Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on MFP on and off for the last 8 months, but I've decided to buckle down now. What I didn't have last time was the support of others, so this time I plan to be active in the forums :)

I've been there before - lost 26 kg when I was a teenager and kept it off for about 5 years. But I gained back 20 of those kgs in the past year and a half because of a surgery, followed by an unhealthy lifestyle, comfort eating, a busy schedule, and some more silly excuses.

I have only the weekends to exercise properly due to an excessively demanding job, so my only option is to be extra-cautious with my calorie-counting, and to not go overboard even by a little.

This group should prove to be a great way for me to try and meet my goals, mostly because I know I'm not the only one doing it! That is a great comfort by itself, knowing people around me are doing the same thing as I am, and that I'm not alone for once in trying to lose weight. :)

Hope to get to know all of you. All the best with your efforts!
  • simplyblack
    simplyblack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Shante. I'm usually a health nut, but I got a bit comfortable after I got married two years ago and gained about 50lbs. I have 3 step-children that I love like they're my own. I love to run. I have always been a runner. My favorite hobbies are fishing and shooting pool. I've tried to get back into working out over the last year, but just couldn't find the motivation until I looked in the mirror recently and was totally disappointed in what I saw. My main goal is to get back to the weight I was on my wedding day (170lbs) before the summer.

I need you all to help keep me motivated!!!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    welcome netta.. weight watchers is cool you gt to eat real food..oh i think jaime easton is amazing.

i know how you feel loosing people you love. i lost my dad. its hard.. but we have to move forward and your doing that.. congrats on the 67.4 pounds. im sure your loved ones are smiling down at you proud.

so your a fellow leo.. cool

lets do this together

welcome shante.. feel free to join our c25k thread... look around our threads and jump in.. way to go on taking back your life.

welcome green.. you can always take walks if your lunch break is long enough or do exercises at your desk. thats how i did it.

welcome sarah.. i had a boss that use to say knowing good practices and practicing good practices are two different things.. we will do this together!

feel free to join our c25k thread.. its better when you have others to share with.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome beck!! eating healthy and exercising is where its at.. add water and your set.
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! My name is Brenda, and my main goals are to get healthy and fit! Between sitting down at work and just plain
    laziness, I've gained weight, inches and lost some self-confidence along the way.

Here are my numbers (WOW - that takes on a whole new meaning for me!!)
    Height: 5'2"
    CW: 183.6 lbs
    Goal - 132 (however, if I get near this and feel good about it and am healthy, I'll be happy!!)

Get my self-confidence back!!

I have decided mini mini goals is my strategy this time around.
    I will post my weekly mini goals along with results on another thread on this group.
    I am truly excited!!! Thanks for letting me join you all!!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome brenda!

baby steps= big goals try doing squtas when in the bathroom at work.. take a walk during your lunch.. park further from the office.. take steps.. movement is movement.
  • zoetewijn
    zoetewijn Posts: 121
    Options
    Hello, I been on the fitness app but not to much on the web, so I came on to check it out not realizing there is a message board. I looked around and thought this group is what I need. I am here to get healthy, I am looking forward to reading everyone's post. Good luck to you all...
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome zoe!!

fit and healthy is what its all about.. love how your jumping in the threads. i am very active in the group.

lets do this
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome to all the newbies that havent introduced yourself.. fell free to do so or just jump in any of the threads!!

make this your home!
  • raelorien
    raelorien Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kim. I'm a mortgage banker and a bellydancer from Richmond, Virginia. 38 years old, 194 lbs. I've been on MFP for awhile now but I've been pretty hit or miss and I want to change that in 2014. I want to improve my health and overall well being in 2014. I've started training for a 5K with my sister which I am very excited about. I look forward to the great things we all will do this year with each others encouragement and support!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome kim!!

belly dancer.. awesome core work.. maybe you can give us tips to core work.. also we have a few of us doing the c25k.. jump in.. peruse the threads and make this your home..
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    to all the newbies that haven't introduced yourself welcome!!

this is a warm group.. feel free to ask questions make posts whatever.. we are all here to learn from each other.
  • Nicolemac36
    Nicolemac36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi,
    My name is Nicole. I've haven't been on MFP regularly in a long time. I am ready to start keeping track and being accountable to myslef again. Wanted to Join a group or two to interact and get lots of motivation. So here we go...
  • marisol2066
    marisol2066 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real! I've lost this amount of weight before and I know I can do it again. The key for me is not the clean eating (which comes relatively easy to me for some reason) but the requirement to get off my lazy but and exercise at least 5 times a week. This is my first week getting back to exercising and so far so good!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome nic! you come to the right place full of support. happy to have you here

Marisol. welcome!! good job being able to eat clean.. we have a goal thread here.. you can start a exercise thread we will motivate you and keep you accountable.. the hardest part about exercising is showing up.. commit to working out five min and your golden.. i have never just worked out five min.. once i commit to getting there i do a full workout.. you can do it!!
    we are all in this together
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I am Maelyn. I am trying to get my physical health straightened out in hopes of getting my mental health straightened out. One of my big challenges to losing weight is the fluctuations in medications. I have essentially been on psych meds for 21 years and the majority of those years gaining due to the side effects of the meds. I have been told by my PCP that while I do need to lose weight I shouldn't get my hopes up too high due to my medications, in particular my anti-psychotic that controls the mania and hallucinations, meaning it needs to stay. I often feel as if I am being pulled to make a choice between being batcrap insane and physically healthy or sane and physically unhealthy. My opinion is that my thoughts regarding my weight drive a lot of the fear and depression that fuels the hallucinations; so, I get my weight under control, work on those nasty little thoughts, and my symptoms will improve.

I am dedicated to my wellness. From a metabolic standpoint I am healthy. My thyroid is under control and solidly normal, A1C is solidly normal, so are blood fats except for triglycerides, another side effect of the anti-psychotic. Most importantly, I am committed to being the best me that I can be.
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My name is Dawn, and I just joined this group. I am excited to see what all goes on here and looking for challenges and lots of support. I have 70 some pounds to loose, and I have already challenged myself to loose 20 pounds by April...don't know if that's a realistic goal or not...but I need to start somewhere!
  • Vol7
    Vol7 Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome to the group, one thing for sure about this bunch is they'll support you. There're several challenges going on find so find one you like or want to do and jump in:smile: .
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

This is a great group, everyone is motivated and supportive. Many of us have added each other as friends too and celebrate each other's daily and weekly successes on each other's personal feeds.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    maelyn.. beautiful name.. welcome! glad your numbers are healthy.. its good that you are focusing on health. thats what we all want is to be healthy.. i cant speak for those meds your on, but getting healthy.. releasing weight can only help. were here to support you.

dawn welcome! lots of support here. 70 pounds.. just break that 20 pound goal into 5 pound increments you got this!!