Eat, Train, Progress Interview with Steve Troutman

Options

Replies

• andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you *so much* for providing this. Super informative and helpful!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It's taken me all day to get through reading this (5 kids on a Sunday and all :laugh: ) but that was very worthwhile! Thanks!
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    Thank you so much, SideSteel, Sara, and Steve!
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.

Like him, my trainer wanted me to do more movement based things to get weight off quickly. I ended up not getting more sessions with him after I used up all of them. I'd rather do more heavy lifting than circuit training. I know it's slower, but it's a lot more fun. I'd rather enjoy myself along a scenic rout than take a busy, boring highway any day.
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Fantastic read!! Looking forward to more :)
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Fighting the urge to post a gif.

Must. Not. Give. In... Gah.

vader_didnt_read.gif
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, that was an awesome read. Thanks for getting the interview!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steve for taking the time to answer, and to sidesteel and Sara!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Mmm, very helpful and interesting thank you. It makes me realise that my particular parameters (can't go more then 3x/week, family, aversion to deprivation and cardio) will limit what I can achieve - but that that knowledge will help me maximise it. Self realisation is a great thing!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Tagging to read later. Thanks for posting!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steve!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for the positive feedback and for taking the time to read through all of that. If there are any follow up questions I'd be happy to hear them.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    As an aside, I like the idea of using a CBT framework as a tool to assist clients. I have seen this (and similar modes) have great effects on anxiety and depression and related disorders, it would be interesting to see how you integrate this into your practice!

I only bring it up with clients who are struggling. And when I do, my suggestions totally depend on the client. If you're really interested in CBT, I'd start with reading through Dr. David Burns book titled Feeling Good. It's chock full of a ton of great info and a number of tools that I use with my clients.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Mmm, very helpful and interesting thank you. It makes me realise that my particular parameters (can't go more then 3x/week, family, aversion to deprivation and cardio) will limit what I can achieve - but that that knowledge will help me maximise it. Self realisation is a great thing!

I wouldn't say it limits what you can achieve. You can get a lean as your genetics and body allow with 3 available days for training. Of course the less you train the tighter you have to be nutritionally. But that's life, right... it's all about compromises.
  • spookyjo
    spookyjo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later, thank you.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Fighting the urge to post a gif.

Must. Not. Give. In... Gah.

vader_didnt_read.gif

Is that at Disneyworld? Looks very familiar...
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Thank you so much for this. It's so full of great information that I'll be reading it again and again.
  • coccodrillo72
    coccodrillo72 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good questions and great answers, thank you for sharing this.
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump to finish after work. Wonderful read so far.