Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• Magda_Castle
    Magda_Castle Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Magda. I've been dieting all my life. I joined MFP last January... and gave up after a week. I reached my heaviest ever last December - 340 lbs! So I've decided enough is enough! Since 1st of January I lost 24 pounds and for the first time in my life I believe I can do it! I read many amazing success stories on MFP forums and I'm so motivated and determined that one day I will be the one who will share their weight loss story! I find eating healthy so doable (I always plan my day ahead - it stops me from impulsive snacking) and exercising so surprisingly enjoyable! I walk and do Wii Zumba which I absolutely love! I'm just angry with myself that I wasted 20 years of my life being obese and unhappy.
    I'm so pleased though that I'm a part of an amazing MFP community now which motivates me and hopefully give me a nudge should I start slipping into my old ways! :)
  • Vol7
    Vol7 Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi and welcome to this group you'll really enjoy this bunch super supportive and they will keep you focused on your goals. Plus if you need to just vent it's good for that too.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    magda welcome!!.. i started at 370. you can do this!! were here for you! great job planning ahead.. failing to plan is planning to fail so you have half the battle won.. congrats on releasing the 24! see you CAN and WILL do this.. this group of people rock for support!
  • Curt959
    Curt959 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 54 years old and I'm back after a year hiatus, due to health issues. I was very active here in 2012, whenI lost 59 lbs.However, in 2013, I gained 47 lbs. back in the midst of dealing with the discovery of 5 additional herniated disks (as I already had 2). Now determined health problems will not stop me, it is time to get going again and lose some weight. I'm currently 232 and will not stop till I reach 185.

I appreciate the opportunity to be part of this group. I look forward to being an active part of Motivation and Support and am asking that I be held for accountable for meeting my goals!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome curt!!.. you come to the right group.. im good with supporting my peeps, but i also dont let them slack and will give gentle kicks when needed. feel free to post threads., challenges join in on the threads here.. make this your home..

lets do this!!
  • adcede19
    Options
    Hi, I've used this thing for years and my progress has been cyclical. I'm 24 and I'm from America. I weigh 153 lbs and I'd like to lose 28 lbs.

Last year I went through a really rough time. Since then, I've been looking for ways to build my confidence and self-respect. Now I have a personal trainer, a meal plan, and lots of workouts to do. I have been struggling with persistence and resisting sweets. Now that my wedding is coming up soon, I've calculated that if I can just lose 1.1 lbs each weak, I can reach my ideal weight by my wedding date.

I want to work with a strong community to stay motivated and stick with it, through birthdays, holidays, and lazy days.
  • Seanaanderson
    Seanaanderson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Sean Anderson and I'm from Oklahoma. I'm 42 years old. I lost 275 pounds from Sept 2008 to Nov 2010...maintained for 1.5 years, then spent the next 1.5 years gaining back 143 pounds. Stopping the breach, staying focused and on track is my goal now... I'm gathering support through my social media networks, my spirituality and learning from those who've been down this road before me. I should probably change my profile picture depicting my previous "before and after," considering it might be confusing when you see that, but noticed I haven't yet registered a loss. Someone suggested I go back and add all of my weights along the way...But I'm okay with not doing that---and starting right here and now. (Actually re-committed to MFP two weeks ago)
    Thank you for inviting me into the group! Looking forward to supporting others and receiving support too!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome ad!! congrats on the wedding! looks like you have everything you need to reach your goals. just set your mind to it. were here to support you.

welcome Sean!! I have followed you for some time.. your amazing! I know about regaining weight, I regained some when my dad passed from cancer,but what matters is your here doing something about it and taking back your life again. I am doing the same thing.. were here to support you every step.
  • jodie_stooge
    Options
    Hey

I started Shred it yesterday. My arms are seriously aching today but i suppose that shows it's working!

I don't think i'm going to work out every day. I was going to try alternate day rest - does that defeat the object of the work out though?

Has anyone else tried this?

