Symptoms

1234568»

Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Ouch!!! That sounds super painful! :( No fun at all! I hope it lessens for you!

I have a weak urine stream too, but I'm going more frequently so I just assumed that there wasn't as much "pressure" to get it all out... sorry, that's a little TMI. Let us know what the OB says. I'm curious too!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Is there any way - any way at all - any tricks to getting the baby to hold still?
    My baby kicks so much, like almost constantly and he kicks hard. I want so bad to cherish this little kicks and love and enjoy them but, to be perfectly honest, I am getting tired with them. I feel like my inside are bruised and my hips are starting to feel achy and bruised since he has moved down a little and taken to beating on my hip bones all the time.
    I am really not being sarcastic - my baby moves a ton!! I decided to try the whole 'count the kicks in one hour' thing. I got 126 movements in a random hour - wasn't even his busiest hour of the day.
    Doctor says that he has seen very few babies as active as mine but it isn't a bad thing in any way but actually a very good sign that he is happy, healthy and strong. Doctor also says there is no way to slow or calm baby's movements and I shouldn't try to. But, I hurt. It hurts! I don't know that I can handle another month of this.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Tigger- my lil' one has stopped "kicking" so much and now does this stretch that feels like he's going to pop out of my belly. I love having to push his limbs back so my tummy looks normal again. I have no idea how to get a baby to slow down but when it happens that means labor is approaching!

I talked to my OB today and they took a urine sample. It turned out negative so he must just be mushing my bladder. The lightening crotch as lessened as well. We're chalking it up to overdoing it on Saturday, I took an hour long walk around town and right after that a hike on a trail with my hubby. She told me to relax today and not to do much which I am finding to be very hard. Hopefully I don't have to go through that again!
  • tiggerhammon
    Glad everything looks okay and that awful symptom has eased up. Hope it stays that way for you.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Wish this baby would drop!! She's living in my ribs and it's so painful!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I found a couple drops of blood after using the bathroom today. Very diluted and nothing is sore really so I'm not super concerned... I have a midwife appointment tomorrow morning so we'll see what she says. Hopefully baby comes sooner rather than later though! :)
  • tiggerhammon
    Be sure to mention that to your midwife. It actually could be a sign of a bacterial infection.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I will definitely mention it to my midwife. I'm hoping it ends up being either nothing to worry about!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Good news is that my protein in my urine came back normal today! (It was high last week) The bad news is that I had some results come back saying that I am GBS positive. :(

So basically I need to have an IV in me during labour, because you know, labour isn't uncomfortable enough.

Does anyone have any information that could be helpful to me? All I know is that this is a normal bacteria that is found in lots of women and is not harmful to me, but if transferred to baby she could get very sick from it.

I wasn't expecting for the positive result and didn't really think of some questions I have now until I left the clinic. Does this mean that I will have to go to the hospital early in labour? Or will my midwife be able to come to me to do an IV? Just curious if anyone knows anything about that....
  • tiggerhammon
    I know very little about it. Basically, all I know is that it is very important, when in labor and going to the hospital - to inform them that you have it. As long as all preventative measures are taken, you should be just fine.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I was having a couple contractions but I wasn't sure if they were real or Braxton Hicks again. I was about to start timing them, but then I realized that baby was moving and kicking during them. I'd read somewhere that baby doesn't move around during real labour contractions? Is this true?

(I timed them anyway, and I'm pretty sure that it's just Braxton Hicks.)

I'm 40 weeks today. Getting desperate. Haha!
  • tiggerhammon
    Suzanne, please do not be impatient. Just relax and have confidence in your body. You can do this.

I have heard both sides, that baby doesn't move at all and that baby sometimes does move. So, I am unsure as to an answer to that question for sure.

When you start feeling contractions, real or not, walk. Keep walking, keep moving, keep dancing, keep bouncing on a birthing ball... something. Don't just lie down. Even if it turns out to be just Braxton Hicks, it still helped to keep moving during them because it makes the Braxton Hicks more effective in preparing for the real thing.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Good to know, Tigger! I just keep getting conflicting information about whether or not baby will be moving or not during contractions. It makes sense to me that she'd be squirming because, I mean, the walls are closing in on her. I'd be going nuts! But so many reputable sites are telling me that it's false labour if baby is moving (which has so far proved to be true).

I guess I'm more excited than impatient and I desperately do not want to be the person who goes to the hospital during false labour (although who are we kidding? I totally will be). I'm sure that once things get going for real I won't be able to miss it even if I tried. I'm just so excited!!! :happy:

My mom was induced for both of my siblings and with me her water broke with a gush and then she was induced before labour began naturally so there was no guess work with whether or not she was in labour. All my friends either don't have kids yet or have been induced as well, so I really don't know much about when it comes to detecting early labour pains and there's not really anyone I can ask. Thanks for answering all my (many) questions!
  • tiggerhammon
    Even when it is the real thing, don't go running to the hospital right away. There are 3 different phases of labor and you don't want to go until you are in phase two.
    When real labor starts, it will continually build and intensify. Contractions get stronger and stronger and closer and closer together. You will know it when it is here.
    Whatever you do, never tell yourself that the pain level is at a 10. Because as soon as you have yourself convinced the pain couldn't possibly get worse, it does. Always tell yourself, when the pain is at its highest, that it is still at a 9 and you have not reached your limit and you know you can handle more. :p
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Sounds good! I'm convincing myself that the final push will be the most painful so I hopefully will never feel like I'm at a 10! I'm hoping to go naturally (but we shall see), I'm sure that sending myself positive messages will be crucial!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Heartburn, hot flashes, swollen ankles, Braxton Hicks, and frequent trips to the bathroom. These are the only real symptoms that annoy me recently. (Especially the hot flashes!)
  • tiggerhammon
    Oh, there is a good list of symptoms for me now!
    We are getting so close, just have to wait them out.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Nothing even remotely pointing to labor for me. I'm 38+4 today.. 10 days until my due date. But I do have HORRIBLE hip pain. The muscle in my butt cheek ACHES.
  • tiggerhammon
    I thought pregnancy symptoms sucked! I am so done with this postpartum stuff. Especially the bleeding - yuck!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    I`m really excited to have a regular bowel movement...