Introductions

Options
12346»

Replies

• alexanderrob
    alexanderrob Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, everyone! I am a 33 year old father of four. I just started a new job where I work out of my home, which gives me plenty of time (not spent in the car) to exercise every day and not be tempted to eat out. So no more excuses! My weight has gone up and down a lot over the past two or three years and I'm determined to keep it off for good this time. But I absolutely have to log everything. That's the only thing that works for me. In the past, I've assumed that I've gotten the hang of it and don't need to log anymore and eventually, all the weight slowly comes back. So this is a good challenge for me. Good luck to all.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    For Christmas, I bought myself a new scale. Unfortunately, it is more accurate than my old scale and weighs about 4 pounds higher. I bit the bullet today and entered my weight using the new scale. Sadly I had to add 7 pounds since I last weighed myself before the holidays. But, in reality, that means after a week of eating I only gained about 3 pounds, so I am pretty happy.
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I started in December challenge, made it all the way through!!! Whoo hooo, what a great motivator. I am ready for January, bring it on.... Wendy Good luck everyone, happy new year. Let's all make this a fantastic year. For me it's one day at a time, one minute at a time. I'm a nurse, mom, and wife. I'm dedicated to changing my life this year, have over 100 to loose.....lost 16 in the month of December. I'm happy with the start.
  • jensine2
    jensine2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm referred to as Jen! I am a mother of 4 and need to lose at least 40 pounds.. Have lost good amount before but am starting to gain weight back!
  • lakenawebster
    Options
    Hi, I'm lakena the mother of a busy one year old. This year I would like to lose 60 lbs and hopefully I can achieve this with groups and support from the mfp community feel free to add me I need of weight losing friends !
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica, mid-twenties, over 100 pounds to lose. I won UAC once and it was *hard!* Looking forward to doing it again this month.
  • garzadrive
    garzadrive Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello! My screen name is Garza. I'm so happy to be in this challenge group together with you all. If you, or a friend here on MFP practices Nichiren Buddhism, you might like to check out my group "January Daimoku Challenge."

Happy New Year! 2014 will be our best year yet! That is the vision I hold in my heart.
  • garzadrive
    garzadrive Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My name is Jessica, mid-twenties, over 100 pounds to lose. I won UAC once and it was *hard!* Looking forward to doing it again this month.

Congratulations, Jessica, on winning UAC! I hope to do it this month for the first time. I look forward to being together with you in the UAC winners circle!
  • jenimc13
    jenimc13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen. I'm so excited for the new year and this challenge. It looks tough, but any good challenge is. I'm hoping I gain some serious consistency across the board and I think this will be a good way to work towards that.
  • Rainyday816
    Rainyday816 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jane. I've been on MFP for ages, with varying degrees of commitment, and I even tried the UAC in December... and I didn't make it very far! 2013 was a monster of a year, but now that it's over I feel so much more optimistic and I'm ready to re-commit to my body and my health! I'm hoping UAC will help me do that, because as most of us know, MFP really works, you just have to actually stick to it!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Greetings to the Ultimate Accountability Challengers! My name is Paula. I started to live a healthier lifestyle in May of 2012, joined MFP in the summer of that year, and have lost a good bit of weight. I'd like to take off a few more pounds. Something about this challenge appeals to the compulsive side of my character, I guess, so I'll give it a shot. Good luck to all!
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello! Love that we are 5 days in and there are still a bunch of people in the group! I did the UAC for November and December but failed hardcore in December and almost made it to the end in November.

I am looking forward to this challenge and keeping me accountable with my exercise!
    Feel free to add me for extra encouragement and support!

Here's to a new year AND a new us!
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well apparently I had to change my goals due to losing 10+ pounds....which isn't a complaint. I hope to lose more with this months challenge.
  • SgtBA_Diana
    SgtBA_Diana Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd UAC. Winner in Nov & hoping to win in Jan. My goal for 2014 is to do a 10K so I'm going to be spending even more time on MFP. Motivation is good all around. I thrive on it. Feel free to add me for some motivation & encouragement :happy: