Talking Dead: Walker Horde

Options

Replies

• metanoia0116
    metanoia0116 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!! I am hurting from all the strength stuff this week so I may forgo it.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,866 Member
    Options
    I hope you all liked the squat challenge. It really was fun. :laugh: Well we should learn what our new challenge will be in a couple of days. So exciting. Now guys please, if you must eat children, eat Lizzie! :grumble:

Shelley
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I hope you all liked the squat challenge. It really was fun. :laugh: Well we should learn what our new challenge will be in a couple of days. So exciting. Now guys please, if you must eat children, eat Lizzie! :grumble:

Shelley
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    For anyone who is looking to contribute a fitspo, the thread is now in part 4. Remember you don't have to do it until week 9, but you can do it any time before then and those bonus points (2) will be counted towards you and your team's totals in week 9. Here is the new thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1198808-mfp-fitspiration
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,866 Member
    Options
    Terry, hey we might actually learn more about the virus that started all this. Of course I do not think that Eugene Porter is really intelligent. He seems rather useless. I mean he killed the truck!

Shelley
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    New Challenge is posted on the teams Walking Dead thread.

Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1209942-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-claimed?page=1#posts-18921405
    Summary of Kill points Rick 2 for guy in bathroom, Glenn 2 for 2 cornfield zombies.

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players
    Tyreese and Sasha will be deciding the punishment exercises this week. 

Please note this addition to the challenge this week. This would be a great week to get in the top four! 

What we learned from the show this week was that some strangers are enemies and some appear to be friends and may help you on your journey. The top four highest scoring teams of this week's challenge (which will be announced next Monday) will get to choose Abraham, Rosita, Eugene or Tara to add to their team and have their kills added to their team's scores for the rest of the challenge starting with the March 1st episode. Winning team chooses first and so on. 
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making MVP again this week Metanoia0016! :drinker:

I hope you zombies aren't getting too hungry for human flesh. You don't get to eat enough people in the episodes!

Have a great week team zombie! :happy:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha have decided that everyone should complete 5 minutes per day (for 5 days) of Wall Squats. These can be included in your strength totals. There are a few versions of Wall Squats, facing or not facing the wall, with or without a ball or weights.....Choose one appropriate to your fitness level.
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats on MVP Metanoia! Good job!!

Well, I was a bit disappointed in the episode this week. I thought the whole deal with Rick in the house was just filler. No update on 3 out of the 5 separate groups again!

It was cathartic for Michonne to open up to Carl, but the rest of the episode was just filler. It took 1/3 of the episode for the writers to tell us that Abraham's team is going to follow Glen now. And then another 1/3 of the episode to show that at any time, you can run across other live humans that are dangerous (we already knew that).

I'm not sure how many more episodes there are this season, but it's becoming clear that we won't be seeing this "sanctuary" until next season. That just means another 5-7 episodes of showing 5 individual groups (one episode at a time) wandering around down by the tracks with a surprise and shocking death or two of an important character along the way.... that's it... that's the rest of the season in a nutshell. Bummer! :indifferent:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Congrats on MVP Metanoia! Good job!!

Well, I was a bit disappointed in the episode this week. I thought the whole deal with Rick in the house was just filler. No update on 3 out of the 5 separate groups again!

It was cathartic for Michonne to open up to Carl, but the rest of the episode was just filler. It took 1/3 of the episode for the writers to tell us that Abraham's team is going to follow Glen now. And then another 1/3 of the episode to show that at any time, you can run across other live humans that are dangerous (we already knew that).

I'm not sure how many more episodes there are this season, but it's becoming clear that we won't be seeing this "sanctuary" until next season. That just means another 5-7 episodes of showing 5 individual groups (one episode at a time) wandering around down by the tracks with a surprise and shocking death or two of an important character along the way.... that's it... that's the rest of the season in a nutshell. Bummer! :indifferent:
    Yeah, that's a good prediction. I am hoping for a few good surprises, but I agree with you that we won't be seeing Terminus or Washington or wherever anytime this season. Then late October until we know more. Aghhh!
  • TerryEden
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a good week!

I attempted the wall squats today... thought I'd last for two min, but only made it to one. So, one min down!

How's it going for everyone else?

Terry
  • metanoia0116
    metanoia0116 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am excited again. Hopefully doing this challenge and upping my game will pay off.

