Participant Updates

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Hi everyone,

Welcome to October's Ultimate Accountability Challenge.

To kick things off, tell us a little about yourselves.

I'll start--

I'm caradae. I've been leading this challenge since June, and although I've made it through only one month, I've lost 20 lbs. just attempting to do this challenge for four months. I'm happy with my results so far, but I'm going to give it my all this month--I want to enter the holiday season with strong will power and firmly in the habit of eating moderately.

Well, that's it for me. I'm looking forward to kicking caloric butt this month along with the rest of you.

Replies

• Limbo2012
    Limbo2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

This will be my fourth attempt at this challenge with only one successful month so I'm determined to give it another go! I'm hoping to lose those remaining nasty and pesky pounds before Christmas. Wouldn't that make for an awesome gift to myself?!

I'm a 47 year old crazy busy full time working mom of two 'overly' active teenagers ... need I say more! I've started Shaun T FocusT25 program and although this is a 25 min/day program, I need the accountability!! So let's get the party started and trash those lbs for good! WE CAN DO THIS!

Sending out a big HUGE Thank you to caradae for hosting this challenge!

Have a great day everyone! See you all Tuesday! :smile:
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like challenges.I am Bhavani, 54 years old, recent home maker(quit the job in India).I love ll the rules and they are quite interesting,one thing I want to know ...how can or where can we enter our daily activities , both food and exercise?Thank you for organizing the group.
  • caradae
    Options
    Hi Limbo! I'm so glad to see you back! :)

bhsishtla, welcome to the group! Every day, beginning on October 1st, I will post daily sign-in threads that will look like this:

Did I stay within my calorie budget?
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I keep track of everything I consumed?

All you need to do is copy the questions, paste in them into your reply, and answer them. Very easy. :)
  • byena2
    byena2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Group,
    I usually use the mobile app, but I had time today to update my status. I am a full time RN , online student, and full time mom I'm going to really enjoy taking on this challenge with everyone, just getting started and I'm feeling good will start checking in on tuesday and at least every other day this month !!:smile::wink:
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've been binging a lot lately and making up excuses not to eat healthy so I think this challenge will be good for me.
    I am currently 120 pounds and my goal weight is 105 hopefully by the end of Feb. i am trying to lose weight very gradually as you can see:smile: So far I've lost 10 pounds since I started working towards my goal - hopefully I can keep going!
    I joined MFP near the end of August and I'm really liking it so far!
  • caradae
    Options
    Welcome, byena and cherries. :)
  • walkerdan1
    Options
    Hello all... Over the past couple of years I've lost 60lbs. I've noticed in the past month some old/bad habit's are creeping back in so it is time to pay attention to what I am doing. This group is a great way for me to get back on track and be accountable. I am 53 years old and I love to walk and will be doing my first 1/2 marathon on Oct. 20th. My husband has been encouraging me to ride a bike more. I ride at the gym but trail riding is still a challenge for me.

Glad to be part of the group.
  • caradae
    Options
    Hi, walkerdan. 60 lbs.! Wow! Glad to have you in the group. :)
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shellan. The pounds have slowly bee coming on the last few months I think about 15 of them and I want to blast them off with this challenge.
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)
    I´ve been doing these challenges since June. It´s been a great motivation for me to stay focused and it helped me to lose 4,5 kg, which is 1/3 of the amount I want to get rid of, it´s a slow, but steady progress, so thank you caradae, for making me move more and forget about my sit-on-the-couch-all-day-doing-nothing-but-eating-and-watching-TV sundays I used to have.

Good luck to all taking part in October, you can do this
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Helloo Everyone:

I am a teacher at a day care center; I need to lose at least 80 pounds in order to have a normal BMI.

This is my first time joining this group; it sounds like it will keep me on track. I appreciate your dedication to the October Challenge; I hope to stick with the group rules.

Good Luck to all!!!
  • fitTP32
    fitTP32 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile:
    I am a new mom of the cutest baby and full time nursing student. I gained a ton of weight during my pregnancy. I have lost 35 lbs so far and I have another 30 pounds to go. I am struggling with eating well and getting to the gym. I have my graduation in December and I would love to look awesome and feel confident. I also want to be a healthy role model to my baby girl. She is only two months but she watches everything.

