JOURNAL: Dear bulking diary...

Options
1235»

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Week 21: week of 17 February 2014

Average intake: unknown, haven't been counting calories this past week.
    Weight per 22 February : 61.6 kg, + 1.7 kg when compared with last week, but it's TOM so most likely skewed with water weight.
    + 7.6 kg from start of bulk, average of + 0.36 kg per week.

And this concludes this bulk! :bigsmile:

In some way I'm glad it's over for now, I'm still feeling mighty fat. On the other hand, yesterday I got complimented on my figure, so it' s probably not that bad. This week I'm going down to 2050 kcal and the week after to 1800.

For exercise I'm switching from my current upper/lower split back to the 3 times per week full body routine I was doing before. Also, I will slowly re-introduce some fitnessblender hiit on my non-lifting days, and running when its light again in the early morning. I'm looking forward to it!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I hope you took end of bulk pics!!!!!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! I'm sure most of your "fat feeling" is only things you can see!
    And ditto on the post bulk pics. I think I'm taking mine this afternoon even though I have 1 week left.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    I hope you took end of bulk pics!!!!!
    Not yet, but I'll have hubby take some pictures next weekend before I start my cut :drinker:
  • pandorakick
    Options
    My end of bulk results, including pictures!

Last week I've been holding steady at maintenance and yesterday I started cutting after 21 weeks of bulking. Here are the stats!

Length: 1.65 m (5'5")
    Bulk duration: 21 weeks
    Average gain rate: 0.33 kg / week

Weight: 54 kg (119 lbs) -> 60.9 kg (134.3 lbs) = + 6.9 kg
    Waist: 69 cm -> 73.5 cm = + 4.5 cm
    Belly button: 77 cm -> 83 cm = + 6 cm
    Hips: 82,5 cm -> 92 cm = + 9.5 cm
    Thigh: 52 cm -> 57 cm = + 5 cm
    Bicep (not flexed): 25 cm -> 28 cm = + 3 cm

It seems like most of the extra weight has gone to my hips and (possibly) butt. The pictures below do show that:

B1W1-21_front_small.jpg

B1W1-21_back_small.jpg

Will see if anything of this added mass actually sticks..

Anyway, loved doing this bulk, because it made me deal with food in a whole different way then before. I didn't have to up my intake very much to gain the weight (from 2000 kcal netto to 2300-2400), but it did make it easier to deal with snacks. Knowing that the impact from that isn't that big when looked at the whole picture is a relieve in some way.
    It also showed me that I have my TDEE numbers nailed pretty spot on, which is on the one hand a bit depressing (Come one, only 2000 kcal per day, including lifting!) but on the other hand nice to know with some certainty where I stand.

For now I'm cutting at a very conservative deficit with a 1800 kcal daily netto intake (including lifting, excluding cardio). In September I will certainly start my second bulk!