SHARKS TEAM PAGE

Options

Replies

• pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I've posted this already...if so, it bears repeating! I really like it (and need to remember it!)

"Fit is not a destination; it is a way of life."
  • nonnalynn
    nonnalynn Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ok. Posting between clients on the Admins computer. My phone is now NOT a substitute for the computer I gave my parents. Pooh!!! I will post when I can and if I can. Monday HIIT 15 MIN. STRETCHING 10 MIN. RAKING 60 MINS. Can't check burn right now but I will add it later. I can't log so points may be difficult. I will try to handwrite my log using food labels. I use moms computer sometimes but they are away. I do not know when I can get on again. I only volunteer here one a week. Gotta let my supervisor back on here. Keep killing.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Sharing a great workout for the holiday season!

1463737_764554406895217_1751485032_n.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    That, Artemis, is a GREAT suggestion... I love a 'Holiday Challenge!'

:drinker:
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My inspiration for today...

“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty” ~ Winston Churchill
  • barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hey Sharks! Here are my workouts from Sunday - Tuesday:

SUNDAY:
    Workout: 60 minutes (stationary bike)
    Calories burned: 452
    HIIT: none
    Reps: none
    Stretching: none

MONDAY:
    Workout: 60 minutes (stationary bike 40, circuit training 20)
    Calories burned: 473
    HIIT: none
    Stretching: Two 5 minute sessions

TUESDAY:
    Workout: 90 minutes (stationary bike 20, swimming 70)
    Calories burned: 904
    HIIT: 15 minutes (also used stationary bike for this)
    Stretching: Two 5 minute sessions

So far, so good on giving up alcohol! (Yes, I know it's only Tuesday:laugh: !!)

I hope that everyone has a great day tomorrow!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Nothing for Sunday or Monday but I did have 121g carbs on Monday and did 21 pushups. Just got so busy with things around the house and trying to decorate for the holidays.

Tuesday
    1. 90 mins, 583 cals- Zumba, Leslie, and HIIT
    2. none- I actually did HIIT but I didn't do it to the specifications Sheri set. I didn't look at them before I did it. So I have to get it done for the next 4 days straight.
    3. 25 weighted squats
    4. 2x5min stretching done
    5. Stayed under 100g of carbs (94g)
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Ok. Posting between clients on the Admins computer. My phone is now NOT a substitute for the computer I gave my parents. Pooh!!! I will post when I can and if I can. Monday HIIT 15 MIN. STRETCHING 10 MIN. RAKING 60 MINS. Can't check burn right now but I will add it later. I can't log so points may be difficult. I will try to handwrite my log using food labels. I use moms computer sometimes but they are away. I do not know when I can get on again. I only volunteer here one a week. Gotta let my supervisor back on here. Keep killing.

Hope you find a way to get on here from time to time Donna! I have posted what you have given me. Let me know your burn at some point and if you did any new reps. Also I need to know what staple you are giving up and your penance if you fail (which I hope won't happen!) Praying to get to connect again at some point! :flowerforyou:
  • jaajh
    Options
    TUESDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes total (30 minutes circuit training, 20 minutes aerobics and 10 minutes reps work - but NOT the reps mentioned below - they were done at a separate time :happy: )
    Calories burned: 581
    (Still need to do 1 90 minute and 1 60 minute workout)

REPS: 50 new reps - Started Ripped in 30 week 3 this week (have tried Ripped in 30 before, but given up before getting this far :laugh:) JM has a rep she calls Toe taps - which is basically an abdominal crunch and chest presses with handweights combined. I thought they were OK, so did another 2 sets of 25 later on in the day. Hmm ... not so OK after 50 of them!!!!! OUCH! Still, that is half of my "new reps" done :bigsmile:
    (50 more new reps to go!)

STRETCHING: Did 10 minutes. This is honestly getting easier to do without getting bored :happy:

HIIT: Yes, did 15 minutes. Intervals of jumping jacks, butt kicks, burpees (1 whole minute :noway: ), mountain climbers, high knees, jumping jacks (again! Like that one!) and plank jacks.
    (3 more HIIT to go :mad: :noway: )

Give up - NO bread today :happy: :happy: :happy: So therefore NO push-ups (even more :happy: )

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE!
  • jaajh
    Options
    My inspiration for today...

“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty” ~ Winston Churchill

And to continue quoting that great Brit :bigsmile: , here is my encouragement for today:

"Never, never, never, never give up!" - Winston Churchill.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    This 'encouraging' quote made me think of my naturally-skinny sister:

"Where there is no struggle, there is no strength."

(Sorry if it was bad of me to think of her in regard to that, but she's my height, weighs about 100 pounds after having five kids, and gloats about it to me. I have to WORK for every fraction of a pound! She got my dad's figure; I got my mom's!)
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    And my encouragement for today:

"Throw back the shoulders, let the heart sing, let the eyes flash, let the mind be lifted up, look upward and say to yourself... Nothing is impossible!"
    Norman Vincent Peale

Also SHARKS CAN DO IT !

