Check in

Options

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, just joined this group. Good luck to everybody. Editing this to add I'm going back to read all the posts and am so glad I'm this in this group. It's great to see other people who are facing the same problems.

Was it a good day?

My weekends are fine. My problem is my office. I'm addicted to sugar and I work in an office loaded with sweets and junk food. We even have a refrigerator loaded with cake, cookies, and donuts. I know people will bring Halloween candy to the office that they don't want to leave at home. The holidays are horrible because people (employees and clients) leave chocolates and other food gifts on my desk (this year might be different -- so far I've asked one person 3-4 times to please not do that anymore -- he's old and forgets). I not only can't stop eating sweets once I start, but I get migraines from too much chocolate.

I did without sweets from April to August, and then in September began to eat them again -- and once I start, I can't stop.

Did you feel like going out of control, but made it through?

I will be fine today (this is Sunday). Monday might be a different story.
  • blizzardsmom
    blizzardsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good Luck everyone it is going to be a great November. Someone else said that "cheat meals" don't work for them because it causes extreme sugar cravings. I know this problem!! I have also noticed that if I have a bad day and log EVERYTHING and then click on the completed box (green box at the end) it will come up red and tell me in 5 weeks I will weigh XXX and of course it would be an increase in my weight. That box in red and the number going up, theres a wake up call !!!

We can all do this, one binge free meal at a time. Think of it as a test (3 meals a day X 30 days), I want 100% on this test!

For those that feel ok I'll have one more binge before this begins, thats just more calories to work off.

November 1st is All Saints Day in my faith, I will be calling on all the saints to help keep me strong.

What ever works for each of us!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!
  • CC13x
    CC13x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

This sounds like a great group for me to join :)

Cannot wait to start "No Binge November"

I sometimes struggle with binge eating as I am recovering from Bulimia and looking for a healthy way to start losing weight but also try not to fall back into my old ways xx
  • squitio
    squitio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just joined. I am also a binge eater. And a bulimic, and a retired anorexic. The path I am trying to walk is one of peace and wellness. Life is so crazy. Work is crazy, my family can be crazy. I long for peace and calm. I hate conflict. I binge when I feel that the world around me is completely out of my control. When I feel that I can have no impact on the actions of others. Binging is a physical thing that makes what I feel a grotesque reality. If I purge, it is like vomiting all the craziness out of myself, being empty and calm. It is bizarre and disordered thinking and psychologically inappropriate, I know. I need to find my zen other ways. Binging because I feel helpless to stop other peoples madness is crazy.
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I so need this!

my weight has fluctuated over the years...not too much - but got close to goal weight a couple years ago and now I'm back about 30lbs over (won't step on a scale : (

My pattern is this...I exercise (almost) every morning. Although aches and pains of aging are starting to really interfere with the intensity of my workout so I am overall burning less calories there...

I diligently eat a healthy breakfast and pack my meals for the day...my downfall is when I get home in the evening...I am usually hungry and end up eating everything in sight...any suggestions?

I love the no-binge November idea and hope it well work for me...one question...can we start now??

looking forward to some much needed support from this group...
  • MsMischief
    MsMischief Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    runner: I've already started mentally, the group is up, I'm sure you're allowed to start early.

For the evening thing I'd suggest either a cup of tea or a small, either easy or pre-prepared snack to tide you through cooking dinner. My go-to's are a glass of skim milk, the aforementioned cup of tea, a small amount of cheese (use scales or pre-packaged, and don't forget to log), a glass of orange juice or a piece of fruit. The key is limit yourself to one serving, so you're still hungry when the food is done.
  • tea4rose
    tea4rose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    no binge November ....what a great idea :)

I am defiantly in!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So last night was my party! Lots of booze,food,and laughs. My friend even surprised me with a birthday cake! And now all the excitement of October is over..

Today the cake was still calling my name, and I had a slice (counted it into my daily cals)

My boyfriend got take out (I ate a few pieces of his left overs, no biggie)

And Ill have a nice supper of probably cooked veggies =)

I think Im going to cut up the rest of the cake & squares I made for last night and give them away so Im not tempted to eat anymore of them.

Any tomorrow Im hitting of the gym like a mad women!! >.<
  • MsMischief
    MsMischief Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today went well. Late breakfast, accidentally skipped lunch and had a nice carrot and coriander soup for tea. My kcal intake was a bit on the low side today, but considering I ate over 2500 kcal yesterday, I'm sure I'll be fine.
  • Hey_Helen
    Options
    I'm in!
    Today was a good day, however, last two days were awful! It's so hard to control binge eating...
    It seems like when you start you just can't stop!
    "No Binge November" sounds great and I will try my best!
    Good luck to everyone!
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm just now getting over a week long binge from my fiance birthday on Sept 20 th. I did gain 10.8 pounds. today I'm down 6.8 of those pounds. Can't wait to get back in the 150's and keep going down. My birthday is November 14 th and while i will celebrate i will not make it a week long thing! Only that evening thing lol! Good luck everyone
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,390 Member
    Options
    Today was a great day! Four "No Binge" days for me. Walked 4.32 miles this morning -- half of that with my grandpuppy and then got in 60 minutes of exercise on three different challenges. I only ate what was written down...NOTHING MORE! I was within my calorie allotment and, hopefully, the scale will reflect all this hard work in the morning.

Hope everyone has a grand Monday!

Chris
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    So today I went over my calls. But to be honest I logged an extra subway sandwich just in case! I was mindful while I was eating, work put on a platter for professional development day. There was cake so I had a piece, after I thought about it, the consequences and knowing full well I couldn't make it to the gym this afternoon. I had another piece of cake with lunch, because the first piece tasted so yummy lol.

I know it isn't November but im thinking is it binge eating if I'm mindful? If I way up the consequences of my actions and make a conscience choice to eat it?? To me decision based eating is one of the first steps to recovery and learning... I know I can go to the gym tomorrow and I know I can be under my caps tomorrow as I was yesterday so today becomes evened out???

Or am I thinking like a person who just wants to eat cake???

Inbox me if you like, or feel passionate (about cake?) because I may not read comments until the weekend

Xx
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    So today I went over my calls. But to be honest I logged an extra subway sandwich just in case! I was mindful while I was eating, work put on a platter for professional development day. There was cake so I had a piece, after I thought about it, the consequences and knowing full well I couldn't make it to the gym this afternoon. I had another piece of cake with lunch, because the first piece tasted so yummy lol.

I know it isn't November but im thinking is it binge eating if I'm mindful? If I way up the consequences of my actions and make a conscience choice to eat it?? To me decision based eating is one of the first steps to recovery and learning... I know I can go to the gym tomorrow and I know I can be under my caps tomorrow as I was yesterday so today becomes evened out???

Or am I thinking like a person who just wants to eat cake???

Inbox me if you like, or feel passionate (about cake?) because I may not read comments until the weekend

Xx

Personally I dont think an extra piece of cake is a binge. It probably brought you over your weight loss calories, but not your maintenance cals. So at least you shouldnt be gaining! =)

Ps. cake rocks! LMAO
  • ploppersdf1
    ploppersdf1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say I've been doing good. I didn't go nearly as far over my calories on. My binge day as I usually go so my start has been pretty preductive.
  • Sunshine70Smith
    Sunshine70Smith Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Survived the weekend with no bingeing (sp?). End of the day on Monday and still doing well. I have been over my calories EVERY DAY but not by a lot (25-75). Not bad for my 1st week back at this. Now to figure out a schedule that will get my butt off the couch and working out.
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day! I thought about forgetting my cal goal because my mom took me to go see a movie and I thought about getting a billion calorie bucket of popcorn, but in the end, I decided to ask her to go to lunch with me to a Mexican resturant and I got my 2 Tacos De Carne Asada and 7 tortillia chips. I was so proud of the fact that I didn't cave that I changed my profile pic to the tacos!
  • jantura
    jantura Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found this group! I need it for support.
    Today was a very bad day at work. I wanted to eat everything in sight in the cafeteria at lunch....BUT I DIDN'T !!!!
    It was really difficult to control the binge.
    I had to text my husband for a motivational "you can do this."
    Ugh.....November isn't even here yet.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Today was good.
    Ate some chocolate but only the amount i wanted to eat and stayed under calories. Ate 3 blocks and threw away the rest!!!
    Problem: The dude in my house went grocery shopping with me and bought tons of foods i want to binge on with a HUGE passion.:explode:

I did buy lots of wonderful healthy food though... so helpfully i can stay to my side of the kitchen
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Can I join you for 2/3 of november if I start today instead hehe (infact I have been way under cals for 3days yay)

It is my birthday on 21st november so I wanna take the a couple of days around that off. Then back on it, which will help me save for xmas too and get lots of running around the shops in.