Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Talking Dead: Team Carl

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Ok, I am sorry (again) for the MIA status. Today, I am back to logging calories and getting an exercise plan in check.

I did not sleep at all - tossed and turned from 1 AM until I just got up. We had a Realtor come for a house appraisal and my mind is whirling on what the best decision is. So, regardless, maybe exercise is the stress relief I need. I missed my workout yesterday because we were doing drive-bys of other houses for us. This is all very hard to do with feet and feet of snow EVERYWHERE.

Alas, I will spend the day cooking and getting my exercise plan ready to go. I know for sure I will have cardio after work tomorrow and Thursday.

I super-duper promise to be better because this week I do feel like **** for not eating correctly - or - exercising.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Hi Kim, good to have you back! Moving house and not sleeping are both really tough. Congrats on getting back to tracking your foods and good luck getting some exercise in this week. You can do it! I will happily donate my extra minutes to you this week to give you a helping hand.
  • Zombieinkpot

I LOVE YOU, CARL AND RICK! I'll slay those zombies to save yo' *kitten*!

Thanks Dazz, that's such a cool offer! Feel free to stop by and spread the love with team Carl anytime! :smile: Loving the punishment btw, squats are my fav.

Thanks, Louise! You guys rock! Much love to team Michonne!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Hi Kim, good to have you back! Moving house and not sleeping are both really tough. Congrats on getting back to tracking your foods and good luck getting some exercise in this week. You can do it! I will happily donate my extra minutes to you this week to give you a helping hand.

You are too nice for a zombie slayer!!
  • So I did 25 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of strength training... not much, but hey at least I did something :smile: it improved my mood greatly anyway.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Thanks Kim :flowerforyou: Only zombies need fear me :laugh:

Way to go, Arzu! That's great! and the improved mood is a great bonus :smile:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Hey team! It has been a good start to the week, keeping under my calorie goal over-all and getting the exercise in slowly!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,969 Member
    Wow, so much love going around for this week. I love squats, so I don't mind doing them ^_^ Also, I have fewer hours in work this week, which is nice.

I'm so glad you love squats too, Arzu! I thought I was the only one! :happy: Congrats on your weight loss :drinker:

Squat lovers unite! It is dinner to music though. :flowerforyou:

Shelley
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,803 Member
    You all are too funny! I like burpees better than squats:tongue: I think I burnt myself out on squats a couple months ago... I did a 30 day squat challenge which totals an insane amount of squats by the end of the month. I also did a couple weeks of a glute challenge last month so my thighs are exhausted:ohwell: I'll keep an eye on the spreadsheet and help out if I need to but as for now I will focus on racking up the strength/cardio to help the team.

I gotta tell you... I ran 5k on the treadmill yesterday and guess what.... I shaved off another 3 minutes:bigsmile: 3.1 miles in 27 minutes!!! It was super hard but I did it. I just wonder if I can do it outside where I don't have control of my speed. Gonna have to try it as soon as it stops pouring down rain.
  • Zombieinkpot
    Jessica - Yay! That's great. Keep going, it's amazing how the minutes add up!

Shelley - Glad you dropped by! Us squat lovers have to stick together, we're in the minority! :laugh:

Kasi - Woot! :drinker: That's super impressive, well done! I'm sure it is harder running outside because of different terrain, etc, but I have no doubt that you will be able to do it outside too!

I am REALLY tired today, so had to scale back on my exercise. Only got one set of Sallys done, day 3 of the 30 day shred and I'm going to do some walking now and then to bed!

Carry on being awesome, team! :flowerforyou:

Go team Carl!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Just stopping by to wave hi to team Carl. *waves*

Since I check in on you daily (mostly because I skim too fast and Carl and Carol are a letter off), I figure I should say hello and "Go Team!" :drinker:

Those of you that actually like this Sally challenge must have thighs of steel because by the end I can't determine if the going coming up or staying down hurts more. I then collapse in a chair like an invalid until my muscles recover 5 or so minutes later and allow me to walk again. :sad:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Just stopping by to wave hi to team Carl. *waves*

Since I check in on you daily (mostly because I skim too fast and Carl and Carol are a letter off), I figure I should say hello and "Go Team!" :drinker:

Those of you that actually like this Sally challenge must have thighs of steel because by the end I can't determine if the going coming up or staying down hurts more. I then collapse in a chair like an invalid until my muscles recover 5 or so minutes later and allow me to walk again. :sad:

Hey Kawookie! Glad you stopped to say hi! :flowerforyou:

I don't think I have thighs of steel! I guess I have little legs, so squats don't seem too hard and I can rest my belly on my thighs when I go down, which is a nice break for my abs :laugh:

Glad to see Carol back in this weeks episode. Go team Carol!
  • Aprilstar480
    Alright, we are half way through the week. How is everyone doing? I did two rounds of Group Power (weight lifting) today... I'm exhausted. I also tried the Kick Boxing class at the gym for the first time. It was pretty fun. I felt a little clumsy but didn't do too bad. I'm going to bed though. Have a good night!
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Hey team, sorry I have been MIA. My baby has been sick all week and sleeping horribly and I am now sick with whatever she has. On top of this it has been a crazy busy work week and week at school. I don't want to drag the team down because I have been slacking this week so unless there are enough extra minutes on things for me to have my goals completed then I would rather take this week off than drag you all down with me
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Hey team, sorry I have been MIA. My baby has been sick all week and sleeping horribly and I am now sick with whatever she has. On top of this it has been a crazy busy work week and week at school. I don't want to drag the team down because I have been slacking this week so unless there are enough extra minutes on things for me to have my goals completed then I would rather take this week off than drag you all down with me
    Just let me know what you decide. You can certainly take time off when you are sick. :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    We have a lot of people who haven't updated the spreadsheet so I'm not sure where everyone stands. I have enough Strength Training to finish you up and I will do your Sally's. Do you feel up to a little cardio? Ugh... I hate being sick. I'm sorry your feeling icky:frown: :flowerforyou:
  • Aprilstar480
    Hi Team Carl. I'm on Team Michonne and part of our challenge is to share some love with you in the form of either cardio or strength training minutes. I am hereby offering 10 minutes of strength training to whoever on this team wants it. Just PM me and let me know (you can wait till nearer the end of the week if you want to see who needs it most).
    Happy squatting!! :smile: :smile:
    Kat, you could use this too if no one else has claimed it yet.
  • Aprilstar480
    Wow, just did two sets of Sally's.... that long pause at the bottom is brutal!
  • katrkels11
    katrkels11 Posts: 115 Member
    Alright I think I am going to stay in the challenge this week, I did another 30 minutes of strength this morning so all I really have to focus on is my cardio. I'm starting to feel better and not be so stuffed up and my vacation started today from school so I'll have plenty of time to go for the cardio. No excuses!
  • Aprilstar480
    That's the spirit! Glad your feeling better:bigsmile: