Chat thread

Options

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    The price of kettlebells always shocks me. I'd love a good set, but just can't justify the cost.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Can't wait until Garage Sale season again. This is where I get most of my equipment.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    we've decided instead of joining a gym we are taking that money and buying equipment for home...Yah

Kijiji here I come
  • catfive1
    Options
    I love Kijiji
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I said that, and then I bought a speed jump rope off of amazon ROFL (the ones at the gym are annoying, hard to adjust, broken handles things. I can justify putting 10$ towards being able to do double unders soon, right?!)

I wish I had the space to build my own home gym. My teensie apartment barely allows me to do workout DVDs lol. But it's on the "when I get a house" list!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You buy a speed rope and I just went and bought fractionals. 1/4 1/2 3/4 and 1lb. Now I'm excited for them to get in so I can keep progressing on harder lifts!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

Or maybe a sandbag. Sandbag training looks awesome! Hehe ^^ But I've spent enough money on stuff for the moment lol...

Funny you mention that - I've been thinking about getting a sandbag. It would be cool to able to lift outside once it gets warmer. Plus the neighbors will really give me interesting looks. You should see the looks I get when I pull my weighted sled around. :bigsmile:
  • krokador
    Options

Or maybe a sandbag. Sandbag training looks awesome! Hehe ^^ But I've spent enough money on stuff for the moment lol...

Funny you mention that - I've been thinking about getting a sandbag. It would be cool to able to lift outside once it gets warmer. Plus the neighbors will really give me interesting looks. You should see the looks I get when I pull my weighted sled around. :bigsmile:

Haha yeah. I have a park with a soccer field right by my place. It would be perfect to do circuits there with some weight I can toss around. People already look at me funny when I interval run and jump rope. When it's not Below freezing out there.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Haha yeah. I have a park with a soccer field right by my place. It would be perfect to do circuits there with some weight I can toss around. People already look at me funny when I interval run and jump rope. When it's not Below freezing out there.

lol let them stare I say :drinker:

I love outdoor conditioning :bigsmile: desperately waiting for the weather to dry up a bit here in the UK, field at my gym is too wet to do anything so sled drags & sprints are on hold until then, roll on summer I say
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    wow..just checked my calendar...

Realized I've been lifting for 6months...

This blows my mind actually...I have never stuck with an "exercise" for this long...I would always find an excuse to not do the treadmill or stair stepper etc....Oh I didn't eat that much I don't need to do that today...blah blah

I am going to call this a NSV for me today...
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Monday is my one year anniversary! :)
  • girlie100
    Options

This blows my mind actually...I have never stuck with an "exercise" for this long...I would always find an excuse to not do the treadmill or stair stepper etc....Oh I didn't eat that much I don't need to do that today...blah blah

Whoop :drinker:
  • girlie100
    Options

Whoop as well :drinker:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Congrats!

I was just thinking the other day, I've been lifting for 4 months, but I definitely still feel like a noobie.

Congrats!

It's funny, because I think of all of you as super experienced pros! You all have so much knowledge, and I thank you for sharing it with me and the rest of the noobs.
  • krokador
    Options
    Awesome on everyone reaching lifting anniversaries! That's pretty kickass! :)

I actually don't even remember when I started. I know it was sometime in very late may or june last year. I might have to find my first workout log and mark the date!

And it will pretty much coincide with my 10 years out of high school and the reunion that goes with it. I've been working my butt off to be able to show up at that reunion leaner than I was then xD (Not hard to beat. Already accomplished, in fact. Which might be why I slowed down. Not good. No complacency!)
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    10 years?! you whippersnapper. It's my school 20 year reunion this summer! still trying to work out whether or not to go!

and I still feel like a n00b :) lifting is one of those things you can always keep improving and learning, which is great!
  • catfive1
    Options
    10 years?! you whippersnapper. It's my school 20 year reunion this summer! still trying to work out whether or not to go!

and I still feel like a n00b :) lifting is one of those things you can always keep improving and learning, which is great!

You are both whippersnappers. I graduated from High School 35 years ago.

Today is my 7 month Anniversary of starting lifting heavy. I also still feel like a noob. :happy:
  • krokador
    Options

There's such a thing as a 20 years reunion? I would totally go! Hehe. i'm a big nostalgic.

And yeah, I guess I'm young here. It's odd to be honest. Most of the online groups I've been a part of before I was the elder. xD
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Happy liftversaries everyone! Lydia 1 year. You are so baller!!!!

I'm right around 15 months so no fun celebrations until next December.

I've been going out of my mind this week. Haven't lifted due to a knee injury which may have been compounded by jogging (what was I thinking) Next week back to the weights and if all goes well adding c25k with new shoes back after that =D

PS I forgot there was a chat thread haha.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

You are both whippersnappers. I graduated from High School 35 years ago.

It's been 22 years for me. I went to a very small private school so I don't think there was even a reunion @ 10 or 20 years. I never liked high school much so probably wouldn't have gone anyway...
    Today is my 7 month Anniversary of starting lifting heavy. I also still feel like a noob. :happy:

Awesome - Congratulations! :drinker: