Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I´m in no other exercise challenge this month, so I´m definitely gonna give it a try
    okay everyone,,, here is the first mini challenge for 7 days,
    starting on the 4th till ending on the 10th,,
    50 wall pushups every day, how you do them is up to you, who is in? post everyday with your other three yes's. this is not a must but does keep us on a toes, lol
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oh kewl, I like this (mini-challenge inside the big challenge) Makes it more interesting ha ha.. Thanks margieparkins and you can count me in :)
  • Pizazz16
    Pizazz16 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think that sounds like a good mini-challenge. I need to strengthen my arms, for sure. I just did 25 wall pushups to try it out, and looks like it's do-able. I will do another 25 in a few minutes. I can definitely feel it working! Thanks for the idea, Margie.

By-the-way, I almost missed this challenge. Maybe you should post a new thread each week under "Mini-Challenge #1" or "Mini-Challenge Week of . . . ". To make it easier to find and be aware of. Just a thought. Thanks for listening. :smile:
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    hey guys, sorry i didnt want to stary a new thread for this but since its challenge related im writing hereforth,'

since starting the challenge and a few days before my sleeping patterns have been disturbed. i dont know if its just too much excitement about the challenge/MFP or something deeper. I usd to sleep 7-8 hours and now 5 =(

If you guys have any thoughts let me know.

Btw i dont feel tired or anything like that after my 5 hour sleeps too. I jst feel im not getting enough deep sleep and waking up at 3am is really creepy ........... lol apparently the devil's hour?? lol but thats the least of my worries.
  • Gemini24K83
    Gemini24K83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all my name is Krystle, this is my first challenge and hope to make out to the end. This is my second time using MFP and I am excited to see how far I can push myself this time to reach my goals. Sunday is my first weigh in since restarting my journey can't wait to see my progress! Good luck everyone HAPPY TRACKING.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the 50 Wall Push Up Challenge.....Let's all Get-R-Done!!!
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    great !! glad we have some takers,
    day one done for me
    , how are you ll going?
    I am not sure about the sleep pattern for the young lady that was asking( Via-14) but maybe a bit of jitters about this challenge month,
    look it really is not that hard to do, you are accountable every day for your choices,
    no need to panic about any thing,
    you can do it,
    I know you all can!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Just finished my wall push ups using proper breathing techniques too. Oh do I feel that in my upper arms. I have done pushups off floor, but never off the wall. It was different, but it works. :) Day one down and 6 more days to go.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Glad I happened to wonder why Rainey'd posted on here today. I like the idea of the mini challenge
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Hope we all had a great week, I am so looking forward to the weekend.
    I had an appointment today with my cardiologist, he was real please with my efforts (his words). Thought my exercising everyday was a very good thing. I still don't know if the Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs are low impact aerobics or general aerobics. So, if anyone does them please let me know what you think. He also thinks I should have lost more than the 6 pounds I've lost since I saw him last in July, so he is asking my primary care doctor to send me to a dietitian. Monday night I had an episode after dinner with friends and almost passed out again....I had a mini stroke in May of this year.... I have had a million test run and they all come back normal, so they don't know WHY I had the stroke. The next test is to wear a 30 day monitor, if that one comes back normal he thinks my problem is anxiety. LOL my girlfriend says it is just premenopausal since I am 51. Who knows all I know is I feel a million times better today than I did a year ago :bigsmile:
    Have a great weekend my friends
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I had an appointment today with my cardiologist, he was real please with my efforts (his words). Thought my exercising everyday was a very good thing. I still don't know if the Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs are low impact aerobics or general aerobics. So, if anyone does them please let me know what you think. He also thinks I should have lost more than the 6 pounds I've lost since I saw him last in July, so he is asking my primary care doctor to send me to a dietitian. Monday night I had an episode after dinner with friends and almost passed out again....I had a mini stroke in May of this year.... I have had a million test run and they all come back normal, so they don't know WHY I had the stroke. The next test is to wear a 30 day monitor, if that one comes back normal he thinks my problem is anxiety. LOL my girlfriend says it is just premenopausal since I am 51. Who knows all I know is I feel a million times better today than I did a year ago :bigsmile:

My Aunt did them and from what she was doing I would call it low impact aerobics, but I think it depends on how hard you are going at it and how advanced the DVD is. I think its a great idea though for getting active without leaving your house and you might not wanna push yourself too hard if your health is misbehaving.

I hope you have a happy weekend as well <3.

(I also really like your kitty.)
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Yes, I have done Leslie Sansone DVDs....LOVE THEM!! Our local Curves had not heard of her before and has now added her to their program. I think it depends on how YOU do her DVDs as to how to classify them. For example: if you are truly 'walking' then they are definitely low impact. If you are adding your own touch, so to speak, it can be much more. That's why I like her workouts so much. They can work for so many different body types and people's needs. You can even add weights or bands to her workouts and get more out of them. So, in my opinion they are for beginners to pros. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Day one of push-ups done, day two´s still waiting for me.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) Does anyone have a personal incentive if they complete this challenge? Mine is a new pair of running shoes. My husband said that he will take me to a pro running store that custom fits them for you :) Usually every 4 or 5 years I go to the Nike outlet and pick up the least expensive pair that fit my size 11 wide foot, so this is an awesome incentive for me. What is your incentive?
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) Does anyone have a personal incentive if they complete this challenge? Mine is a new pair of running shoes. My husband said that he will take me to a pro running store that custom fits them for you :) Usually every 4 or 5 years I go to the Nike outlet and pick up the least expensive pair that fit my size 11 wide foot, so this is an awesome incentive for me. What is your incentive?

I love this question!

If I complete this challenge, I'm going to ask my sister or my parents to watch my kids on my day off, so I can lounge around and do nothing all day. It will be everything I thought it could be.

And I totally feel your pain about having wide feet. Mine are size 10 wide--shoes are my bane. I would love a store that custom built shoes. I'm jealous, haha.
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I wear the same size shoes. I managed to find a pair at payless that worked but when I'm further along in the activity scale I'm gunna start saving up for mine. I've got severely flat feet as well as the width so the shoes will be insanely expensive.

I originally had planned to let my reward be a new sportsbra, but I caved in already and bought a new one. I think if I do both October and November I'll get my hair dyed something funky and get a pair of sexy jeans. I'm pretty young (22 years old) but people keep thinking I'm in my mid-30's and I want that to stop ASAP. I haven't been carded since I was 19 (unless I'm with my babyfaced best friend.)
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hi, So sorry to hear about your difficulty. I was reading your post and I know your under a doctors care and all. But have they tested your TSH, and FREE T4, and T4?
    http://www.webmd.com/menopause/tc/menopause-and-perimenopause-overview

I hope you get your answers soon! Take care :wink:
  • lisamac62
    lisamac62 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    thanks no I haven't that I know of. I have had a lot of blood work done. I'll ask my primary care doc when I see him in a couple of weeks
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Lisa you are doing so well,, you have your ups and downs but like you said, you are much better than 12 months ago! I would think it might be anxiety,,,,,, I am so proud of where you are now compared to the lady that was about to give up on her kitchen floor! I too have not lost much weight but I am not worried about it,,,, I feel good,,, so do you!
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It's awesome you're feeling better. The mini-stroke sounds scary--I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I wouldn't worry too much about the weight loss... I think doctors in general put too much stock in the scale. Listen to your doctor, of course, but don't be too worried about it. You're a great lady, and I'm so happy to see you're in this month's challenge. :)