Non Scale Victories--share the joy! Part 2

Options
m23prime
m23prime Posts: 358 Member
This is a continuation of the NSV thread started here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/1069160-milestones-other-than-the-scale

But it has grown long and unweildy as more and more of you report the little things, other than raw numbers, that make what we are doing here so exciting.

It could be old pants that fit again, or new pants that don't anymore. It can be an increase in energy, or just the joy of a sincere compliment ringing in your ear.

Here is the place to share all the wonder and excitement that is coming from your commitment to change.

It has been my favorite topic since this group began. i can't wait to read more of your stories.

Replies

• emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I had one at the gym the other night. There's an arm/back machine that requires you to sit and press two bars down to your sides. Until this past week, I couldn't use that machine since my hips were too wide for me to press the bars down. Then I tried it on Wednesday night, and magically it worked! I was so surprised and very pleased :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    I can see the tips of my toes now when I'm standing up and looking down. Been awhile... :smile:
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I can zip my favorite leather jacket again. Yay!! (And just in time...it's getting cold!) :wink:
  • m23prime
    Options
    Without hesitation, I picked up a dime I dropped in the grocery store lineup today. Six months ago, I used to think twice before picking up anything less than a loonie.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Most old friends recognize me because they saw me gain the weight I'm losing now and know me both ways.

But today one of my husband's bandmates introduced himself. He recently joined the band; but a year ago he tended bar where my DH played; and we saw each other weekly. He knew me at +111 pounds and didn't realize I was the same person today.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    This is so great!!! :)
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    So easy to say now that it is done.

Three days in Disney CA parks. Total time spent in parks, 24 hours. Distance walked, just over 21 miles. Time standing in lines? Who can figure?

The joy of actually fitting in the seat for Space Mountain? Priceless! Went with the family four times on that ride alone. Most fun ever at Disney / CA Advenure parks!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Total time spent in parks, 24 hours. Distance walked, just over 21 miles. The joy of actually fitting in the seat for Space Mountain? Priceless!
    OMG, Dan! Spectacular! ("Priceless" is perfect way to say it.)
  • therejohn
    therejohn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Comfortably fitting in an airline seat, not needing to ask for a seat belt extension, AND having extra room with the seat belt. Felt sooooo good!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Dan! That's the best!!!! That's one of the reasons I want to lose so badly. I will fit onto all the rides at the amusement park!!!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Dan and therejohn those are great!!!! I have never flown but I know the pain of amusement rides!!! So
    Exciting !!!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Becoming a "normal" person is very confusing. My NSV is the moment's delay it takes my mind to realize:

I can squeeze behind someone's chair.
    I need to tighten a seatbelt.
    The clothes in the women's section are going to be too big.
    The chair won't break.
    Let the other folks have a place to sit. I can stand easily.
    I can keep up with my husband.
    Twelve chores in a day are not too many.
    That's an easy walk. I can walk!
    I can stand up to fetch things. It's quick and easy.
    Exercise is do-able.
    Nobody's going to notice me in a crowd.

It's honestly like living in a daze.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    It's amazing how we forget those little things
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have one... but it requires a bit of a back story. We have 2 vehicles: the minivan that goes with whoever has the kids and the Tercel, we mainly use as a commuter car. Its ancient.. '94. A couple years back the lock got busted out when someone broke into it, we didn't fix it.. just sealed the locking mechanism, so it can only be locked and unlocked form the inside. I take it to work and its great for parking at the mall because its so small.

I get off work and it's 12 at night. I'm at the parking garage and walk to my car... it's -28 outside. Someone rear backed into the spot next to me so close that I don't think I can get in. I can barely open my door. I cannot open my passenger door because of the lock. . If you know what mall this is ... I'm never going to find the driver. lol! I get my door open and look at it and figure what the hell.
    I got in!!!!! Now it was incredibly awkward but I did it. lol!!! This would not of happened 6 months ago!!! For note... I did not dent, scratch or damage the other car in anyway... but personally I wouldn't of felt that guilty. :grumble:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    That's so great ;)
    I hate when people park so close
  • m23prime
    Options
    Becoming a "normal" person is very confusing. My NSV is the moment's delay it takes my mind to realize:

It's honestly like living in a daze.

You;re not living in a daze...you are living the dream!

(And it makes me want to Happy Dance when I hear about it!)
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Paula, you are so right! I managed to walk behind someone's chair the other day. They started to move and I said, "It's fine; I got it."...and then I realized, I did! I had it...and I didn't even touch them or their chair!

Another NSV for me was that I've had to start wearing shorts to the pool to do my workouts....my swimsuit bottom got too big!! Yay!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    At work today, a customer asked if I'd lost a lot of weight lately. I said "yes" thinking she'd noticed my skin sagging (didn't think it was THAT bad, but...). But it turned out she was just noticing the difference from the picture on my ID Badge.

I'm probably going to need a new driver's license. The old description does't fit me anymore.

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I did not dent, scratch or damage the other car in anyway...
    nothing for the other driver to remember you by, too bad... I guess there is a down side to getting skinny. :wink:
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I managed to walk behind someone's chair the other day.
    Fun, isn't it! :bigsmile: