why I only just figured it out now: rather than just sitting around, eating & drinking with friends - go exercise hard with them first, THEN sit around and eat & drink! I've embraced this new lifestyle, and have had the most fun summer of my life! I've started C25K, started mountain biking, started taking my bike camping with me, and ran my first mini-triathlon a couple weeks ago. I really regret not figuring this out in my 20s - I've missed out on SO MUCH FUN!

I play hockey year-round 2-4X a week (2 league nights + shinny) , am a newbie runner, a great swimmer, slow and tentative MTB (just need to fall once and learn it's not as bad as I'm afraid of), sometimes ride my bike to work (weather permitting) and really should get back into yoga if I can find the time!

Feel free to add me if I seem like your kind of friend. Just reference this group so I know who you are!

We can do this together!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Erin and I am turning 31 next month. I currently weigh 172 and am 5'4. My ultimate goal weight would be around 138. I have a gorgeous 2.5 year old son who deserves a more active mommy! My husband has committed to a better lifestyle so we are doing this together. I had been doing really well last winter then gained 10lbs over the last few months. I always struggle in the summers and just found out that my thyroid function has dropped yet again. I had my thyroid removed nearly a year ago and am still struggling to find the right dosage to keep my hormones stable.

I am committed to this goal as we want to give our son a little brother or sister soon. So when I lose the 20lbs I will be that much healthier and in a much better position to have an enjoyable pregnancy. I've printed out a four month calendar with my mini-goals and I'm starting prenatal vitamins so IT'S ON!!!!!
  • mira2602
    mira2602 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Mira, 34, and of 2 little angels:). (1&3y).

I am round 180pounds, will have to weight myself tommorrow to update it, and really would like to loose some weight.
    During my second pregnancy I managed to reach 230pounds, but lost round 50 pounds withing 6 months.
    But from then, I reached my plateu for 6 months.

I know I have to watch my calories, but my effort kind of last only few days, and most of times its impossible with 2 very active kids. So please keep me accountable for my food.
    Really glad for this group, looking forward to loosing those 20 pounds:)
  • meowmezzo
    meowmezzo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow challengers,

I'm Mel and I'm the one that decided to create this group :love: I have been overwhelmed by the love and support that has been coming my way and I am so excited about joining you all on this mission to a freer, happier, carefree and lighter existence!

I am 30, from London, born in New Mexico and living in Germany- so I feel like I am a little bit from everywhere all over the world ;-) I am also an opera singer by day and studying to be a Nutritionist by night :smile:

As a strong independent woman, I am ready to start my life now and am ready to let go of the lbs that are holding me back, emotionally, physically, spiritually and probably financially too.

Reading all your stories makes me so proud of everyone out there, we all DESERVE to feel FANATSTIC every single day and that includes being good to our bodies and our souls.

I want to keep the support flowing, so feel free to log into my blog, where I will share ideas and little freebies a couple of times a week.

:heart: Sending you all huge love and support! :heart: LET'S LOSE 20LBS BY CHRISTMAS! :love:

Your,

Mel :-) xxx

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/meowmezzo
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Cristyn and I live in the Seattle area. A few years ago I had lost about 30 lbs, but I've gained most of that back over the last year or so, which is pretty depressing. I joined MFP at the beginning of the summer, if I remember right, but this summer has been a very crazy and hectic one, so I've had a hard time being able to be consistent. Anyway, I'd LOVE to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. Good luck everyone!
  • suzz2lose
    suzz2lose Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My name is Sue. I am probably the oldest person on this challenge at 73. I don't feel 73 (nor act it so I am told) but I look it!...I am a recently retired Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a lot of knowledge about "why" we gain weight. Trust me, knowing WHY doesn't automatically mean you can solve the problem. Since my retirement, I have focused a lot on figuring out which behaviors and which foods caused me to have an almost addictive relationship with food.....I have discovered the power of sugar and refined foods ! I put into action a food plan that strictly limits cookies, doughnuts, desserts, etc........I limit my total carbohydrates each day and it has resulted in me gaining more control over what I put into my mouth. I am so relieved to feel that I am more in control......Let's hear it from all the control freaks out there......LOL......I have set a goal to lose 20 pounds by December 25th.....so I can shopping on the day after Christmas and buy new clothes.......Longer terms goals include having surgery in the spring of 2014........To everyone I hope you do well.....May everyone be a LOSER, thereby becoming a WINNER.......Don't give up......
  • RachelGraceReed83
    RachelGraceReed83 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Rachel. I am married and have two little girls (9 & 5). I work full time, I'm a PTO Mom, soccer mom, ect... I am busy all the time. My workouts have to be in the early morning before anyone else is up or late in the evening. I've been at this weight loss thing for a while now. I will usually do good for a while and be happy with my progress then I let life get in the way and I go back to my bad habits, gain back what I've lost and have to start all over again. :grumble: I'm ready for the cycles to end. I want to do this once and for all.