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford
  • fang19423
    Options
    Wednesday.
    #1 60 mins / 376 cals -walking. (90 mins w/o's still to do).
    #2 HIIT - zero ( 2 sessions of 15 minutes yet to do)
    #3 REPS - zero
    #4 STRETCHING: 10 mins
    #5 Giving up bread -didn't have it today so no penance burpees

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • kristinc06837
    kristinc06837 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well I must flogg myself.. . . I baked . . . A lot . . . That's a bad mama lol Thinking of trying some yoga with my son today...I'm feeling I will regret the descion but I have read a lot of articles about yoga and hyper kids . . . Wondering if it will do any good lol He's only 2 years and like 9 months but he's already decided he's too big for naps ..... Oy . . . . I think I am way more sad about it than he is. . . I loved my Mid day breaks. He still goes down for quiet time but It's not a peaceful as it once was lol . . .

I know I've posted it before but this makes me smile

eflbmo.jpg
  • pamcuster
    Options
    Ooooh, I love Sharks!!! (the ones on here anyway!)

Here's my Tuesday:

workout: 70 minutes - 35 min circuit and 35 min yoga...408 calories
    HIIT: 15 minutes
    stretch: 10 minutes (2x5)
    no more reps

and for Wednesday...

wait for it...

NOTHING! But I got a lot of other stuff done that needed doing!

I've updated the chart!

GOOOO US!!!!!
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

92 mins, 536 cals 30 DS & Leslie

15 min HIIT done

25 New UB reps- let me in's

2x5 min stretching done

under on carbs today- 76g

I did forget to log one of my foods yesterday that actually put my over by 4g. So I will knock out 4 pushups today.
  • pamcuster
    Options
    I really like this quote for today because it can apply to so many areas of our lives:

"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them."
    -Denis Waitley

Have a GREAT Thursday, Sharks! ...prepare for this week's weigh-in!
  • fang19423
    Options
    Thursday.
    #1 92 mins / 812 cals -walking. (All w/o's done).
    #2 HIIT - 15 mins ( 1 session of 15 minutes yet to do)
    #3 REPS - zero
    #5 Giving up bread -didn't have it today so no penance burps - YAY
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE
  • jaajh
    Options
    Sorry I have been absent today! I logged my exercise this morning as soon as I had done it and then intended to come on here to post on this page later. HOWEVER, electricity has been cut most of the day meaning I couldn't get online! I have missed catching up with you! And have decided that it is worth sacrificing my "no computer past 9pm rule" even though that means I have NO spare days now and need to get off before 9pm every night from now until Sunday in order to get my no bad habit points :laugh: Can't not check MFP and FB before I go to bed :laugh:

So here are my WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY:

WEDNESDAY:

WORKOUT: 90 minutes :bigsmile: (60 minutes on the elliptical - and yes I still HATE it as much as the first time!) and then 30 minutes circuit training (although didn't do the Week 3 Ripped in 30 I should have done, but went for a week 1 as I wasn't sure I'd survive week 3 after an hour on the elliptical :noway: )
    Calories burned: 764

REPS: no new ones

HIIT: Not today.

SRETCHING: yes, did do 10 minutes of this!

Give up: Yes, kept away from the bread so no press-ups today :happy:

THURSDAY:

WORKOUT: 60 minutes (30 minutes circuit training and 30 minutes aerobics)
    Calories burned: 562
    (All workouts completed :bigsmile: )

REPS: 25 more toe taps today
    (25 more new reps to do - need to find something different for tomorrow)

STRETCHING: not today
    (1 more 5 x2 left to do)

HIIT: yes, 15 minutes today
    (Still need to do 2 more sets here - so HAVE to do it tomorrow and Saturday. Glad I have the other workouts done!)

Give up: YES, success again here today so no dreaded push-ups :bigsmile:

SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE (just mine!)

HIIT:
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Monday
    #1 60 mins / 607cals -Just Dance
    #2 HIIT - 15 mins
    #3 REPS -50 reverse plank leg lifts (2 sets of 25 - struggling, these are hard)
    #5 Giving up Ice Cream - Success

Tuesday
    #1 60 mins / 281 cals -Yoga for the Warrior (I know it's Yoga, but Bob Harper tried to kill me - I would classify some parts as vigourous)
    #2 HIIT - 15 mins
    #3 REPS - 50 (same as Monday)

Wednesday
    #1 No Workout
    #2 HIIT - 15 mins
    #3 REPS - zero

I'll be honest, I may gain this week. Wednesday late night was taken up with baking mac and cheese for the Christmas Party today....a party where I ended up eating like it's Thanksgiving.....