Want me to do some squats for you Terry?
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Yay! I am excited again. Hopefully doing this challenge and upping my game will pay off.

Want me to do some squats for you Terry?

Heck Yeah! Thanks, Metanoia! Good luck with your goals this week.

Terry
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Remember to check in! Don't forget that there's a great prize this week, the top four teams get to add a new character from the show, who will make them points for the rest of the challenge.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    New Challenge is posted on the team's Walking Dead thread.
    Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1215721-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-still
    Summary of Kill points Daryl 6, Beth 2

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players

Rick will be deciding the punishment exercises this week and choosing one of the four new characters. The weekly points from the remaining three will be divided up among the three, second place finishers. 

This week's optional show inspired exercise is this fitnessblender golf workout: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F8iPHvVq6E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Posting from my phone at work so I'll be brief! The week's punishment is a quick circuit training routine:

1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.
    Here's the punishment from Team Rick's captain. The good news is he decided that you only have to do it once this week and, as always, you can include it with your cardio or strength numbers.
  • TerryEden
    Options
    If Daryl Dixon fans aren’t satisfied right now, they never will be.
    It’s also, from its claustrophobic opening sequence to its fiery conclusion, one of the best episodes this season, maybe of the entire show.
    From: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/03/02/the-walking-dead-recap-season-4-episode-12-still/

Is there any thread that is one single place where our challenge group members discuss the episodes? It seems we have about 75 to 80 members of the group, but there doesn't seem to be any single thread where people discuss the show??? I notice that in each of the 4 weekly recaps that Cindy posts (thank you, Cindy, by the way!), that no one replies to those posts.

I know not everyone feels the same way, but for my time, I have to STRONGLY DISAGREE with the wsj/blogs episode recap! I'm so disappointed!! We all have busy lives and we are trading one of our most valuable resources (time) to watch, and this is what we get in return? Isn't season 4, episode 12 a little late to take the time to expound on the obvious fact that the characters have been changing and growing? Perhaps they put this in for last Sunday during the Oscars because they knew that no one would be watching?

I hope the show gets a bit more exciting and provides some vision other than just wandering around in a state of despair and hopelessness. I think we learned that in Season 2 before the group found the farm, didn't we? And we certainly don't need to watch TV to be reminded that such a state in real life absolutely sucks. No reminders needed, thank you very much.

I've rarely had an episode make me think so much about the time I am investing in it and seriously contemplating that perhaps the best choice is to stop watching.

Anyone feel the same?

Just my $0.02....

Terry
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    If Daryl Dixon fans aren’t satisfied right now, they never will be.
    It’s also, from its claustrophobic opening sequence to its fiery conclusion, one of the best episodes this season, maybe of the entire show.
    From: http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/03/02/the-walking-dead-recap-season-4-episode-12-still/

Is there any thread that is one single place where our challenge group members discuss the episodes? It seems we have about 75 to 80 members of the group, but there doesn't seem to be any single thread where people discuss the show??? I notice that in each of the 4 weekly recaps that Cindy posts (thank you, Cindy, by the way!), that no one replies to those posts.

I know not everyone feels the same way, but for my time, I have to STRONGLY DISAGREE with the wsj/blogs episode recap! I'm so disappointed!! We all have busy lives and we are trading one of our most valuable resources (time) to watch, and this is what we get in return? Isn't season 4, episode 12 a little late to take the time to expound on the obvious fact that the characters have been changing and growing? Perhaps they put this in for last Sunday during the Oscars because they knew that no one would be watching?

I hope the show gets a bit more exciting and provides some vision other than just wandering around in a state of despair and hopelessness. I think we learned that in Season 2 before the group found the farm, didn't we? And we certainly don't need to watch TV to be reminded that such a state in real life absolutely sucks. No reminders needed, thank you very much.

I've rarely had an episode make me think so much about the time I am investing in it and seriously contemplating that perhaps the best choice is to stop watching.

Anyone feel the same?

Just my $0.02....

Terry
    I do agree. It was a disappointment. While I enjoyed learning more about Daryl, it was hardly full of shocking revelations. I would have been so much happier to see how everyone is doing. As for a place to discuss episodes, there's a group on here, Walking areas Fans, I think a bunch of our players are members there. .
  • TerryEden
    Options
    Thanks for the link, Cindy! I signed up. Looks like a mixed reaction over there towards the last episode.