Thanks for starting this challenge
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone.

I am gus130. October will be my third Ultimate Challenge. I started in August, stayed with it, and lost 18 pounds. Now in September, I have been true to the program and lost another almost 12 pounds. I hope to lose 10 more pounds in October.

I love the idea of having to check in every day. It keeps me motivated and in charge of my own health. It makes me really think about what I eat for each meal. I started out using my aerodyne exercise bike 20 minutes a day, all though August. In September I upped the exercise to 30 minutes a day. Now in October, I think I will need to up the exercise again, to 40 minutes a day, just to keep a good loss going. When I started, I would get off the bike after 20 minutes, and just about fall into the couch, out of breath and sore. Now I can hop off after 30 minutes and go about my business. Much better.

The challenge has been great. The best part is that I am feeling better. I have tons (well, maybe not “tons” but really a lot) of weight left to lose, and I sincerely hope caradae keeps the Ultimate Challenge going.

I wish everyone here the best in their journeys!
  • walkerdan1
    Options
    When I first started loosing weight 2 years ago I could hardly walk a mile. Every part of my body hurt when I did it. I have lost 60 lbs and currently can easily walk 10 miles and I'm 53. Even those of us in our 50's are capable of amazing things and our bodies really want to do them. They don't want to sit on the couch they were made to move. So keep pedaling that bike, I just started using the bike at the gym and do 40 minutes and hope to build up to an hour. Every added minutes counts.

I'm looking forward to getting October started.
  • louwright2013
    louwright2013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

This is the first time I have done this challenge and I think it may be just what I need. I have been trying to lose around ten pounds and over the last month I keep losing and then gaining back the same couple of lbs.

I am a recently married mum of one 14 year old boy and have a 11 1/2 stone english mastiff called Samson. I have no support at home with my weight loss and my hubby believes that golf is exercise. As I am an emotional eater I do find that I have quite a tendancy to fall of the wagon when something gets to me.

Love exercising particularly enjoy doing Bodycombat classes and pump fx and I am starting to do my own gym plan in the gym itself just need to get a grip on the food side of things.

Cant wait to start :-)
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..
    My name is Kristine.
    This is my first Ultimate challenge.. I hovered over the JOIN button for quite a few minutes and then had a light bulb moment..What have I lose?? So here I am..pumped and excited to get this going..I have been a 'dieter' since my teens and now changing my mindset. For me it is not having forbidden foods, but making room for them in my day as well as not over indulging..(We have Canadian Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks....ugh) Exercise is a part of my daily routine..It feels great after its all finished and it great for my mental health..

I am looking forward to finishing this challenge at the end of the month with all of you!! Best of luck..
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Renee and I am 43. This is my first time joining this challenge and I am very excited. My friend signed me up on MFP site about a year and a half ago, but I only started using it a couple of weeks ago. I need to lose about 30lbs and thought this would be a great way to get me focused. Thank you for starting this group. :happy:
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Greetings and best wishes to all who take part in this challenge!

My name is Via and im 26. I've been on MFP for a year, went off and returned last week.This is my first time participating in this challenge and I'm beyond exhillarated at the thought of the challenge and rules! Finally a active and inspiring group! Many thanks to Caradae. Brilliant idea!

I need to lose about 100 pounds so this group is perfect! Looking forward to tomorrow!

Game on peoplez!!

haha - friendly competition of course v-(^_^)

32226198.png
  • Kass0708
    Kass0708 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well this is my first challenge that I really have had. I read through it and I am pretty confident that I can succeed for when I am presented with a challenge I don't give up. I am 23 years old and I work part time right now but occasionally when work wants me to work more do. On top of work I am finishing up some last prerequisites for the Nursing Program which I hope to be starting within this next year. I want to lose about 50 pounds. I know I can do it because a couple months ago when I was really strict with my calories and really tracking them and exercising I lost 10 in two weeks. This challenge I feel will help me immensely especially since I see my friend @Via_14 joined it and she has really been helping me in the support category as well as me helping her. WE GOTS THIS GIRL!
  • Kass0708
    Kass0708 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I joined and mentioned you in my post!