February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    With a 35mph wind, gusting at a lot fecking more, this mornings ride was hard but really enjoyable
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Adding another 2.5 miles walking tonight to loosen up my stiff legs and because I needed to catch up on my Fitbit steps a little. I was falling a little too far down the leaderboard for my liking.

Dave

Saw that - with my working two shifts in a row I dropped down three spots :noway: . I did manage to do a few miles at work tonight - I'll add those later when I do real walking - we've had no patients for most of the night and I'm the designated scrub nurse, so no threat of an admission. I walked laps. read a book, watched The Walking Dead marathon, did some mandatory online work stuff, and some fun stuff. Now just waiting for the day people ...

See you all later after some sleep, and lots of caffeine and steps. :drinker:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I know it's a short month but does it seem like there are more of us struggling to get to green? Dave, Break out the minions!!! explode angry explode angry mad angry mad
    @sufferlandria:
    I totally agree with you! I hate playing 'catching up'. Maybe I just forgot how to move forward! :tongue:
    hE8CC103A
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Speedyf, the dog on the treadmill GIF is mesmerizing.

I went for my first 10 mile run yesterday! Dave suggested on Fitbit I rest....AND THEN HE WENT FOR A WALK. :angry:

:laugh:

exercise.png
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    2/8 - 6.75 miles walking with intermittent sprinting
    Total to date: 34.5 of 106.75
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    logged a few more miles new total now 22.7miles

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,921 Member
    Options
    =======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

http://www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Hooray! It is not snowing. That means I can go for a walk.

@Dean - you wouldn't want the snow we have. We had nice snow but then we got 4 inches of sleet and crappy snow that created a hard crust on top with a solid sheet of ice. Can't walk on it - keep breaking through even with snow shoes. Only the dogs can walk on top but too slippery for them even with 4 paw drive. The male slid over a cliff yesterday but was fortunately not hurt. Trust me, it's no fun.

Which reminds me of a story... I was in London a few years back when they got a "big" snow storm. Lots of warnings about the terrible weather coming and advisories to go home. I stayed in the office and watched as they got about a quarter inch of snow. I was thinking what a joke! Then at the end of the day I left to go back to my hotel. It was only a quarter inch but it was a solid sheet of ice. There were no cabs to be had. The few cars that were on the roads were sliding every which way. In my leather soled shoes, and no Yak Trax, I could barely walk to the tube station or from the tube to the hotel. It was a miracle I didn't kill myself!
  • 93nan
    93nan Posts: 130
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Tbee1966
    Tbee1966 Posts: 123
    Options
    2/9: 5.5 miles

14.75/48

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    4.06 miles for feb 8th,

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding another 16 miles on for today. That makes 114 out of 350. Quick! Somebody update the spreadsheet so I can go GREEN! I'm feeling a bit like Kermit the Frog. "It ain't easy being green..." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

exercise.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    2/1: rowing 2.65km, bicycling 10km
    2/2: bicycling 15.3km, rowing 1.5km
    2/3: rowing 1km, bicycling 5.7km
    2/5: running 3.48km
    2/6: bicycling 16km
    2/7: rowing 1.1km, bicycling 10.4km
    2/9: rowing 3.74km

total: 70.87km
    left: 49.13km

exercise.png

I also did 25 minutes of (stationary) biking today, but since the display didn't work I'm not 100% sure how much I biked (over 10km for sure) so I'm not adding that one.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Janet - I had to smile when you mentioned the snow in London. It reminded me of October when my kids bus got stuck in my driveway. We had a spell of 0 degree and then it warmed up and rained but the ground was still cold. The rain froze almost as soon as it hit. The bus had to us it's chains to get out of my driveway. :bigsmile: Fortunately the buses here have a special device that extends down and swings lengths of chain under the tires so that they don't have to chain up. :glasses:
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunny, but chilly day..7 miles walked outside..

TTD 56miles

exercise.png
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    5.81 miles to add

exercise.png
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Missed my regular Saturday biking because of a funeral and a daylong choral workshop. So I guess that was my "rest" day! Therefore I rode the stationary bike today for 5.5 mi;es, bringing the February total to 30.5 for now.
    Now to watch more of the Olympics -- bring on the curling!
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    39.66miles since my last update for a total of 52.05miles.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    7 miles total - 2 of them were at work last night. It's nice to burn calories while on the clock. Just did 5 miles outside, a new record for me. Decided to go for a 15K badge on my Fitbit page.

exercise.png
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    7 miles total - 2 of them were at work last night. It's nice to burn calories while on the clock. Just did 5 miles outside, a new record for me. Decided to go for a 15K badge on my Fitbit page.

exercise.png

Congrats on the new record & the badge!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    3.85 miles walked today

44.73 miles walked to date
This discussion has been closed.