Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Leanna, That's fabulous!:laugh:
  • Singularity84
    Singularity84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I performed with my flash mob again last night. It was the first performance of the fourth routine that we had learned since we were formed over the summer. It was also part of a marriage proposal! (She said yes, of course :))

Not exactly a NSV, as I joined the mob before my commitment to living healthier, but it's definitely something that motivates me to stay on track, and brings a lot of joy.
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Definitely a great NSV, Singularity!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That is very cool Singularity... so much fun! :)
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun, I am sure as you are getting healthier you are finding it easier as well :)
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have to share what I think is a hilarious NSV. I manage an RV Resort, so I share my daily routine with many people during the Snowbird season. Quite a few of our winter residents have taken an interest in my weight loss and are very encouraging.

Yesterday I was standing on the sidewalk in front of our clubhouse after aerobics class and two of our residents walked up behind me and one said to the other, "Would you look at her butt!" I immediately thought of the song whose lyrics are "I like big butts and I cannot lie"...but that's just me...I digress.....

Anyway, the other woman said, "I know! You can tell she's losing weight. LeAnna, flex your butt." (Seriously...she said that outloud!) I'm trying to laugh it off, but then, the first one pulls up the back of my shirt, and pokes me in the buttocks! (I can't make this stuff up!)

I'm laughing and more than a little embarrassed (and weirdly flattered), when I realize a couple of old guys are hanging out at the pool watching us. Now I'm mortified. And one of the old guys gives me the "thumbs up".

I feel so loved...
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    LeAnna, your NSV is great! I'm sitting here starting my day at work and giggling. The people in my cubicle world probably think I'm nuts. I just think that is an awesome, yet embarrassing, compliment!
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Leanna,

LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (Or your A, as the case may be!)

How funny in a wonderful sort of way.

Paula
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    LeAnna, congratulations for winning the local award for "improving the scenery" of So. AZ!

Ducking and running (which I actually have done dodging traffic a few times already this week!)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Leanna, Awkward... but too funny! Nice though. :happy:
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Thanks, y'all. It was embarrassing but it was also really funny. Being the youngest person in the park, I am often treated like a kid...I think this was an extension of that. :)
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    That is awesome! I could imagine how uncomfortable, but so awesome :)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Leanna, great story!

Today, I actually put my shorts on (yes shorts, it’s that sunny California weather) while standing up without holding on to anything. This may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but I haven’t had the core strength to do this in years. I usually have to sit down or when standing, hold on to something to get my legs in. When standing up and holding on to something, you only have one hand to hold the shorts open to get a leg in. And than, I usually get my foot stuck in a pocket, so I end up sitting down.
  • leannabseven
    Options
    CRoddy, I definitely get it, and yes, it is a big deal. :)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    We’re going to Alaska in a few months so I tried on my hiking boots to make sure that they still fit. They are ¾ top with the top two ‘eyes” being hooks. To get my foot in the proper position to lace it up, I placed it on my foot, then put my foot down on the floor and wiggled my foot until comfortable, then laced it up tight. Then it dawned that I could bend over to the floor now to lace things up, no stomach in the way.
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    These are all great! :) Mine is a little one - I usually just throw my winter coat on, do a button, and go, but it was SO cold here in January that one day I zipped the coat, and then realized, hey, I CAN zip my coat. It wasn't even tight over my belly :)
  • dward59
    Options
    Here are my recent ones after two weeks of travel:

4 different airplanes, not ONE needed a seatbelt extender!

Walked over 40 miles in two weeks of travel for work and sight seeing. (Had to throw away one pair of shoes, they hurt my feet and legs so badly!)

Tightened the belt another notch. The brand new belt I bought just three months ago is now more than half way through the provided belt holes.

Went into crowded bars and was able to navigate the crowds with minimal disruption.

Tripped and was always able to catch my balance (although I did wear expensive Starbucks coffee on one of those almost falls.)

Sat in chairs without once wondering if they would hold me.

Last week was pure FUN!

Oh, and the other morning, I discovered I do actually have ribs again....
  • dward59
    Options
    @CRody44
    We’re going to Alaska in a few months so I tried on my hiking boots to make sure that they still fit. They are ¾ top with the top two ‘eyes” being hooks. To get my foot in the proper position to lace it up, I placed it on my foot, then put my foot down on the floor and wiggled my foot until comfortable, then laced it up tight. Then it dawned that I could bend over to the floor now to lace things up, no stomach in the way.

Isn't that the BEST feeling Chuck?
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Here are my recent ones after two weeks of travel:

4 different airplanes, not ONE needed a seatbelt extender!

Walked over 40 miles in two weeks of travel for work and sight seeing. (Had to throw away one pair of shoes, they hurt my feet and legs so badly!)

Tightened the belt another notch. The brand new belt I bought just three months ago is now more than half way through the provided belt holes.

Went into crowded bars and was able to navigate the crowds with minimal disruption.

Tripped and was always able to catch my balance (although I did wear expensive Starbucks coffee on one of those almost falls.)

Sat in chairs without once wondering if they would hold me.

Last week was pure FUN!

Oh, and the other morning, I discovered I do actually have ribs again....

Dan, I know I've said this before, and I know I'll say it again, but you are freaking amazing. Seriously, I am proud of you for every single one of those accomplishments! WOOHOO!!
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dan, you are so awesome!!!

Here's a new one. We wear uniforms at work. Last uniforms were pants and a Chacabana (A Chacabana is a type of shirt you use outside of the pants [not sure if I'm saying this correctly]). It was perfect because I didn't have to tuck it in. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I could use a shirt tucked in, probably when I was a teenager.

Thing is, now we have new uniforms. Not a Chacabana, but a regular button down shirt. Mine fits wel... I I'm wearing it tucked into my pants. And it looks good. And I feel confident. This is good.