Non Scale Victories--share the joy! Part 2

Options

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Right back atcha Ig. Wearing tucked in shirts is major in this.

Must be those heavy weights you are throwing around! ;-)
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Totally making me smile I hope you are proud Dan, ignaura and chuck! Great accomplishments
    But Dan really wasting the Starbucks.... Gotta spill something cheaper if your going to spill your drink... Starbucks averages about 5 a drink here
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am loving all these...way to go us!

Today one of the ladies in my office said my clothes look too big for me! Yay!

And backward compliment...the other day one of the seasonal maintenance guys said, "you've been losing weight, haven't you? You look so much better than you did last season." Ummm...okay?? It made me happy, but he probably could have stopped talking about half a sentence sooner. Lol ;)
  • dward59
    Options
    Holly. I almost NEVER buy Starbucks, I hate paying that much for a coffee drink. But it was so cold in DC and I had to challenge myself NOT to get their lemon pound cake again... So I got just the coffee, warmed up in the store then headed for 1600 Pennsylvania. Good thing I wasn't going for a visit. Would hate to meet the President wearing sticky chocolate coffee. :laugh:

On the other hand, it entertained the lady walking sort of next to me. I'm just glad I got me and not anybody else!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I didn't think to share this before, but it's a huge non-scale victory. When I first started exercising, I struggled so much. I had no stamina and after I made it half an hour through a walk aerobics class I was so tired.

After 3 months I am able to do more physical exercise than I ever thought possible. Today I jogged in the pool for 45 minutes, then I swam for 20 minutes, and just because I felt like I could do it, I got on the elliptical machine for 35 minutes. And the best part was that I enjoyed it! I did 100 minutes of exercise today!
  • dward59
    Options
    @ Leannabseven
    I don't know why I didn't think to share this before, but it's a huge non-scale victory. When I first started exercising, I struggled so much. I had no stamina and after I made it half an hour through a walk aerobics class I was so tired.

After 3 months I am able to do more physical exercise than I ever thought possible. Today I jogged in the pool for 45 minutes, then I swam for 20 minutes, and just because I felt like I could do it, I got on the elliptical machine for 35 minutes. And the best part was that I enjoyed it! I did 100 minutes of exercise today!

This ^^^ is a cool and, even better, continuing NSV! Great work!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    That is so great LeAnna :) amazing what exercise does for us!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Leanna,

Congratulations on the results of your perseverance!

I think I caught the same but, I enjoy going to the gym.

Chuck
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This is embarrassing but funny. :laugh: I went swimming today... probably for the first time since September. My swimsuit was a bit baggy but I thought I'd be fine. It's a two piece... like a tank top and shorts swimsuit. I jumped into the water and the swimsuit filled with water and tried to fly off. lol! So I'm under water not worrying about surfacing, but desperately trying to keep the thing decent. I had to knot the fabric everywhere to keep it from coming off. I think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. :tongue: I didn't want to get a new one and then not have it fit, when I lost more weight. It was great and horrible at the same time. :blushing: Probably TMI, but it's my NSV for the day.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    You guys are making me so happy. :laugh: These are all so spectacular and amazing and fantastic! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    Okay. Here's a funny one. I was dying my hair tonight. First time I've done it by myself. BTW it turned out brown (not green), so whew.

Anyway, I haven't bought new pajamas since I lost weight. My favorites are T-shirt material nightgowns. The necklines are a little loose, but that's not a problem.

So, I was dying my hair and had to shower the dye out. And didn't think I could get the nightgown over my head without making a huge mess. So I tried to step out of it. And guess what. I could!

Even my hips are smaller now than my neckline was before.

:laugh:
  • dward59
    Options

Even my hips are smaller now than my neckline was before.

:laugh:

:drinker: :heart: Love it!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Yay Paula :)
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Those "problem solving" moments RULE!

EVERYTHING changes...except our perceptions of ourselves....

Think of all the things we take for granted now, like picking up dropped change, or even tying our shoes, that a hundred pounds ago would have been a source of aggravation, frustration, exertion, and possibly even embarrassment, shame and/or humiliation.

I salute you, Paula!

May your success breed nothing but more success!

BTW...how do you like your new hair colour? I hope it makes you feel even MORE FABULOUS!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love reading all these awesome NSV stories! You guys are truly amazing :drinker: I had a small NSV yesterday, went out on a snorkel trip and the photographer kept taking pictures of me and my husband.:grumble: .. I am not a big fan of pictures of myself in a swimsuit,lol! At the end of the trip the guy gave us the photo disc. I wasn't exactly excited to see the pictures :huh: but when we got home we popped the disc in to check them out. As we started to watch the disc I noticed that I looked a lot smaller than the last time we went out on this trip!!! And its only been about 3 months since we went on this trip last! So even though my numbers have been very slowly coming down, I could notice that everything is starting to tighten up and I look healthier/slimmer :bigsmile: Happy about all the pictures now!
  • dward59
    Options
    @808Malia
    I love reading all these awesome NSV stories! You guys are truly amazing :drinker: I had a small NSV yesterday, went out on a snorkel trip and the photographer kept taking pictures of me and my husband.:grumble: .. I am not a big fan of pictures of myself in a swimsuit,lol! At the end of the trip the guy gave us the photo disc. I wasn't exactly excited to see the pictures :huh: but when we got home we popped the disc in to check them out. As we started to watch the disc I noticed that I looked a lot smaller than the last time we went out on this trip!!! And its only been about 3 months since we went on this trip last! So even though my numbers have been very slowly coming down, I could notice that everything is starting to tighten up and I look healthier/slimmer :bigsmile: Happy about all the pictures now!

Pictures! We like pictures! Lady, anyone looking at your posted photos has seen the change. Very happy for you!
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Dan!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Guess who's wearing an awesome green dress to her bridal shower this weekend? This makeup eschewing, mall loathing, overgrown tomboy right here! Can't believe I found something that I a) like and b) doesn't make me look or feel like a parade float (score!!). If I get any decent pictures, I may post one (which would be a really big deal since I'm almost always the one behind the camera). We'll see how it all goes :-)
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was super excited yesterday at the gym. I was doing bench presses and laying back on bench. When I was done I sat up without grabbing anything. I used my stomach muscles!!!!!!! I havent been able to do this for years.

Also, I had to buy a new belt. The new one is 6 inches smaller than the old!

I'm feeling so much better.
  • dward59
    Options
    @emmerin - Yes! great find, and certainly time for a new profile pic. Pictures really help me see the changes for myself as well as others.

@clmcnett - You will be astounded how quickly you will work through that belt. Great work and great NSV. Looking forward to you announcing the retirement of this new belt!