December 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,435 Member
    Options
    Adding 9.91 miles today and just wanted to mention...19,722 steps! :drinker:

Four miles was with my grandpuppy, Bean, and five miles was with a Leslie DVD...

exercise.png

It was a beautiful day!

Chris
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not going to make my goal this month...but that is okay, I'm good with where I am goal wise.:smile:

January is another month and I *WILL* make my goal then.

I had an allergic reaction to a power bar and possibly the curry I ate for lunch on Saturday. Yesterday and today was spent short of breath and dealing with my swollen face and tongue. I have a script for steroids and directions to take Benadryl every four hours on the dot, and to use Vaseline only on my split lips-and to stop scratching the hives on my face and hands. I can go back to work tomorrow but still have to keep a low profile and stay away from anything too taxing.

December Miles.

Walking: 41.45 Miles
    Biking: 82.92 Miles

Total Miles 124.37 Miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Ran 5K on the treadmill and then did a brisk walk for a total of 3.8 miles. Not as much as I had hoped....wanted to do the bike too, but I do still have two more days to get the remaining 9.8 miles for goal. And I probably should be careful not to overdo it as my hip is still healing. It's getting better every day though and I'm almost walking completely normally again. :)

Dave

Definitely don't overdo it! Be bad to strain it and set yourself back further.
    Definitely...and thank you. I now suspect that whatever I did was worse than just a strain or pull now though. I've noticed a fair amount of bruising that appeared in the last day or so meaning that there must have been some tearing that resulted in bleeding. :ohwell: But it is feeling better and didn't affect my run hardly at all last night.

Dave

Ouch! Sounds like you're already doing this, but just listen to your body. It will let you know PDQ if it's not happy with what you're doing.
    I'm still putting the Arnica gel on it (AMAZING STUFF!), alternating between heating pad and ice packs, ibuprofen, drinking lots of water, light stretching, and a little foam rolling. I figured out precisely which muscle it was tonight and why it doesn't bother me to run. It isn't any muscle used to propel me forward...it's the one that moves my left leg straight to the side. Like if I lay on my right side and try to lift my left leg straight up like a scissor, OWWWW, that's* the muscle. :ohwell: I just hope it doesn't take as long to heal like the tendon tear I had on my knee that just stopped hurting a couple of months ago after bothering me for a freaking year and a half.... :noway:

Dave
  • darkrider42
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

More GOALMAKERS to report!!! WIGHTROSE, LOVEMYALEX, TAXMOM9093 and ME!! :drinker::drinker::drinker:

CPANUS - 19,722 steps is awesome!!! :smile:

DJMICHEALS - OH NO!!!! That's awful! Sorry you are having to go through that. Sure hope it goes away soon. :flowerforyou:

And I am very* happy to report that.....WE DID IT!!!!!!! So very proud of each and every single one of you for every single mile you've put in. This is something that we have all done together. What a wonderful way to finish out this year! :flowerforyou:
    1zzowhc.jpg

And in case you don't get a chance to log in tomorrow, let me just wish you all a Blessed, Happy New Year! :smile: I can't even tell you all how much being a part of this group of people has meant to me this year. It's just what I needed. Thank you all so much for being such an amazingly kind, caring and supportive group of people. You're the best. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    add 4.1 miles for today

just recalculated my mileage, not sure how i messed up but it would appear that at times it was miles and other times it was km...so the new total is as the ticker shows, in the correct mileage. so so so very sorry

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    add 4.1 miles for today

just recalculated my mileage, not sure how i messed up but it would appear that at times it was miles and other times it was km...so the new total is as the ticker shows, in the correct mileage. so so so very sorry

exercise.png
    No worries at all, Wanderan! Easy enough to fix...it literally took me like 11 seconds. :smile:

Dave
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,435 Member
    Options
    Just needed to report that I made 20,118 Fitbit steps today!! Picked up the remaining steps chasing the grandpuppy and his squeaky squirrel!

Chris
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Just needed to report that I made 20,118 Fitbit steps today!! Picked up the remaining steps chasing the grandpuppy and his squeaky squirrel!

Chris

YAAAAAY!!!! I didn't want to say anything before, Chris, but that would have driven me batty to be only 278 steps away from getting 20,000 steps.... :laugh::laugh::laugh: Congrats on reaching that new and very impressive number!!! :drinker:

Dave
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    31 Dec 10.3 miles

MTD 155.69 miles

OH no! So close _ I think a cycle ride is about to happen!! Be back in a wee while!!

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    OK 31 Dec 5 miles
    MTD 160.69 miles

exercise.png
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    11.92miles since my last update for a total of 175.01miles.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Since there are so many of us using fitbits, why don't we start an @ss-mover fitbit group? It shouldn't be that hard and it doesn't take any extra tracking work. What do you think?

Would this be in addition to/a subpart of/instead of this group?

Okay, I just created a MYAC fitbit group at http://www.fitbit.com/group/223SRT. You are welcome to join.
    The purpose of the group is to provide some extra motivation to @ss-movers who already use a fitbit device. It doesn't replace anything, it's meant to enhance the myac experience and it's strictly optional :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OK 31 Dec 5 miles
    MTD 160.69 miles

exercise.png

Woohoo Leanz, you did it :drinker:
  • Kaplat
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

More GOALMAKERS to report!!! WIGHTROSE, LOVEMYALEX, TAXMOM9093 and ME!! :drinker::drinker::drinker:

CPANUS - 19,722 steps is awesome!!! :smile:

DJMICHEALS - OH NO!!!! That's awful! Sorry you are having to go through that. Sure hope it goes away soon. :flowerforyou:

And I am very* happy to report that.....WE DID IT!!!!!!! So very proud of each and every single one of you for every single mile you've put in. This is something that we have all done together. What a wonderful way to finish out this year! :flowerforyou:
    1zzowhc.jpg

And in case you don't get a chance to log in tomorrow, let me just wish you all a Blessed, Happy New Year! :smile: I can't even tell you all how much being a part of this group of people has meant to me this year. It's just what I needed. Thank you all so much for being such an amazingly kind, caring and supportive group of people. You're the best. :flowerforyou:

Dave

Awesome work team - you all rock!
    Thanks for all the support and encouragement and to our moderators for keeping us all on track.
    All the very best for 2014 to you all :flowerforyou:
  • Kaplat
    Options
    30 & 31 Dec 6.19 kms
    MTD 129.79 kms
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Since there are so many of us using fitbits, why don't we start an @ss-mover fitbit group? It shouldn't be that hard and it doesn't take any extra tracking work. What do you think?

Would this be in addition to/a subpart of/instead of this group?

Okay, I just created a MYAC fitbit group at http://www.fitbit.com/group/223SRT. You are welcome to join.
    The purpose of the group is to provide some extra motivation to @ss-movers who already use a fitbit device. It doesn't replace anything, it's meant to enhance the myac experience and it's strictly optional :bigsmile:

exercise.png

Joined. And thanks.

So happy that we made the 300K miles. I'll contribute some more after some coffee and more consciousness.
  • JessieBessieBoo
    JessieBessieBoo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Today's run was my last hurrah. Thanks to 84 hour work weeks the last two weeks, my running was sub-par for the month.

exercise.png
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    12/30 - 4 miles walking
    Total to date: 103.75 of 90
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
This discussion has been closed.