Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm not usually a person for challenges but this one caught my attention and since I need to get myself refocused it seems the perfect method.

I'm 50, married, and live in Bermuda. My husband's pretty supportive of what I want to do, and sometimes maybe more gung ho about it than I am, though not for himself.

My ticker says I've lost 49 lbs but it's been down as much as seventy over the last year but I've been bouncing up and down aimlessly.

My short term weight goal is to hit 330 which would be my lowest since being on MFP, but I haven't put a deadline.
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Pam and I live in Orlando, Florida. I have been logging on daily on MFP since January 11, 2013. So far I have lost 60 lbs, but over the last couple of months I have not been as consident as I was for the first 6 months. I would like to get back on track and think that this challenge would be a good incentive for me.

Quick question: Is the calorie goal the one adjusted with exercise calories or the base one? My goal is 1600 calories, but I earn around 300 extra a day. I don't always eat back my exercise calories, but some days I do.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone---i don't know how to get that little bar that says the amt. of weight you lost and also not sure where the "thread" is to reply. You can see I am not a computer person. Oh well.....anyone want to teach me these little things? J.

Hi Julia,

1. To get the little bar to show the amount of weigh you've lost:
    - click the "My Home" tab up above
    - click the "Check-In" sub-tab that will appear
    - enter your new weight.

2. The sign-in threads will be at the bottom of the group page (in the same area where you found this thread). The first thread is already up. It's called "October 1st sign-ins"

Hope that helps! :)
  • caradae
    Options
    tyvm- actually it was very easy for me to lose the weight while unemployed - I was going out for walks and bike rides a couple times a day, now I'm getting 12 miles on a bike 5 days a week for work and I'll be riding and walking on weekends

this will be a great group for me- I'm working as a elementary school custodian, so I'm pushing a cart, bending, walking all over the school- exercise is guaranteed lol

Nice. I worked as an overnight stocker at a grocery store for a while, and I loved it in terms of exercise. It was hard *not* to stay in shape with that job.
  • caradae
    Options
    Quick question: Is the calorie goal the one adjusted with exercise calories or the base one? My goal is 1600 calories, but I earn around 300 extra a day. I don't always eat back my exercise calories, but some days I do.

Hi Pam,

Eating back your calories lost during exercise is fine. I've heard it's best that you do.

Either way, it's up to you. :)
  • caradae
    Options
    Welcome, everyone who's joined since yesterday!

I'm so glad you made it. Sign-ups are open for only another 15ish hours, so if you have any friends who you think would want to join, let them know soon.
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tenille. I'm a 22 year old university student from Canada and this is my first challenge :D. I've done every "diet" under the sun and I'm determined to make healthy choices so that I'm never tempted to join a diet ever again. I go to school fulltime and work a desk job so I really joined this group to keep me accountable fitness wise. :D I want to lose at least 8 lbs by October. Feel free to add me as a friend, but beware I really like to make :D :P :) faces (I'm sorry, I really don't mean to do them so often)

And I'm going to eat back 1/2 my exercise calories
  • auntiecorri
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

Thanks to my MFP friend, RaineyLaney, I found this challenge and was able to join, just in the nick of time. My name is Corri and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am 48 and have struggled with my entire life. Since joining MPF in June I have lost a little over 30lbs. and I have another 100 to go. I haven't been diligent in exercising every day; this challenge is what I need to get back on track.

Good luck to everyone!
  • LaserMum
    LaserMum Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Like auntiecorri, I have my MFP friend, RaineyLaney, to thank for finding this challenge.

I've been overeating a lot lately (stress and trying to find a new job) but I have been logging honestly so that's saved me from the worst excesses! I work at a desk all day so I usually try to get a 30minute walk in at lunchtime. I also have a springer spaniel at home who loves walking (or rather, running around like a totally mad idiot). I'm hoping that being accountable will help me to eat within my calorie allowance.

I currently weigh 109.5kg (241lbs) and I have about 100lbs to lose. I've already lost 12kg (28lbs) since the beginning of 2013.

Good luck everyone!!!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

My name is Karen and this will be my 3rd attempt at this challenge. I hope to make October the month I stick with it until the end.
    My problem is never with logging but with overeating and lack of exercise.

I'm 53, retired and love to be in Nature. I signed up for nature walks at our local nature reserve so I always have that to look forward to on Tuesdays. My boyfriend and I are usually out walking on the weekends for at least an hour. I also love riding my bike, except when there's a headwind, then I'm a big baby. I live 50 min. away from a National Park where I love to go biking, walking & birding.

My starting weight for October is 227.8 lbs. I'm down 21 lb since I started on July 22/13 so I'm doing quite well, although not as well as I'd hoped.
    My main downfall has been too many days of wild overeating.

I want to lose 100 lb total although my ticker reflects only the first half of my goal. It doesn't look like I have so far to go that way.

Here's to a stellar month of October! May we all survive the Challenge! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    October 1st
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? OH YEAH!!
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ACTUALLY - 30 MINUTES!!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES!!

ONE day down and 30 more to go!! Awesome start!! :drinker:
  • semionlegal
    Options
    Hello y'all! :-)
    Hope it's okay to join at the end of October 1! I will try my very best to stay in challenge till Halloween!
  • Pedza
    Pedza Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. This is my second challenge. I didn't make it all the way to the end of last month's challenge, but did lose a few pounds thanks to the challenge. Ready to try again!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

My name is Carmen. I've been on MFP for a long time and have done well. I'm excited about this challenge. I have no doubt I'll be here at the end. This is my first challenge and am happy to see there are a lot of participants. Support and accountability are always a good thing.

Good Luck everyone!

Carmen, I love your ticker.

Thank you!! :-)
  • caradae
    Options
    Yw.

Okay, everyone! It's October 2nd and the challenge is closed to new participants. You guys are it. You guys can do it.

If you have any questions, don't hesistate to message me or margieparkins.

Let's do this!
  • barbipet01
    Options
    I am very exicted about this challenge. It feels like I'm not out there alone. Although I am new to My Fitness Pal, I am not new to wanting to lose weight. First day wasn't as difficult as I thought....I was able to stay within my calorie points and exercise. My personal goal with this challenge is to increase my exercise, I feel like that is a part of my weight loss plan that needs work!! :flowerforyou:
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I am very exicted about this challenge. It feels like I'm not out there alone. Although I am new to My Fitness Pal, I am not new to wanting to lose weight. First day wasn't as difficult as I thought....I was able to stay within my calorie points and exercise. My personal goal with this challenge is to increase my exercise, I feel like that is a part of my weight loss plan that needs work!! :flowerforyou:

Well said ^_^
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    okay everyone,,, here is the first mini challenge for 7 days,
    starting on the 4th till ending on the 10th,,
    50 wall pushups every day, how you do them is up to you, who is in? post everyday with your other three yes's. this is not a must but does keep us on a toes, lol
  • caradae
    Options
    Ooh, I like that mini-challenge. I think I will try this one, margie.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    push-ups.... ill have to pass on that one =P good luck to all who do it!