February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous walk! Nothing better than deep fresh snow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: to walk around in. Winter Storm Orion has been over us for 2 days now. No biking but I can burn a ton of calories walking in deep snow.

02/01 - 14.0 miles biking
    02/02 - 14.5 miles biking
    02/03 - 1.0 miles walking
    02/04 - 1.0 miles walking
    02/05 - 1.5 miles walking
    02/06 - 1.0 miles walking (blizzard)
    02/07 - 2.0 miles walking (blizzard)

Total: 35.0 miles

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n0iun9x0QT1sr9vtpo1_400.jpg

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • phytogurl
    Options

Hub's strava account has three, so I went with the one that sounded like the least amount of suffering to break myself in gently...The rubber glove. If it continues to snow, I'll a chance to try out the others!

The Rubber Glove is an FTP test. Once you get through the warm ups it's a straight push with no rests. It can be a killer on the legs. It is great for measuring progress though. If you take the average of your heart rate over the last 20 minutes of the time trial it will give you your Functional Threshold Heart Rate. You can use that to calculate training zones to help plan your training better. It's a good test to do about once a month. I'd be interested to know what the other two videos are.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, but I'll have to redo it cuz I had slow streaming, and I didn't jot my HR numbers down...I was too busy gasping for air and concentrating on not stopping! My legs did feel it, but in a good kinda way...i know sick, right. I want to look into the FPT thing and the zones so I can be a better rider, and drop a gear and disappear:) Thanks for all the information! The other two videos are the Revolver and the Fight Club.
  • phytogurl
    Options
    Mountain biked with a girlfriend this morning, and it was a great short ride with firm trails after the rain last night. 6.35 miles, 43.7 miles total.
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Another 2.8 miles for me as I wind down my day.

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    7 miles stationary bike tonight

exercise.png
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    added in 20 miles spinning!!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous walk! Nothing better than deep fresh snow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: to walk around in. Winter Storm Orion has been over us for 2 days now. No biking but I can burn a ton of calories walking in deep snow.

02/01 - 14.0 miles biking
    02/02 - 14.5 miles biking
    02/03 - 1.0 miles walking
    02/04 - 1.0 miles walking
    02/05 - 1.5 miles walking
    02/06 - 1.0 miles walking (blizzard)
    02/07 - 2.0 miles walking (blizzard)

Total: 35.0 miles

exercise.png
    That's better!! Love the positive attitude! Laughing in Mother Nature's face! :drinker::flowerforyou:

Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, but I'll have to redo it cuz I had slow streaming, and I didn't jot my HR numbers down...I was too busy gasping for air and concentrating on not stopping! My legs did feel it, but in a good kinda way...i know sick, right. I want to look into the FPT thing and the zones so I can be a better rider, and drop a gear and disappear:) Thanks for all the information! The other two videos are the Revolver and the Fight Club.

Revolver is a speed video and Fight club is Time Trial/Race. Revolver is 45 minutes of intervals. There is a good warm up then it's one minute intervals at maximum power followed by short recoveries and then some sprints finishes. The Fight Club is 5 X 6:30 high intensity efforts withy surprise attacks. Both will improve speed and Fight Club will improve your ability to be running high speed and stomp on the gas and leave someone behind. Revolver improves your ability to recover quicker after a max effort.

Let me know if you when you are ready to figure out zones and I'll shoot you a private message with the calculations. If your bike computer will allow you to, you can skip recording the heart rate every minute and instead use the program to get the average over the 20 minutes. Wahoo Fitness is the program I use and it allows me to go back and look at any segment of the course and get averages off that.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    add 2.52 today

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    Options

Revolver is a speed video and Fight club is Time Trial/Race. Revolver is 45 minutes of intervals. There is a good warm up then it's one minute intervals at maximum power followed by short recoveries and then some sprints finishes. The Fight Club is 5 X 6:30 high intensity efforts withy surprise attacks. Both will improve speed and Fight Club will improve your ability to be running high speed and stomp on the gas and leave someone behind. Revolver improves your ability to recover quicker after a max effort.

Let me know if you when you are ready to figure out zones and I'll shoot you a private message with the calculations. If your bike computer will allow you to, you can skip recording the heart rate every minute and instead use the program to get the average over the 20 minutes. Wahoo Fitness is the program I use and it allows me to go back and look at any segment of the course and get averages off that.

Great info on the other videos and yes, I'll let you know when I want to take my riding to the next level. Very kind of you...thank you!
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    only 3 so far. Picking it up this week

exercise.png
  • Kaplat
    Kaplat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    8 Feb 13.4 kms

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Walked 5 miles yesterday

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Going for 1000 miles again this month - as long as the weather holds

01-02: 10.64 miles
    02-02: 34.11 miles
    03-02: 50.42 miles
    04-02: 51.12 miles
    05-02: 51.26 miles
    06-02: 50.11 miles
    07-02: 34.33 miles
    08-02: 33.44 miles
    February miles: 315.42

YTD miles: 1487
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    QOTD:
    tumblr_n0fi2oYxmL1sr9vtpo1_500.png
    Have a fantastic weekend @ss Movers!
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    @speedy - Love that quote!!

I've got 7.06 miles to add

exercise.png
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just read through the past 10 pages or so I had missed since my last post. There's a lot of @ss moving this month! Also I'm still smiling at the giraffe and the bunny. Those were awesome.

3 miles running & several miles walking to add:

exercise.png

Looking forward to a longer run outside today. It's currently -18F but is supposed to get up to 12 or 13 above with a light wind.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

exercise.png

4 Miles on the treadmill yesterday.
  • donjessop
    Options
    Looks like I forgot to put in my challenge for February. Well, the weather started off cold ( -20C ) so I figure that 4 miles per day will work. 4 x 28 = 112 so my challenge this month is 112 miles.

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.