6am fitness buddies

Options

Replies

• TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wore my new running shoes this morning - felt like Forest Gump!! :)
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Its dark again in the mornings :( still another swimin the bag.
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that dark thing isn't good.

Tuesday done and dusted, now gotta go to work ...much earlier than usual....sigh
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    Day two done, on the bright side I've got the afternoon off work :bigsmile: yaayyy!!!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    6am still feeling like 5am...which feels too much like sleepy time!:yawn:
    must try harder...
  • spg71
    Options
    Day off work today, MOT on the bike and bit of running around. Still managed a swim but not at 6am. Going to try a run in the morning as i have been neglecting running so much 5k all being well.
  • spg71
    Options
    Woohooo 5.3k run done.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Upper body weight training = done!

Also...I saw one of the skinniest girls I've ever seen in the gym this morning. But I had so much respect for her as she was on the squat rack and lifting free weights. Was great to see that she wanted to transform her body. Proof that a fit body stumps a skinny body all day!
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Run done!!

Bit nervous about Friday's run. W5r3 on C25K, 8 mins then 10 mins intervals! Gah!!!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Woohooo 5.3k run done.

Well done!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Run done!!

Bit nervous about Friday's run. W5r3 on C25K, 8 mins then 10 mins intervals! Gah!!!

When I was doing this a friend told me it gets easier after ten mins,I really struggled with my breathing...they were right, it did'
    I'm house sitting for someone this weekend, but next week, am planning to go back to basics and start c25k again,I used to be able to do 7k, now I struggle beyond three!!!
  • spg71
    Options
    Upper body weight training = done!

Also...I saw one of the skinniest girls I've ever seen in the gym this morning. But I had so much respect for her as she was on the squat rack and lifting free weights. Was great to see that she wanted to transform her body. Proof that a fit body stumps a skinny body all day!

Its a nice program, worked for me :) and it really does get easier, then you look at getting a better time and its pain again :)
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    I'm done for the day, was back in bed with cuppa by 5.30.
    Only one more to go.
  • TLwineguzzler
    Options
    Only managed half an hour in the gym because it took me too long get my *kitten* in gear this morning :ohwell: I'll try harder tomorrow!!
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Having spent 85 mins convincing myself out was ok to skip a workout, as was super tired and had headache,I got up at ten to six and did it.
    Another week done...have a great weekend everyone!
  • mbarrett1
    mbarrett1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well I did it and the first 8 mins was tough but the 10 mins, wow that was hard and I'm feeling it now. Wasn't so much with the my breathing or anything, my legs just ached.......!

But I did it!! :-)
  • spg71
    Options
    Well done :)

Glad its Friday, shattered this week. Still another swim done. Big bike ride tomorrow.
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me butting in as I'm normally in the land of nod at 6am, but I have started going in earlier (8:15: mega early for me!!) a couple of days to fit in a treadmill run before my normal gym class.

What do you do for eating breakfast though? I had a small amount of porridge at 7:30 this morning, but think it might be better to just skip food +eat at around 11 after my class, as I feel I'm really not ready for food at that time of day.

I'm also doing the C25K programme and did W3D2 this morning.
  • spg71
    Options
    Overnight oats for breakfast, i make it the night before and just add some protein powder whilst sat at my desk at work.

Works really well for me, healthy and mega filling keeps me topped up till lunch most days.
  • lucyloutoo
    Options
    Nothing...don't eat till lunch usually