I am currently at 160'ish with hopes of getting back to 140. Most of all I just want to be fit and healthy.
  • bclassie
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Leah and I'm a librarian. About 4 yrs ago I lost 50 lbs, starting at 220 and ending at 170. I kept it off for a couple years and slowly regained 30 lbs. Now I've been staying around 200 for a while. I'd love to get those 30 lbs back off again and getting down to 150 would be even more wonderful.

I'm hoping to stay active once winter hits. I live in the north and winter is not my favorite time of the year. Looking forward to this challenge.

Leah
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hello group!

I'm a 37 year old wife and mommy to a beautiful baby boy and I run my own business. I have steadily gained weight since I was about 19, but it was never drastic enough to make me want to do much but exercise (I love zumba and dance DVDs). While doing IVF last year I gained almost 15lbs and then went up 198 when pregnant. I lost almost 35lbs within the first 3 months of my son's life, but then started a medication called domperidone for milk production and I gained almost 20 lbs right back again. I am just over 180 right now.

I would love to get back to 140 pounds, which is what I was when I got married 13 years ago. Because I am breastfeeding I am careful not to cut out too many carbs or fat and I have to add in an extra 500 calories for breastfeeding or I lose my milk supply. So I find it challenging to balance this.

I plan on starting the 30 Day Shred videos next week. So if anybody is interested in joining me let me know. :-) Right now I walk for exercise.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Terri - 45 year old daughter, sister, friend, community volunteer, wife and working mother of two grown children. For years I have put everyone else first and now it is time for me! When the kids were young I used to stop by the family farm a couple of times a week and regardless of how long it had been since their last visit, my two would kick up a fuss about leaving. Dad's response to the commotion, "You can't come back if you never leave".

Today his words are motivation for me, I have been physically fit most of my life, when I met my husband 12 years ago I was at the top of my healthy weight range at 158 lbs. Since then I have struggled to fit exercise into my routine and I have watched the scale creep up little by little each year. At a recent annual checkup my doctor suggested that I should lose some weight. I would have never used the word "obese" to describe myself but . . . newsflash . . . my doctor did and at 5'7" I learned that I reached the point of being obese 11.3 lbs ago.

Although I feel healthy now and don't feel like the extra lbs. have negatively impacted me research has shown that the extra lbs. put me at increased risk for: cancer, particularly endometrial, breast, and colon; diabetes; heart disease; high blood pressure; liver and gallbladder disease; osteoarthritis; sleep apnea and respiratory problems; and stroke.

