Leslie Sansone December 2013 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers! Can you believe it.... December is around the corner, and time to be planning on joining the new monthly challenge! It is the last month of 2013 :noway: , and as we know this is a very busy month with so many joyful celebrations and family times ahead for those who celebrate Christmas and the other holidays this month. Even if you don't celebrate any special days it is a month to enjoy winter (or summer if in the southern hemisphere) and the many fun activities of the new season.

Having Leslie's DVDs to pop in the player will help us stay strong and fit as we enjoy December.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, but those great walks outside or on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs, count also. However you get your walk on, join us!

We are a positive, supportive group, and I promise that this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. Post your results daily, weekly, however you like.

If you happened to find this group during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days. You are ALWAYS welcome!

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, and inquiring minds sometimes just want to know. So please share if you would like to.

So tie up those shoes and get some water, and let's start walking the December 2013 challenge together :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My goal is 48 Miles for the month of Dec. The hope is for 12 miles a week....If all goes as planned I will go over that but 48 is the goal!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on challenging myself further and aiming for 150 miles for December. That is almost 5 miles daily. I have signed up for a month membership at a local community center that has an indoor track so I plan on walking there and with Jessica Smith to mix things up a bit.

Good luck everyone!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    This months goal will be 65 miles and I hope the weather will hold up so I can do most of these outside!

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    You beat me to it again Chris.

I will do 150 miles this month. Only 10 more than last month but I want to do some strength training too this month.

good luck everyone. Keep walking. See you all along the way.
  • deedee710
    deedee710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join your challenge. I'm very familiar with Leslie Sansone, I have many of her videos and dvd's. It's getting much to cold to walk outside here in southern NH so I've been thinking about walking inside more and pulling out my old tapes again.

So glad I was browsing groups tonight!!

Dee
  • RicaJamie
    Options
    Hello! I just joined the group in the end of November, so I am excited to start a new challenge with you all! I am looking to do 80 miles in December, 20 miles a week, or between 2 and 3 miles a day! Some days will be 1 - some days will be 4!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Goal for December: 185 miles
    To date: 0 miles
    Left: 185 miles

I'll be doing a mix of these:
    1) Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Fat Burner Walk + Cooldown
    2) Leslie Sansone 3 Mile Radio Remixes Walk to the Hits + Cooldown
    3) 1 mile walk to library (half mile there, half mile back on my rest day once a week)
  • 2essie
    Options
    Here we go again. Has everyone got their walking shoes on?

Nice to see new people in here too. Welcome to Deedee and RicaJamie.

On your marks, get set, GO.....................and very good luck to everyone.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Sunday:

0 miles: DVD

3 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for December: 50 combined miles

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 3 outdoor miles

Let's walk strong during December :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Welcome RicaJamie & Deedee to our monthly walk challenge! It is so good to see many familiar faces here to walk with again!

You all inspire and encourage me :flowerforyou:
  • RicaJamie
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes ladies!!! I'm excited to post my first walk of the month!

December 1st: - 3 mile weight loss walk (with weights).

December Total: 3
    Left to goal: 77
  • 2essie
    Options
    Goal 150

walked today 5.36 miles

Miles left to walk 144.64.

Long way to go yet lol.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Dec 1- 6 miles

Total Miles: 6 miles
    Goal: 150 miles
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I have no clue how many miles I'm going to walk this month. I'm just going to keep walking. Ha-ha.

12-1-13 4 Mile Super Challenge

Ann
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm back after a lengthy absence. I hurt my foot over the summer so wasn't able to WAH (or walk much anywhere else for a while). I did set a goal for last month of 45 miles and exceeded it I just didn't get around to posting it here. Based on last month's results. I'm going to set a goal for 55 miles. I should be able to have time to make it since I get extra time off form work during the holiday week.

Happy walking!
    Happy holidays!

Joanne C
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wTIAiMz/]
    exercise.png
    [/url]

Dec 2nd walked 4 miles in 2 sessions outside- a lovely mild day on the coast here
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hello,

I'm back after a lengthy absence. I hurt my foot over the summer so wasn't able to WAH (or walk much anywhere else for a while). I did set a goal for last month of 45 miles and exceeded it I just didn't get around to posting it here. Based on last month's results. I'm going to set a goal for 55 miles. I should be able to have time to make it since I get extra time off form work during the holiday week.

Happy walking!
    Happy holidays!

Joanne C
    JoanneC, Happy to see you back, and recovering nicely from your foot injury. Good for you for walking last month with us even if you hadn't been able to post it.

Looking forward to 'walking' with you in December :smile: .

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Monday:

3 miles: Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for December: 50 combined miles

So far: 3 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 3 outdoor miles

Enjoy your evening :flowerforyou:
  • 2essie