Chat thread

Options

Replies

• hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Where did you guys get your 1.25lb fractionals (if you have them)? I found some on amazon but if I could find them local (NC in US), that'd be easier. Increasing upper body lifts after every 3rd session helps, but I know fractionals would help even more!
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Where did you guys get your 1.25lb fractionals (if you have them)? I found some on amazon but if I could find them local (NC in US), that'd be easier. Increasing upper body lifts after every 3rd session helps, but I know fractionals would help even more!

I got mine from Amazon. They're from Ader Fitness and they have 2 each of 1lb, .75lb, .5lb and .25lb. Even though they're made in Dallas, I couldn't find them in Houston. If you go to their website, I think they have a list of places where you can buy them.

Today at the gym, I asked the woman that I did my 3 training sessions with to take my measurements. I didn't write any of them down, but since October 16, I've lost 2.5" off my natural waist! The only place that didn't show a loss was my biceps and thighs, BUT, I lost .75% body fat, which she said was good in such a short amount of time, especially since it included the holidays (and my birthday and a cruise, lol). She was pleased and so am I. :happy:
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/200000/10000/1000/500/211517/211517.strip.gif

and cruising.. you don't want to lose off your biceps and thighs, you're building muscle there! :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I actually have weighted collars. They total 3.5 lbs together.

My husband however is getting me some washers from his work (he is a power engineer in a pulp mill) but you can find those in a hardware store as well....

Big bulky heavy washers...they can weight from 1/4lb all the way up to 1.5lbs and more depending on where you get them.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Thanks for both those ideas, I'll check them out.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Been to give blood but real life has got in the way this week so I've only managed one lifting session, and the weekend is looking packed (more Real LifeTM)..

it makes me grumpy though!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    So I noticed that none of the bars at the gym are covered in chalk, nor are there any chalk boxes. I bought some chalk at the sporting goods store today, but I am going to have to ask what the policy is at the new gym. If no chalk, I may go to my old gym for DL days and then stay at the new gym for row days. I prefer the weight area in the new gym, but I know the old gym allows and provides chalk. Good thing my membership covers both gyms :smile:
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    It's not fair that comfort food has so many calories...

I made baked beans, corn bread and potatoe salad today...wowsers...still at TDEE-15% but man...
  • jstout365
    Options
    Stef- Yeah, a lot of good comfort food is quite calorie dense.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    @ viglet: I give my kids protein powder...Whey is a byproduct of milk. We make "milkshakes" all the time.

@ Steph: Your pictures posted on the Halp, lifting made me bulky thread are awesome! Your *kitten* is looking esp lovely.

STILL not able to lift, BUT, the PT said next week we would go from mobility to strength training. YES! The end is near! I can't wait!
  • viglet
    viglet Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good to know I can make that cheesecake without feeling guilty. Will probably do it this week! Thanks guys
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    @ viglet: I give my kids protein powder...Whey is a byproduct of milk. We make "milkshakes" all the time.

@ Steph: Your pictures posted on the Halp, lifting made me bulky thread are awesome! Your *kitten* is looking esp lovely.

STILL not able to lift, BUT, the PT said next week we would go from mobility to strength training. YES! The end is near! I can't wait!

Thanks...my lovely husband just needs to quit slapping it now...:blushing: he said they are like boobs his favorite things but more accessible.

So ate my comfort food this weekend...and still lost 1/2lb...
    Feeding my chocolate fix as we speak...hard day...blah

But the lifting that I thought I was gonna miss I got in and that makes me feel better esp getting past the deload weight on BP.

But only gonna get 2 days in this week as we leave for Punta Cana on Friday...the resort has a gym so going to visit it to see what's in it...barring that...logging when I can and swimming lots. Lots of beach side walks...romance etc.

I do find it funny tho...it seems I have great lifting days on Mondays...rest? more carbs on the weekend???
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Stef, congrats on the weight loss! I need to buckle down and see if I can drop a few pounds! If you don't get to check in before you leave, have a great time!
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Steph your comfort food is missing cheese!

As for me, I had a proper look at my back today, it has muscles and *kitten* that you can see! And dimples too, only little ones but hey dimples is dimples. I need to learn how to flex them so I can pose lol
  • jstout365
    Options
    hump-day-geico-camel-commercial.gif
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    Hey ladies just checking in with the news...

Lost another 1/2lb today...so that is 1lb this week...i normally only weigh myself on Mondays but with vacation I wanted to know where I am..

so that is 4lbs in 4 weeks...Yah...tightening up my intake, adding in HIIT...not a lot of alcohol consumption has done wonders.

Two days from our Trip. "Big" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: snow storm coming tomorrow...10-20cms (so 5-10 inches)expected...hehe then rain on Friday...glad I am hitting the tropics soon not sure I can handle much more winter without some sort of a break...(I live in eastern Canada and it's been brrrrrr cold)

Son got a new job today...I swear he is the only person I know that gets hired on the spot seriously..what is up with that...that is his 3rd job this year he got hired on the spot for...(1st one got laid off due to lack of work in winter, 2nd one the foreman was an *kitten* and now this one):noway:

So he moved out....sort of....:noway: :noway: :noway:

The job is 2hours away on the coast so he came home and got his necessities...ie cloths computer xbox and is going down to live with my brother for a bit until he can get his own place...not sure how I feel about that...just glad he is with my brother...I think...(baby brother youngest in the family and a big goof)
  • AABru
    Options
    hump-day-geico-camel-commercial.gif

Mike, hey Mike,Mikey,Mike...do you know what day it is? :drinker:

I love this! I have a student named Mike I do this to every Wednesday. Never gets old (although it may for him, but really, as long as I'm happy...)!!:laugh:
  • AABru
    Options

Thanks...my lovely husband just needs to quit slapping it now...:blushing: he said they are like boobs his favorite things but more accessible.

So ate my comfort food this weekend...and still lost 1/2lb...
    Feeding my chocolate fix as we speak...hard day...blah

But the lifting that I thought I was gonna miss I got in and that makes me feel better esp getting past the deload weight on BP.

But only gonna get 2 days in this week as we leave for Punta Cana on Friday...the resort has a gym so going to visit it to see what's in it...barring that...logging when I can and swimming lots. Lots of beach side walks...romance etc.

I do find it funny tho...it seems I have great lifting days on Mondays...rest? more carbs on the weekend???

Your photos ARE awesome, no question.

Husbands are great for support when it comes to a squat *kitten*, no?

I have great lifting days on Sundays, and I do tie it into more rest and more food on weekends.
    My husband is an *kitten* man no doubt...although the grabbiness can get annoying. We may be the only family in the world where a pat on the butt is an expected show of affection. Can't wait to get THAT phone call from my son's first grade teacher!

I had PT yesterday. I have officially been moved from mobility to strengthening. I may be released next week. She wanted to release me this week, and I said "So, I have no pain, but my grip strength is half what it was. I can't open a jar of pickles, and you want to RELEASE me?" (really, WTH) The PT stared at me and then said, "so I guess you want some strengthening exercises?" I have very little soreness today from the exercises...I'm quite pleased and ready to go back to merely lifting the bar...and progressing VERY, very, very, slowly (hey, but it's progression!). I hate the idea of starting over, but it's been almost 5 months. Maybe I'll start with body weight exercises and yoga first.:grumble:
  • jstout365
    Options
    Stef- That is an awesome loss rate! Have fun on your trip! I'm ready for winter to be done already. Had to plow the driveway this morning and will probably do it again before the day is done.

AABru - Good to hear that you are moving forward and getting back to strength training. Never easy to be out for an injury.
  • jstout365
    Options
    party-gifs-its-friday.jpg