I am excited to participate in this challenge as I think that it will be a great motivator to see me through the end of another challenge that I am in with my son - he is trying to save 15% of his gross pay and I am trying to lose 46 lbs. We started July 1st so we are just about at the halfway point. I have a MFP blog called - A Mom, Her Son and One Life-Changing Wager - in which I post recipes and weight loss related tips, as well as, host guest bloggers on a variety of different topics - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat
  • littlelady62
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Linda and I am 63 yrs young :laugh: I am a daughter, sister, aunt and great aunt. I started having a weight problem in 1984, my father passed away in 1983 and then I started turning to food to help comfort me. So by then I went from 140 lbs to 179 lbs. Then I met this man and we had a wonderful relationship for 9 yrs, then suddenly it ended. Then once again I was eating again to find my comfort. Then 41 more lbs added. Then this man and I started seeing each other again in 2005 and he asked me to move in with him, then all the cooking I was doing (because he is a big eater) more weight added once again 12 lbs. So that is a total of 232 lbs. :embarassed:

Now I have found some wonderful people (MFP) to help and motivate. I was on MFP in Aug 2012 and then 3 months after joining I feel and broke my hip. I lost around 18 lbs during that time. Then once again turning to food for comfort. But I am back and looking forward to meeting more friends.

This is the first time I decided to do a challenge and I have been really excited about this one. I can hardly wait for Saturday to see what I have lost. If there is anyone that would like to friend me it would be a pleasure:smile:

I'm praying that everyone is doing well and will reach their goal.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...I am happy to be here and get a little more accountability. My name is Theresa...I am 52 years old. I am a stay at home mom of 6, with 3 left at home. I had lost close to 50lb and have gained back about 20 :/ (lots of family stuff) So I am here to get rid of that 20 before Christmas. Last fall I started C25K. It is awesome and now I am running 4-5 miles a day 6 days a week. My problem is that when I run that far, in the back of my mind I give myself permission to eat too much. I have increased my calories from 1200 - 1500 per day, but often go over that. So with this challenge maybe I will be able to stick to the 1500 :) I am working on a marathon training program, not sure that I will ever run a marathon, but I am enjoying increasing distance and decreasing my times!! Good luck to everyone, feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Thanks for being here.
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lesa and I am 52 years old. My 2 children are grown, my daughter is out of the house and my son still lives at home but with his job he is only at home 1 week out of the month.

Last year I lost 40 pounds on WW and have managed to keep most of it off, I have 2 pounds or so that I keep losing and gaining over and over. Hopefully this challenge will get me past those 2 pounds and motivate me to lose much more.

My husband and I are avid Geocachers so we do a lot of hiking to find caches when the weather isn’t too hot. We love to go up into Arkansas and hit the state parks for hiking and caching. We have also just started kayaking and we love getting out on the lakes and bayous in the area in our boats. I have been trying to walk as often as possible but with the hot summer here I haven’t gotten in much, mostly just on the weekends when I can get out early. It’s supposed to be in the 90’s again this week so it doesn’t look like I will be able to walk outside again this week. I am finally joining a gym this week so I can get in some cardio even when it’s hot outside and also start with some strength training. Many years ago I did strength training and loved it so I am looking forward to starting that up again.

My goal for now is to be in Onederland by my 53rd birthday on December 19th so that goes great with this challenge since I am currently at 222 pounds. My ultimate goal is to be at 150 by this time next year because my daughter is getting married in November (2014) and I would love to be a much smaller size when I start shopping for my “Mother of the Bride” outfit.
  • Cowgal23
    Cowgal23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Jessica. I am 23 years old and work full time as an accounting assistant. A year and a half ago I lost about 40lbs with having a very active job and did it on my own; however with this desk job I have gained all of that back. This time though I'm looking to have more motivation and support from others so I can lose the weight and not gain it back. I'm currently 234lbs and looking to be about 210lbs by Christmas, and I know with all of your support I will be able to make it happen. I work alot of overtime so it makes it hard to get out and walk, but I try to walk 3 miles (which involves alot of hills) at least 3 times a week. I am starting to run part of that walk; however I do have knee and back problems which makes exercising a little more difficult for me.

Add me if you like and I look forward to completing this challenge with everyone.
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have started this weight lost journey around the same time last year. This year had been a bad year for me and I gained 10 lbs. I have not exercise regularly for 6 months and just eat whatever I wanted. I need to get back on track and start living for myself. I am currently 139 and hope to drop to 125 or lower my body fat by 5-10%. Let's motivate each other especially when the holiday session is just around the corner. To stay fit and eat health!