February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    How depressing. Fir the first time I don't think I am going to hit my goal. Winter weather has finally came in a huge way for NW Oregon. I am lucky I can get a walk in. So far we have had a blizzard, heavy snowstorm, ice storm and now freezing rain. All in 4 days. Managed a walk today, but in deep snow snow with an inch of ice on top, was very tough. Well I guess I will have to join the gym now.

02/08 - 2.0 miles walking - deep snow
    02/09 - 2.5 miles walking - deep snow/ice

Total: 39.5 miles

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    2/9 - .99 mile walk

exercise.png
  • Beckyann1971
    Options
    5.5 miles today for a total of 18.5.

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    2/8 4.26 miles run/walk with the hound dogs
    2/9 11.67 miles mountain biked on a new trail. After almost 3 hrs or riding, it's kind of sad to see that I only traveled over 11 miles...seems like it should be much more for the effort and time! :grumble:
    mtd 59.63

:flowerforyou: for all you that are dealing with the winter woes. :flowerforyou: It seems our winter just kinda skipped our area and I have to be honest...I am taking advantage of it. However, if we don't get some precip sooner or later, we will be dealing with water rationing and wildfires this year...yikes.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    4 miles of walking and read a chapter of tax text. We are a little warmer. Gave up on the pellet stove and got a ceramic heater. We have to be careful what we have going though since we keep tripping breakers, can't have coffee pot going while heater is on, can't run microwave either. At least it is about 62 in the kitchen now. We got snow last night, not like Oregon or many other places, just a few inches that has melted off the roads today.

Anaconda-I don't know how you could be walking outside. My daughter is in Portland and she has had a terrible time getting to work and back.

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    7 miles total - 2 of them were at work last night. It's nice to burn calories while on the clock. Just did 5 miles outside, a new record for me. Decided to go for a 15K badge on my Fitbit page.

exercise.png

Congrats on the new record & the badge!

Thanks. Now making noises every time I get off the couch. :bigsmile:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Nice weather FINALLY, so Cora (my blue heeler) and l enjoyed a 3.9m walk.

exercise.png
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Added some more miles this week, staying in because of the cold.

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

Susnday 2/09

(Exercise bike 26.49 miles & walk 1.5 miles)

**total 27.99 miles for today

***257.76 miles done and 467.24 miles to go...:happy:
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Oh for the days I only had to work 10 hour shifts. :grumble: It's early enough here for me to get a few more steps in tonight, but I am Seriously behind. :frown: Still have hopes of finishing strong and getting to goal. I hope anyway. :ohwell:

So, I've added 2.5 miles in the last 2 days. Month total 11 miles. I hope to be back later tonight with more miles to add.

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    5 miles run/walk

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    It was a good Sunday for me!

9.61 walking miles ... 20,171 steps! I'm good with that! :laugh:

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Chris
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    P90X3, 1.5 on the TM then 6.50 on bike! Past the half way mark!

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles on elliptical from today
    TTD 39 miles

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Adding another 16 miles on for today. That makes 114 out of 350. Quick! Somebody update the spreadsheet so I can go GREEN! I'm feeling a bit like Kermit the Frog. "It ain't easy being green..." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

exercise.png

@ Dean, Your wish is my command. Enjoy it until midnight. :laugh: Spreadsheet updated to here...

@ Anaconda - nice job getting in a walk despite the weather. Somehow I don't think you need to worry about making your goal - you're still ahead of pace. But you might not manage to double your goal like you usually do LOL.

Oh, and did I mention I got a 3 mile walk in before it started ... you guessed it ... snowing again.

exercise.png
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    +2 today. 28.2 miles.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Thanks Janet!! I'm green!!! Well, at least for another 3 hours. :drinker: :drinker:
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Walked 3.83 miles today.

31.03/125
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Slacked off last week and now I am getting a cold. I will get the miles on this week regardless.

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Another 2.3 miles today. Total of 18.8 miles for February.

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.