As well as Shred it, I was planning on going swimming a couple of times a week (on my rest days).

Really want to loose around 2 stones for the festivals in June!! And thought it would be a good idea to join this group for extra support and motivation!!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hello,

This sounds like a good group for me. I am terrible about keeping with things. I have been good for about 2 weeks and made it to Zumba MWF for about 2 weeks. I lift for an hour before Zumba.

I just got my 30DS DVD yesterday and I was planning on starting this morning. However I went to bed at 11pm and didn't wake up until 9am which left me just enough time to get to work by 10. When I get home from class tonight I will probably just crash.

So my new plan is to start on Saturday, Feb 1. I'll do weight and measurements and pics that morning because my boyfriend will be over and can help with the pics. Until then I'm gonna do my belly dance DVD in the morning before work.

Anyway that's the plan. Food is fuzzy. Right now I have a lot of soup because it is easy.

edit to add: Yay Oklahoma! (was born there)
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Nathan. I've been on MFP for a few months and am really glad I made the choice to be a part of the community. I get on everyday looking for opportunities to encourage and challenge people. And in doing so, I receive the same. I'm looking forward to great things this year!
  • ddstrazzy
    ddstrazzy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Donna. I joined MFP in Sept of 2012 and made some progress and lost 15 lbs. I have since gained that back and more. I am now at my highest weight that I have ever been in my life. I have struggled with my weight since I quit smoking almost four years ago. I just turned 48 and really need to make some changes in my life. I am trying to eat better, exercise more and get my self confidence back. I have a hard time sticking to things and staying motivated. I am hoping this group will keep me motivated this time. I have started the C25K and hope to run in a 5K later this year. I am looking forward to being a part of this group.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! :flowerforyou:

This is a great group of people, motivated and very supportive. We have a few different challenges going on, check through the topics and jump in!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome jodie!

do whatever works for you.. swimming is a great exercise to compliment the shred. gives you a lean body lie running does. feel free to look around the challenges.

Donna welcome!
    congrats on quitting smoking you took back your health.. i lost my dad 3 years ago to cancer from smoking.. my life spinned out of control so i know gaining weight back.. you found a great group.we are doing the c25k here too lots of things going on check the threads.

welcome Nate!
    i love challenging people and supporting as well. this group is awesomesauce! look around.. jump in

Jos.. welcome! bely dancing great core workout.. lifting zumba and bd.. you are in beast mode !you will love JM. we have a shred thread when your ready jump in..

thanks for joining guys.. make this your home add threads. challenges recipes whatever you want.. i started the group but it belongs to each of you.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    welcome to the new members that haven't introduced yourselves.. look around do what you feel comfortable doing.. jump in or sit back and read posts whatever works and motivates you.. . this is your home. just dont sit back and not do what it takes to reach your goals.. you are worth this journey.. we are here to support you in any way. so don't hesitate to ask questions or say you need support.. thats what this group is about.
  • Vol7
    Vol7 Posts: 57
    Options
    Welcome to all the new guys and gals, jump in some of the challenges or goals stuff going on. This is really a great group and super supportive.
  • soldierofgod713
    soldierofgod713 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love avocados and chocolate. I would looove the recipe for your avocado chocolate pudding, and if you know the serving size and calories per serving that would be great :)
  • soldierofgod713
    soldierofgod713 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My name is Nicole and I loove food! I an 25 years old, engaged and have three soon to be step children. Me and my fiance have been together for six years. I have a admin job so I pretty much sit eight hours a day. I have tried MFP before and did it for a month or so then quite, which is what always happens when I diet. I also tried WW but really felt that it would not work for me. I would use all of my points on something unhealthy and I just didnt like it. Now I have joined MFP because I am the heaviest I have ever been and I am getting married soon and would like to lose 41 more pounds so I can look like I did when I first met my fiance. Above all else though I want to be healthy. I do not really mind being thick, I personally think heavier woman are more sexy and that women need curves. My mom is very skinny 123 pounds and she has diabetes and my dad is a normal weight and has diabetes as well, so it runs in my family and I do not want to get it!

