Talking Dead: Walker Horde

Options

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Having a rough week. Ugh. My mojo is non existent. I'm lethargic and craving junk and don't feel like doing aaaanything. Seriously need some sunshine and warmth to snap out of this. Ugh. I'll get it done, but it's not coming easily this week!!!!!! Lol
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I hear you Amy - I've been having a hard time getting it moving this week too. We are finally getting sunshine here so I got a good long run yesterday and plan on a another one today. Going camping this weekend and the weather should be good so looking forward to running/hiking in the woods!
  • metanoia0116
    metanoia0116 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I am going to make goals this week. This cold has kicked my butt. I will have my strength hours in but the cardio will be lacking. Planks are done. :)
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    I am not sure I am going to make goals this week. This cold has kicked my butt. I will have my strength hours in but the cardio will be lacking. Planks are done. :)

I have been able to get my cardio in quite well this week. I started Season Two of my Zombie Run and am hooked! So in figuring my totals I will have 345 of cardio by Saturday and that's if I do the minimum of what my plans are. I will donate my extra to you to help you out this week -- that will be 135 min. of cardio to donate. Because I've been focusing on my cardio so much - I've only done my strength in small sets - except for my two New Rules Lifting nights. So my totals on strength will be 115 by Saturday - unless I get more in than what I have planned. I have my planks x3 - but I've actually done more than the 60 sec. I love planks - I really should incorporate them more into my routine. I always try to focus on something that doesn't come as easy - like pushups!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Oh and as far as my weight loss/inches loss - I don't want to step on the scale or remeasure until closer to the end of the challenge so I can see the loss. If for some reason I'm being too optimistic and I didn't lose as much as I think I have I will lose all motiviation and I want to keep on going. BUT I really do think I've got some losses to record. I can feel my pants and skirts are looser, especially in the waist which is where I had gained a lot of the extra weight. And I looking in the mirror this morning which shows my backside, because I have two mirros set up so I can see to do the back of my hair, I can see that I have lost the extra roll that was around my backside (where my bra sits) and those sqats are totally paying off - my booty looks much more toned! So I was pretty excited by that - especially since we are going into warmer weather and I was not looking forward to trying on my summer clothes.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Oh and as far as my weight loss/inches loss - I don't want to step on the scale or remeasure until closer to the end of the challenge so I can see the loss. If for some reason I'm being too optimistic and I didn't lose as much as I think I have I will lose all motiviation and I want to keep on going. BUT I really do think I've got some losses to record. I can feel my pants and skirts are looser, especially in the waist which is where I had gained a lot of the extra weight. And I looking in the mirror this morning which shows my backside, because I have two mirros set up so I can see to do the back of my hair, I can see that I have lost the extra roll that was around my backside (where my bra sits) and those sqats are totally paying off - my booty looks much more toned! So I was pretty excited by that - especially since we are going into warmer weather and I was not looking forward to trying on my summer clothes.

That is fantastic - I am excited to see your numbers at the end of the challenge!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Today and tomorrow Walkers - thats all thats left to get in your numbers!!!!

Anyone needing any help or know that you are going to be over and want to donate time?
  • AmyP619
    Options

I have been able to get my cardio in quite well this week. I started Season Two of my Zombie Run and am hooked! So in figuring my totals I will have 345 of cardio by Saturday and that's if I do the minimum of what my plans are. I will donate my extra to you to help you out this week -- that will be 135 min. of cardio to donate. Because I've been focusing on my cardio so much - I've only done my strength in small sets - except for my two New Rules Lifting nights. So my totals on strength will be 115 by Saturday - unless I get more in than what I have planned. I have my planks x3 - but I've actually done more than the 60 sec. I love planks - I really should incorporate them more into my routine. I always try to focus on something that doesn't come as easy - like pushups!

you are rocking this challenge!! keep up the awesome work, girl!
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As of today I have 250 in cardio, 90 in strength, 45 in core and have done my punishment. If y'all need some help in something that I am over in let Tj know so she can give it to ya. I will have all by time to turn it in.
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Had a very rough week and slacked off big time. My energy has been non existent, and I've been craving awful foods. Ugh. Time to hit the pavement hard starting Monday again. Every once in a while I get into these funks, so the only thing keeping me going was this challenge. Knowing you have others depending on you definitely keeps you in check, even when you're just not feeling it. I did the bare minimum this week just to hit my totals, so I admit that I did not push myself like I should have. I think we have 2 more weeks of this challenge, so I need to push myself this week and next week!!!!
    TOTALS:
    --Strength - 100 mins, 60 mins of it was Kenpo to get the combat portion of it done. The other part was Yoga. Didn't do anything with weights in the gym this week, but I got the strength piece in via other exercises.
    --Cardio - 210 mins, which included a lot of walking around today that I'm not going to log in my diary. I Think I ran once this week and did a couple of quick dvd workouts. Didn't log like I usually do this week just because of my half-assed efforts. Lol
    --I was definitely within my calories this week, as well.
    --Oh! planks are done too!

Really hope I'm feeling more myself come Monday. I don't know if it's just the cold weather and snow or what, but at this point I am desperate to get some warm spring weather. Come on, Mother Nature! :)

Great work this week ladies (those who have checked in). :)
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Ok totals are 345 of cardio (with my jabbing and upper cuts for combat). I have 135 min. of cardio to donate. Strength is 115. I have my planks x4. - but I've actually done more than the 60 sec. Stayed within my eating plans and am really thinking I've lost weight and inches. But we'll see.

Amy great job. Nothing wrong with a more mellow week. You still hit your totals. Ok how'd everyone else do??
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Cardio of 310 , strength of 105 + 60 of core and punishment done.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Scores have been tallied and sent off - Great Job Walkers!!!!

Im sure the walkers will get a few kills in tonight - with luck they kill the people holding Beth and the guys with Darryl. Happy hunting Walkers!!
  • metanoia0116
    Options
    Good morning ladies and gents! I was able to get in 180 cardio, 105 strength, cals good and planks done. I expect to get way more in this week since I am no longer sick.

I have to say that ya'll are absolutely amazing! I am totally blown away by what each of you is able to accomplish.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Challenge has been posted - make sure to check it out and discuss it. I will need a decision by the end of the day!!!!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Ok I haven't watched last night's episode yet so I'm trying to not read the recaps - but I think I get that we as a group need to decide one exercise we want to have every one do as punishment?

I'm thinking maybe a combo move such as :

Squat to Overhead Press
    Works quadriceps, hamstrings, butt, abs, shoulders

A. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, elbows bent, a 5-pound weight in each hand at shoulder height, palms forward. Lower into a squat (don’t let knees go past toes); hold for a moment.

B. Push through heels to stand up, pressing weights overhead.
  • metanoia0116
    Options
    I have squat presses in my lifting, does that count? hahaha
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha already chose a punishment exercise: 

Inchworm: Stand up tall with the legs straight, and do like Lil’ Jon and let those fingertips hit the floor. Keeping the legs straight (but not locked!), slowly lower the torso toward the floor, and then walk the hands forward. Once in a push-up position, start taking tiny steps so the feet meet the hands. Continue bugging out for 4-6 reps. 

Do 3 days this week.

Video here: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-HHgxXTqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Ok I haven't watched last night's episode yet so I'm trying to not read the recaps - but I think I get that we as a group need to decide one exercise we want to have every one do as punishment?

Squat to Overhead Press

A. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, elbows bent, a 5-pound weight in each hand at shoulder height, palms forward. Lower into a squat (don’t let knees go past toes); hold for a moment.

Sorry, this is the first I've been able to check the threads today! I just watched last night's episode. I still do not have a good feeling about Terminus. I'm hoping the new comers don't end up as Terminus' food source... LOl That Mary lady was a little bit creepy!!!!

I second this idea for our extra strength piece this week. I like this idea, and it looks like it works various muscles! :)
  • tj1376
    Options

Squat to Overhead Press

This looks like it would be a good exercise for the Team. Is there a video for it so people who haven't done it can see the proper form?

Im thinking 50 reps, and you can do it without weights if you need to.