Symptoms

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    That's awful! I hope baby drops soon for you tigger, and I hope the doctor's figure out what's going on with your bburg.

My vision has been a little blurry since the beginning of the second trimester. I was told that that was a common pregnancy symptom, but I never had any of the other symptoms of pre E.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    I hope so too Suzanne! I have quite a few symptoms of it, and have had to call my OB twice during their closed hours. Today my BP was high again 150/79 and they made me wait to take it again before they'd let me leave. I was supposed to go back in two weeks, but now I have to go back next friday. I have a feeling these last 7 weeks are going to DRAG.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    The muscles in my lower abdomen are really sore and, at times, really hurt.
    Hard to explain exactly, but all along the front of my stomach just above the hipline, sorta. All the muscles there are sore and achy and hurt. I think they are getting sick of holding baby up.

On another note for stomach muscles, I swear I don't have any anymore. If I am lying down and try to use my stomach muscles to 'curl' and pull myself up - it hurts! And, it doesn't work. I end up rolling over and pushing myself up with my hands. I feel so fat! lol

Anyone else feel like their abdominal muscles are failing them?
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Absolutely. I've also been getting sharp pains in my pelvis if I get up too fast from sitting. My contractions are painful but inconsistent so I know it's not true labor, just BH making life miserable. On another note, TMI, but I wiped today and part of my mucus plug was on the toilet paper! I can't wait for the doctor to check me at my next appointment., really hoping this baby comes in a couple of weeks:) My husband graduates on the 16th so anytime after that would be great.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Yes, I can't do anything any more! It's like my abdominal muscles have just given up and said, "Call me when you're done with this whole baby thing!" Then they hopped in a plane and gone somewhere a lot warmer than here.

Seriously though, I've actually started accepting people's offers to help me out of chairs, vehicles, chiropractor/midwife tables.... if I don't then I get a sharp pain from somewhere on my stomach. I feel so helpless and I've still got a month to go.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Does anyone else have permanently swollen feet? My feet used to get swollen by the end of the day and be fine in the morning after I'd kept them up all night. But now it doesn't matter if I sleep for 10 hours, it's like I've got cushions on the top of my feet all the time!
  • tiggerhammon
    I remember the swelling in my feet with my daughter. It was so bad I could press down on the top of my foot with my finger and when I moved my finger there was an indent/impression the shape of my finger left on the top of my foot that would stay for several minutes before disappearing.
    I have been lucky this time around, no swollen feet yet.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Yes! That's exactly what I have! I can massage the water out of one part of my foot to another spot. It's so weird... and a little gross. My feet have swollen up so much that they almost feel bruised.
  • tiggerhammon
    Did you have to invest in new shoes yet? I just wore other people's shoes for a couple months, lol.
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    My shoes are okay, but my feet ache almost constantly!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I wear running shoes everywhere. I normally have narrow feet and have the laces done up really tightly, but now the laces are just on loosely. I've only got a month to go so I really don't want to be buying new shoes or clothes anymore.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    yes to the constantly swollen feet!!! I had to ask my doctor to write me a note so that I could wear sneakers for the rest of my pregnancy.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    My hands are larger too. I was able to get my engagement ring off last night by using a mixture of ice water, non-petroleum jelly, and dental floss, but I can't get my wedding band off and I'm a little afraid that if I can't remove it, it may have to be cut. :frown:

On another note, I noticed this a couple times but it's really picked up over the past couple days. I've been getting cramps that are a lot like the ones I used to get before my period. It's like a dull ache inside near the cervix/vagina and it lasts for about 10-15 minutes at a time. It's very inconsistent so I'm not concerned, but I am curious! A Google search is telling me that it is either baby resting on my cervix and applying pressure or it could be my body prepping for labour and could be my cervix effacing? My midwife appointment is next week so I guess I'll find out then.

I was just wondering if anyone has had this?
  • tiggerhammon
    I have had that sensation just a couple times, I chalked it up to some effect of Braxton Hicks because I was having light back cramps at the same time.

Try eating a ton of celery and strawberries and other foods that help drop water retention. Drink dandelion tea and soak your hand for a long time in warm water. Drink a ton of water. Anything and everything to help the retention go down. If you are getting the retention pretty bad it is unlikely to go away and stay away but it might go away long enough for you to get the ring off.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    I had to stop wearing my wedding ring at about 7.5 months. My E ring, and two wedding bands are soldered together so it was getting impossible to get off. I decided to stop wearing it before it go stuck! I'm wearing a pretty band my of my mom's (she has much bigger fingers than me) but I noticed this morning, that even this ring is becoming tight. I guess I'll get to the point where I won't wear anything. Especially as it gets hotter outside.

I get the period pains too. Here lately they seem to happen more often but when I went to L&D the other day they checked my cervix and it was completely normal, so I guess for now, it doesn't mean anything.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Thanks for the tips! I will definitely be trying celery and strawberries! My SIL told me to try watermelon and honey dew as well. We shall see.

Assuming that I am able to get it off, I'll probably run to walmart and just buy something cheap and oversized to replace it until I can fit my rings back on. (I'm 22 and people already give me funny looks like I have no business being pregnant)
  • tiggerhammon
    I remember that feeling with my first. But, I guess everyone was right in the suspicions with me, I still hated being glared at. I was 18 and not married. This time I am 26 and married and haven't gotten one glare.

Okay, another weird symptom I have to ask about. This is embarrassing so be nice :p

I am constantly wet 'down there.' I can't for the life of me keep it dry. I know, from reading, that this is normal but how do you control it? It is causing irritation and, frankly, it just plain irritates me. It's slimy and awful all the time.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I have a friend who had that with her pregnancies (with her second that's how she found out she was pregnant!) I think she said she used liners all the time and just changed then every time she was in the bathroom. Or maybe she used full pads, I can't recall what she had said.

I'm sure you've tried that though. :(
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Lightening Crotch! Seriously, google it. It's a thing. Horrible stabbing pains in my pelvis allllll day today. Usually lasts only a few seconds but is excruciating, had me doubling over.

I'm also a little concerned I may have a UTI because my urine stream is weak too. I'm not sure if baby is just squishing my bladder that badly or if it's more. I'll be calling the OB tomorrow.
  • tiggerhammon
    Dang MAMA, that doesn't sound fun at all!
    Let us know what the Doc says, I am curious what that would mean.

I Googled that. I have only experienced getting kicked there by the baby one time but it was terrible! I have no idea how the baby even managed to do that and truly hope he never figures it out again! Since I have only experienced it one time I have chalked it up as a kick or jab to the cervix, I feel truly sorry for some of those women I have been reading about that feel it constantly. I really hope, for your sake, that it alleviates soon. There is no way I could stand feeling that way all the time.