Non Scale Victories--share the joy! Part 2

Options

Replies

• hollyla9905
    Options
    Paula I bet you look nothing like yourself before! It's amazing what weight Can do to our looks I can't remember if you ever posted before and after pics....
    Leeanna: I bet you felt amazing after realizing that you could slip by :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Holly, I'll put an old picture on my profile. It's fun. Thanks. 01/14/14 this is me at 300# with my niece. What doesn't show is that I'm quite tall.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Today at work 3 large pizzas found there way into the office. Not only did I not eat a slice, I didn't even want to! I felt fine with it and that is the real NSV for me.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Wow, Paula you look quite different. It must be great!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Today at work 3 large pizzas found there way into the office. Not only did I not eat a slice, I didn't even want to! I felt fine with it and that is the real NSV for me.
    Leanna, that's so great! Congrats!!

Thanks, P1xy, it's the funniest feeling. Fun and stunning at the same time.
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Great new NSVs guys ^_^ Happy for you!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Tucked my shirt in today. :tongue:
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Yay Paula that must have felt so great!!! ;)
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Paula That's awesome!!! I feel so awkward when I tuck in my shirt. Can't stand it. That's a great one! :)
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT, Paula!

And me? As of this morning, I have only one old pair of pants that isn't too big...and even they are a bit loose.

I will struggle on for another week or so, then the February sales start...and I will shop for trousers that are TWELVE inches smaller at the waist than the last time I went clothes shopping nearly two years ago!

I have now dropped down through all of the little pants I kept out of a sense of nostalgia during all those years of getting bigger!

I have gone from a 60 waist to a 48, and i am going to buy 46s next week. (Oh...and I CAN wear a generously cut 44 if I don't tuck my shirt into the muffintop.

Next stop...normie clothing stores!
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Please, don't think I'm weird, but I measure my belly with my palms. I put my open hand under my belly (pinky finger touching my skin) and see how many fingers it covers. When I started, back in may, my belly covered 4 fingers... now just one <3
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Ignaura: I used to do that as well. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    As of this morning, I have only one old pair of pants that isn't too big...and even they are a bit loose.

I will struggle on for another week or so, then the February sales start...and I will shop for trousers that are TWELVE inches smaller at the waist than the last time I went clothes shopping nearly two years ago!

I have now dropped down through all of the little pants I kept out of a sense of nostalgia during all those years of getting bigger!

I have gone from a 60 waist to a 48, and i am going to buy 46s next week. (Oh...and I CAN wear a generously cut 44 if I don't tuck my shirt into the muffintop.

Next stop...normie clothing stores!
    Mark, Congratulations!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Oh mark that's awesome what a difference!

Ignaura 4 fingers to 1 finger is a lot of fingers that's down 3/4ths great job!

You guys are awesome :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    I wore my uniform to work and didn't bother taking a change because I was going to head straight home on Sunday! My husband decides to surprise me and take me out for lunch after my shift. I quickly ran into superstore, to find a shirt (I am not wearing that sack in public)... I tried on a 2x and it fit well, so I tried on a 1x ( I don't want anymore clothes I'm going to grow out of in a month). lol! It fit... (a little tight in the arm but looked good!)!!!!! And this was a chain 1x not a plus sized store. WooHoo! Happy dance!!!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Pixy: Congratulations! It also sounds like your SO is pretty good to surprise you.

NSV: I can fit into my 26's, even the older ones. They are a bit snug at first, but within a few minutes feel comfortable on me. Another one that was somewhat embarassing was the other day on the treadmill I was walking along when my shorts fell half-way off of me exposing my granny panties for a bit. :laugh: There was only one other person in the room though.
  • p1xyn1xy
    Options
    Congrats Etherlily!!!
    I love it when old clothes suddenly fit! :happy: To funny about the treadmill :laugh: , I've had that happen with old exercise pants doing Zumba... but I'm the only one in the room. :blushing:
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Please, don't think I'm weird, but I measure my belly with my palms. I put my open hand under my belly (pinky finger touching my skin) and see how many fingers it covers.
    Ignaura, Looks like we've got lots of company. I used to do this too :smile: but can't anymore. I still have a bulge but no folds. It is so amazing that after losing 125# (and with 50+# more to go) it melted away.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    We were out riding the other day when I noticed my hiking boot had come untied. I thought to myself that I'd have to remember to re-tie it when we next stopped as I have to lift my foot up onto something so I can reach the laces. Well, this little voice said,"give it a try...I bet you can do it sitting down." And I could...easily! I lifted my leg up...not by physically using my hands to do so..I propped that sucker on my other knee and tied my shoe. I was so tickled!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Exciting exciting exciting :)