goals

Options

Replies

• FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i think your amazing.. most would have used being sick not to workout.. you rock. feel better sweetie
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This week I increased my daily minimum steps from 10,000 to 12,500 a day
    I missed it one day
    I rode my stationary bike one evening this week for a half hour
    that was the exercise that I started with in Dec
    I noticed something amazing
    I was not tired after
    my legs did not feel like jelly after
    I guess I am in better shape now than 2 months ago

I found that a pair of jeans I have not worn in a while fit me comfortably they are 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing when I started out

and the size below that I can get on and zip but they are not comfy enough to wear

yet
  • bclegg
    bclegg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My current goals
    1) increase cardio sessions to 60 minutes
    2) get calorie intake to be within daily goal
    3) reduce sugar
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    great goals.. what baby steps are you going to do to reach those goals.
  • artstudent89
    Options
    i have this goal, and it sounds super simple but for me its more of a "i need more hours in a day" situation. My goal is to eat and drink better and be more active. I love cardio and i love organic foods, the problem is i just dont have time. Im a nurse that works in 24 hour group home settings and on some days my shifts are 16+ hours long. Youd think with working that many hours i wouldnt have time to eat. Not true, im always stopping to a fast food place and snagging up meals to take with me. I do try and cook to take left overs to work but like i said i need more hours in a day. I literally get off work, sleep, go back to work.

My goals would be
    Try and find some time in my crazy schedule to cook and eat better and when im not with clients do some stationary cardio
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    can you set aside a hour or two each week same time kind of like a scheduled in thing. make a soup, cut some veg.. make a pot of beans, brown rice.. cut up lettuces have ready to go for salads.. the brown rice you can throw veg on top.. meat if you eat meat.. im a veg head lol..

its about cooking once eating twice.. if you have everything prepped its easier to eat healthy.. this is what works for me.. i make all my foods.. i did this when i was working in a callcenter 12 hour days or more. i just made that time because my staying on track depended on it.

if you have to eat fast food many healthier options now.. play with your diary and pick some meals enter them in and see what you can eat that will keep you in your calories for that day..

movement.. wear a pedometer.. add squats lunges in between walking take steps... lots you can do..

let us know how we can support you. welcome!
  • zoetewijn
    zoetewijn Posts: 121
    Options
    i have this goal, and it sounds super simple but for me its more of a "i need more hours in a day" situation. My goal is to eat and drink better and be more active. I love cardio and i love organic foods, the problem is i just dont have time. Im a nurse that works in 24 hour group home settings and on some days my shifts are 16+ hours long. Youd think with working that many hours i wouldnt have time to eat. Not true, im always stopping to a fast food place and snagging up meals to take with me. I do try and cook to take left overs to work but like i said i need more hours in a day. I literally get off work, sleep, go back to work.

My goals would be
    Try and find some time in my crazy schedule to cook and eat better and when im not with clients do some stationary cardio

It is hard to stick to something when you feel that there's not enough time in a day, it like on your day off you got so much catching up to do you feel like when do I have time to cook...

I would leave a few hours the day you are off and prepare meals, cut veggies, for the week. You can freeze meals then u can grab and go..

As for exercise this may sound funny but every time you use the bathroom, do a exercise, like 20 squats, run in pace, jumping jakes what ever you can think of. Every little bit will help..

I know your thinking easier said then done, but you can do it if, put your health before anything else it will be worth it.

Good luck..
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV Sue!! I can't wait to fit into some of my smaller jeans!!! *hopefully* very soon!! :flowerforyou:

Artstudent - I agree with Lynneta on cooking once eating twice. The crockpot is my saving grace for that bc it doesn't take a lot of time. Check out skinnytaste.com, they have a bunch of crockpot recipes, they include the nutrition information so it's easy to log and you can get several days meals out of it. I have one of those insulated type bags that I use to take my food to work with me and I use tons of rubbermaid dishes during the week. A lot of times I'll portion out a couple days worth of lunches and have them in the frig so I can just grab and throw in my bag on my way out the door. Welcome and good luck!!
  • rondaj05
    Options
    My goal for this week is to get more exercise in.

I'm doing fine eating within my calorie goals and I drink plenty of water. My Fitbit is supposed to be here today, I can't wait to get it and have a better idea of my daily steps and calories burned. One thing I notice about MFP is there's no calories burned for strength training, I do upper body/arm strength training several days a week.
  • zoetewijn
    zoetewijn Posts: 121
    Options

I'm doing fine eating within my calorie goals and I drink plenty of water. My Fitbit is supposed to be here today, I can't wait to get it and have a better idea of my daily steps and calories burned. One thing I notice about MFP is there's no calories burned for strength training, I do upper body/arm strength training several days a week.

I just notice that strength no calorie count today. I don't eat my exercise calories but I like yo know my total for the day..
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    i dont know why it doesnt count strength calories.. you burn calories doing strength.
  • mwhite61451
    mwhite61451 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

I just notice that strength no calorie count today. I don't eat my exercise calories but I like yo know my total for the day..

Yeah it does. Do a search on"Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" under Cardivascular excericise, and you can log in minutes, and the calories will be calculated
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    cool.. thanks! still learning this..
  • rondaj05
    Options

Yeah it does. Do a search on"Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" under Cardivascular excericise, and you can log in minutes, and the calories will be calculated

Thank you for the tip!!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    how we doing on our goals team?

team= together each achieves more.. let us know how we can support you.
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Increase total steps to 75,805 - this is a 5% increase over last week.
    This averages 10,830 steps a day
    Gym on Saturday
    Water aerobics on Wednesday
    Weigh in WW
    Journal everything in MFP
    Increase calories burned to 18507 - this is a 2% increase over last week
    This averages 2,644 a day

Results:

Steps this week - 85,137 - increase of approximately 12.5% over goal...woohoo!!! Average steps 12,162 per day.
    Hit gym on Sat and Sun.
    Journaled everyday on MFP.
    Calories burned 18,484 - missed goal by 23 calories. Overall 1.9% increase over last week. still kick A!!! Average 2,641 a day!
    Successful Week!!!
    I am so very pumped!!! Thanks for everyone's support!!
  • vstarz15
    vstarz15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm staring at this scale and wondering why it hasn't moved in the past week! i kicked my butt all week at the gym and zumba'd til i could not zumba anymore, but no change. my goal this week is to NOT EAT PAST 7PM. keep at it but add this one goal. i'll see what happens this time around!
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i'm staring at this scale and wondering why it hasn't moved in the past week! i kicked my butt all week at the gym and zumba'd til i could not zumba anymore, but no change. my goal this week is to NOT EAT PAST 7PM. keep at it but add this one goal. i'll see what happens this time around!

You can do this, please don't get discouraged...sometimes it takes a week or two for the hard work to show on the scale. Also, take your measurements and take into account how you feel after you have successfully completed Zumba class...not a small feat. Pat yourself on the back and be proud you are taking these steps to take your life back! Kudos!!
  • SeaTurtleJenni
    SeaTurtleJenni Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I never set any small goals for weight loss or fitness. I have had a "one day at a time" approach.

My goals for February are:

1) Finish the 30 day easy squat challenge
    2) Finish the 30 day push up challenge
    3) Complete 14 yoga classes at the yoga studio or cut my losses and drop the expensive membership that I can't afford
    4) drink one cup of water before drinking coffee in the morning
    5) not drink coffee after 12 noon
    6) to have a calorie deficit of at least 250 everyday
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    if you bite it you writ it, thats what i always say.

4041620.jpg?449

Did you write a book, Lynneta? :laugh: