• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    add another 7.0 miles for today

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Oh the curse of the fitbit. :bigsmile: I am also under it's spell. And yes Dave and all, there are badges for 20000 steps and 25000 steps and.....and worse for me, with my one flight of stairs at home, badges for 25 floors and 50 floors and .......And it keeps track of how many times you earn the 10000 step badge and the 15000 step badge and so on. (Yes, I am mildly obsessed I know :blushing: )
    On days I don't work and don't have other obligations, I can get fixated on making the next step badge etc. :blushing: Oh well, at least it's a reasonably healthy obsession anyway. :happy:

Had time for a nice walk on the treadmill after the family went home tonight. Added another 4 miles.

December total 120 miles. :bigsmile: OK I only have 5 miles to go....I know I can get this.

exercise.png

So many movers are near or past their goals. YAY!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Let's keep going!
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Ran 5K on the treadmill and then did a brisk walk for a total of 3.8 miles. Not as much as I had hoped....wanted to do the bike too, but I do still have two more days to get the remaining 9.8 miles for goal. And I probably should be careful not to overdo it as my hip is still healing. It's getting better every day though and I'm almost walking completely normally again. :)

Dave

rI85m6.png
  • heidicalif
    heidicalif Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm just now checking in for the first time this month. I've been sick, my kids have been sick, repeat, and repeat again. Better late than never, right? Thanks Darkrider42 for checking in on me earlier this month. :)

My goal for December was 100 miles, but so far I have logged 55.1, almost all of it walking vs. my usual bike riding. My energy is still really low from this last run of illness and I'm still not eating normal food -- my legs got weak on me today walking around my small house. Ugh.

Can't wait to catch up!
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Well, I just heard that our friendly spammer is back at it again sending PM's trying to lure people to UGLworkouts.com. If you get a message from that user (Don't mention the name publicly), let me know please. I will make sure they are dealt with.

Thank you!
    Dave

I got that a few weeks ago and didn't know where it came from. Ignored it.

One disclaimer on the Fitbit smartphone sync - it doesn't work if you have an iPhone 4 or older (like I do). The bluetooth technology changed with the 4S.
    Regarding the spammer, I have received word from MFP Staff that they have already been removed and should be blocked from creating any further accounts on MFP for violating site policy again after having already been warned before.

Darn, didn't know that about the iPhone and syncing the Fitbit...sorry.

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

And now making GOOOOOOAL is...LUCKYSUSAN! :drinker::drinker::drinker:

VHUBER - Look at you go! Can't keep you down for long! :smile:

RAASY - Hope you got put your feet up and rest your eyes after that run! :smile:

ICIASULLO - LOL! Now you've got that song stuck in my head! :laugh: You can* do it though!

SANDYWERKS - I'm really glad to hear you were able to get your run in without your hamstring acting up. That's great news!

LAURA6887 - Congrats on the 70lb loss badge!!! That's awesome! :drinker:

CHRISTENAFREDA - That's an excellent milestone running a sub-10:00 minute per mile pace! :happy:

CPANUS - That's a nice ride, Chris! I wish biking would count for steps too! Or something*... :)

TAXMOM9093 - Oh wow....it's an epidemic!!! This Fitbit obsession!! :laugh: Sounds like we could start and fill another entire Group! :bigsmile: And glad to know that making your goal is still in reach. :flowerforyou:

HEIDICALIF - Awww so sorry to hear you've had such a rough month. Hope you continue getting better and regaining your strength. Hang in there. :flowerforyou:

Only 579 miles to go to reach the 300K milestone now! :happy:

Happy moving, everyone!!
    Dave
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Add me to the Fitbit love. I just got a 750 mile badge (started in May) . Boggles my little mind. I'm hitting 10K more consistently now, but still need to pick up the pace and go for more. Didn't quite get there last night, I'm in charge at work and I spent too much time at the desk being ringmaster of this circus. Then we exploded with more patients and I've been moving around, so today should be fine after I get some sleep. :yawn:

Just got the new lime green band. I change colors every time I charge it to liven things up a bit.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options

Darn, didn't know that about the iPhone and syncing the Fitbit...sorry.