The only goals I have are to stay at my given calories of 1550 and start to excercise regulary ( I have just gotten the Jillian Michaels shred video and would like to do it 4-5x a week) After I get down to my goal weight I want to start changing what I eat more and focus more on a diet that would help prevent diabetes. I also want to start toning up once I lose more weight. I think that changing my diet completely right now would be too much. So for now I am eating less and trying to stay at my given calories. I was eating 1200 calories a day for the first week of MFP or so but I felt like I was dieing. I had constant headaches and dizzy spells, so I changed my goal weight loss from 2 pounds to 1 pound per week.

I need to be held accountable because I will always find some excuse to stop and my lovely fiance always says I am beautiful just the way I am and don't need to lose a pound ( so he is not the best at holding me accountable), but I love him so much!

Nice to meet you all group.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Claudia, I am a 44 yr. old wife and mother of 4 wonderful children at this time I weigh about 330 lbs. I am back on MFP after a a not so effective break from here. I started my weight loss journey about 2 years ago, joined my local Curves and MFP at the same time. It was the most mind boggling experience of my life to see myself exercise, eat breakfast and see my body change. I lost about 50 lbs in 3 months :) everyone was so proud of me including myself I was even the winner of our Biggest Loser competition. I made a few bad choices and stopped going to my local gym, because in MY mind it was not working anymore. I wanted to do zumba classes and weight machines and all these fancy things that Curves did not have. So after the 3rd month I changed gyms, first mistake because Curves was blocks away from my house and the new gym was miles away and had to get on the freeway to another town in order to get there. I would go everday before and walk 2 miles a day, now I could not afford gas to get to my new gym everyday so I started going 2 or 3 times a week. I joined their version of The Biggest Loser and failed big time, I made a contract for 1 yr, had to pay even when I was unable to attend, and did managed to lose maybe 5 lbs in the year and since then gained everything back. I really really want to do this. All I need is a little support, I have support at home but it is not the same because nobody needs to lose weight at home. I need to hold myself accountable for what I eat, I need to be truthful and say when I lost those 50 lbs I was in a better financial situation and was able to stock my refrigerator with everything I needed, I am in a different situation now and need to figure out a way to do this without the gym and with what I have on hand. Looking forward to making new friends, giving support and start this journey AND stick with it the rest of my life.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

Nicole - sounds like you've put a lot of thought into things and have figured out a way that will work for you to get where you want to be. Sounds like your bigger challenge will be exercise! That's mine too. I always feel better after I do it but, sometimes I just don't WANT to. Being accountable here helps and motivates me A LOT! Quite a few of us are friends and when I see this or that person's exercise in my feed it motivates me to get moving bc I can be a little competitive ... :laugh:

Claudia - I understand financial situations changing!! And it can be expensive to be healthy but it can also be expensive to not be healthy. I can't tell you how many times I've signed up for gym memberships that didn't get used and yes, being stuck paying for something that I didn't use. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that going to the gym just isn't for me! I have a treadmill and my husband has a home gym, we also have a wii and wii fitness balance board and youtube has recently become my friend along with fitness blender. In other words, I get plenty of exercise without leaving my house. I found my treadmill on a Facebook page for selling exercise equipment, it was $75!! The home gym was my hubby and I's anniversary present to ourselves 2 years ago. You can Zumba in your living room, check out the Zumba videos on youtube... they're FREE! I really haven't found it anymore expensive to eat healthier. I do buy fresh produce but only if it's part of my meal planning for the week bc I've thrown away so much produce over the years bc I bought it without a plan and it didn't get used. I've been buying a lot of frozen veggies, less sodium than canned and if they don't get eaten THIS week they're not going to waste. Just a few ideas to toss around!

Read the forum, check out the challenges and jump in! This is a great group of supportive people!! :flowerforyou: