December 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• jannalovescoffee
    jannalovescoffee Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I got a LOT closer than I thought....I have one more run for the month tomorrow and won't be making a 6 1/2 mile run :-)

exercise.png

4.02 Miles Saturday
    33.55 Miles total
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Ran 5K on the treadmill and then did a brisk walk for a total of 3.8 miles. Not as much as I had hoped....wanted to do the bike too, but I do still have two more days to get the remaining 9.8 miles for goal. And I probably should be careful not to overdo it as my hip is still healing. It's getting better every day though and I'm almost walking completely normally again. :)

Dave

Definitely don't overdo it! Be bad to strain it and set yourself back further.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It's colder & darker (less day-light) now in NH and will be that way for a few months, which means the long rides and runs have come to a close for the season . . . However, there will be more spinning, swimming and even some "Freeze Your Buns" series runs this winter. *and some skiing too.

Going to set my goal at 65 miles for December.

Dec. 2nd: 12 miles (*Spin*)
    Dec. 2nd: 15 miles (*Spin*)
    Dec. 11th: 6 miles (*Elliptical*)
    Dec. 13th: 12 miles (*Spin*)
    Dec. 13th 1 mile (*Swimming*)
    Dec. 15th: 2 miles (*Yule Light Up The Night*)
    Dec. 16th: 12 miles (*Spin*)
    Dec. 18th: 2.5 miles (*Treadmill*)
    Dec. 20th: 12 miles (*Spin*)
    Dec. 21st: 6.5 miles (*Snow-Covered Trail Run*)
    Dec. 30th: 12 miles (*Spin*)

Total: 93 miles for December (*did better than I thought / hoped)
  • RedBess
    RedBess Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    12/30: 6.36km

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Since there are so many of us using fitbits, why don't we start an @ss-mover fitbit group? It shouldn't be that hard and it doesn't take any extra tracking work. What do you think?
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    12/24+ 9.02 miles running at 13:24 pace
    12/26 + 7.18 miles running at 13:10 pace

exercise.png
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    12.29. 3.56

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    I got the coolest gift for Christmas! The Mio Alpha heart rate monitor. No chest strap!! Unlike most monitors with no chest strap, it will do continuous monitoring. You don't have to reach over and touch sensors on the watch like most strapless monitors. It's Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart Bluetooth). It shines a light through the skin on your wrist and a receptor reads the return and measures your pulses. It has a motion sensor to take the bouncing out when you are running, riding, hiking or doing something that shakes your wrist. I've been using it the last couple of times and the HR was almost identical to my Polar H7! Tre Bien! Que Maravilhosa!! E Botimo! I love this thing. If I forget to put it on, I don't have to undress to get it on and since it doesn't rely on electrical signals, I don't have to moisten sensors or work up a sweat before it works. :-) You just put it on your wrist, tell it to find your pulse, and then go. Just thought I would pass that on. :-) Besides, I look good going strapless. :-)

@sufferlandria: Wow! never heard of it before, but now it's at the top of my list for when I'll finally reach my goal weight. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I won't be the only one that will Google it! :wink:

That sounds super cool!

Edit: Just read a Runner's World article that gave it mixed reviews. Negatives were that there isn't GPS and that you can't connect it to your PC (so you can't download the data or upload any software updates), but the review was from this summer and technology can change a lot in a few months.

It's just a heart rate monitor (and a watch). The reviewer in Runners world was comparing apples to oranges. It's not a running computer, just a heart rate monitor like a Polar H7 or a Wahoo Fitness heart monitor. They don't keep the data. They Bluetooth link to your computer or your phone and rely on your app to record and interpret the data. What it does is take your heart rate in an incredibly easy method and transmit it to your bike computer or your smart phone. I saw the article and it is comparing it to running computers with HRMs but that's not what it is. It is just a HRM that uses a novel approach to getting your heart rate and then uses Bluetooth to get those numbers to your exercise computer or smart phone app. Check out the review by DCRainmaker. He buys a lot of equipment and since it wasn't solicited equipment, he can do some pretty unbiased reviews. This was one of the products and he gave it pretty good reviews. I know in the few times I've used it, I've been really impressed. :-)
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

exercise.png

added 3 miles today new total 78.15 miles
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas - still learning to use it but could be interesting! Would we log all our mileage our just our special fitness walks like I do now?
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen/joined Moon Joggers? A friend posted about it on Facebook. In 2013, they had people pledge miles that would get them to the moon and back. This year they are trying to get to Venus! Sort of like this challenge, but trying to get 25,000,000 miles total! :smile:

http://www.moonjoggers.com/registration/

There are different levels of registration and it can be free if you don't want the medal or t shirt. It looks like fun to me and since I am already tracking all my miles, why not?

I think this is only running/walking miles and not all the rest that we can use here though.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options

exercise.png

Might be 6 miles short of my goal if I cannot get out for a run tomorrow
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It has beena struggle at times but tomorrow I shall do it!

exercise.png
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    adding 7.84
    mtd 52

exercise.png
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    12/30: 1.83

Was hoping to get in a jog/run/walk today, but not looking likely due to serious DOMS and schedule issues. Hoping tomorrow to hit the ultimate goal!!!

exercise.png
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    11 miles done.

exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    A round up of all my missing data - I think I've exceeded my goal.

20th: 6.54 m
    21st: 3.49 m
    22nd: 8.66 m
    23rd: 2.88 m
    24th: 4.69 m
    25th: 5.97 m
    26th: 14.88 m (11m of which was on a stationary bike)
    27th: 5.35 m (3.6 m of which was on a stationary bike)
    28th: 8.18 m
    29th: 7.51 m
    30th: 3.94 m
    And tomorrow I'm going up a very muddy hill, weather permitting.

Total: 198.27

To go: Goal plus 78.27 m

Target: 120 miles

exercise.png

Since there are so many of us using fitbits, why don't we start an @ss-mover fitbit group? It shouldn't be that hard and it doesn't take any extra tracking work. What do you think?

Sounds like a good idea - I suffer from the curse of the fitbit too - I've had mine since March and have done 3,662,853 steps since then. WOW that's 1,623.41 miles!!!!!!
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yesterday - Walk 3 miles, Bike 5 miles
    Today - Run3.5 miles

Total for December - 117.5 miles out of 120

exercise.png
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Like!!
This discussion has been closed.