Dave

Actually, a lot of devices running Bluetooth are going to 4.0 or Smart Bluetooth. Examples are Polar, Wahoo, Fitbit. The 4S, 5 and 5S all have it. I'm guessing the 5C but I don't know for sure. The last couple of generations of Droids should have it. The Galaxy S4 has it and I think the S3 has it too. Only the newest of the Microsoft phones have it. So if you are thinking of getting something like the Polar H7 heart rate monitor or a fitbit, make sure you have a device that can drive it. Also, remember that Bluetooth devices can only pair with one other device. Your phone can pair with more than one Bluetooth (smart Bluetooth) but the Fitbit, the Polar H7 HRM, the Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth devices can only pair with one phone or one computer but not both. If you pair your HRM with your bike computer, you can't pair it with your phone and visa versa. Now you can run multiple apps on the phone because it's the phone, not the app it pairs with. ANT+ is becoming less popular because of the power consumption and the requirement for adapters to make them work, but an ANT+ devices can pair with multiple devices, phones, computers and so on.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,229 Member
    Options
    I got the coolest gift for Christmas! The Mio Alpha heart rate monitor. No chest strap!! Unlike most monitors with no chest strap, it will do continuous monitoring. You don't have to reach over and touch sensors on the watch like most strapless monitors. It's Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart Bluetooth). It shines a light through the skin on your wrist and a receptor reads the return and measures your pulses. It has a motion sensor to take the bouncing out when you are running, riding, hiking or doing something that shakes your wrist. I've been using it the last couple of times and the HR was almost identical to my Polar H7! Tre Bien! Que Maravilhosa!! E Botimo! I love this thing. If I forget to put it on, I don't have to undress to get it on and since it doesn't rely on electrical signals, I don't have to moisten sensors or work up a sweat before it works. :-) You just put it on your wrist, tell it to find your pulse, and then go. Just thought I would pass that on. :-) Besides, I look good going strapless. :-)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    12/27 - 8 miles
    12/28 - 7 miles
    12/29 - 11 miles
    12/30 - 3 miles

exercise.png
  • Tbee1966
    Tbee1966 Posts: 123
    Options
    12/30: 1 mile

63/44

exercise.png
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    12/27: 1 mile

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I got the coolest gift for Christmas! The Mio Alpha heart rate monitor. No chest strap!! Unlike most monitors with no chest strap, it will do continuous monitoring. You don't have to reach over and touch sensors on the watch like most strapless monitors. It's Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart Bluetooth). It shines a light through the skin on your wrist and a receptor reads the return and measures your pulses. It has a motion sensor to take the bouncing out when you are running, riding, hiking or doing something that shakes your wrist. I've been using it the last couple of times and the HR was almost identical to my Polar H7! Tre Bien! Que Maravilhosa!! E Botimo! I love this thing. If I forget to put it on, I don't have to undress to get it on and since it doesn't rely on electrical signals, I don't have to moisten sensors or work up a sweat before it works. :-) You just put it on your wrist, tell it to find your pulse, and then go. Just thought I would pass that on. :-) Besides, I look good going strapless. :-)

@sufferlandria: Wow! never heard of it before, but now it's at the top of my list for when I'll finally reach my goal weight. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I won't be the only one that will Google it! :wink:
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to make my goal this month :cry:

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I definitely won't be reaching my goal this month, but I'm still moving. It's my daughter's birthday on the 1st of January (wow 18 y.o. already!) so we're having a big dinner and we'll also be celebrating Christmas. The in-laws will be here as well. So I'll be busy running in circles :tongue: and cook for the next few days. Doing weight lifting, but that's doesn't really count.

exercise.png

QOTD:
    tumblr_mylfl2Q2Vm1sr9vtpo1_500.jpg
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Add me to the Fitbit love. I just got a 750 mile badge (started in May) . Boggles my little mind. I'm hitting 10K more consistently now, but still need to pick up the pace and go for more. Didn't quite get there last night, I'm in charge at work and I spent too much time at the desk being ringmaster of this circus. Then we exploded with more patients and I've been moving around, so today should be fine after I get some sleep. :yawn:

Just got the new lime green band. I change colors every time I charge it to liven things up a bit.

I bought the pink one in October, and have black & slate. Want the lime green one though!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

@sufferlandria: Wow! never heard of it before, but now it's at the top of my list for when I'll finally reach my goal weight. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I won't be the only one that will Google it! :wink:

That sounds super cool!

Edit: Just read a Runner's World article that gave it mixed reviews. Negatives were that there isn't GPS and that you can't connect it to your PC (so you can't download the data or upload any software updates), but the review was from this summer and technology can change a lot in a few months.
  • Kanyon17
    Kanyon17 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Goal: 40km

12/04: 4.32km
    12/05: 1.77km
    12/07: 2.45km
    12/08: 2.94km
    12/10: 3.18km
    12/13: 3.78km
    12/14: 1.78km
    12/18: 2.61km
    12/19: 4.03km
    12/24: 2.43km
    12/25: 4.22km
    12/26: 4.28km
    12/29: 3.59km

Total: 41.38km
    Left: 0km

Reached my goal!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    12/29 - 0.75 mile walking - lazy day with rain all day!

Total to date: 99.75 of 90
This discussion has been closed.